Rejected at Nong Kai border for unknown reason

2 minutes ago, jimn said:

Why did you feel the need to say anything? You should have just given the IO your passport and say nothing. Chances are you would have been stamped in with no issues.

I debated about this. But I stayed in touch with the other guy from Europe who had the same experience as me and he went to the Malaysia Thai border to chat with police and ask for advice and they seemed to appreciate his transparency, they can see your history in the computer anyways right. And the next day the same police stamped him into Thailand. I couldn't chat with them first since there's a bus you have to take in Laos border so I just tried to mention my story briefly and the police laughed about it abd said don't worry, but he was already reading my profile in the computer anyways. Crapshoot I guess 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

if an IO behaves in any way unprofessionally to your detriment calmly and clearly ask to speak to a superior.

This worked for me when Immigration Officers were being difficult...  

Long story short, my Extension of stay based on Work expired the day after I'd landed back in BKK (after being away for a month and the contract had finished), the Immigration officer stamped me in for one day based on that expiry date.

I objected and had to go push the issue up two levels before speaking to someone with reason who agreed that it was ridiculous to stamp me in for one day - the junior officers really were unimpressed at being over-ruled.

So, I can see how some Immigration Officers can be deliberately difficult and it appears the Op had one of those people who should never be in the position they are in. 

At the time, when the Op had entered Phuket I advised that he speak with a supervisor and someone who can see reason, but it appears that it was too late and he was left without choice or didn't push firmly enough. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I was once asked for my boarding pass on arrival in BKK and I didnt have it... luckily the Immigration officer was ok about it.

You should be asked every time.

The immigration officers accept folk not presenting it as the requirement is so naively not known and MANY do not present it at passport control. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The boarding pass should be presented along with passport to the immigration officer at pp control upon arrival. 

It should be or it must be?

If the IO want to know what flight I came off they can ask. Here is the check in kiosks at Changi airport for Scoot airlines.  No reason for me to stop here, I check in online, boarding pass on mobile, no “flipping thru the passport”  for an visa, onward ticket or the most ridiculous lie in The history of air travel to Thailand of 6 month passport validity needed. Leave that to the tattooed teenagers of Hot Springs, Arkansas Delta airlines check in counter. 

Even if you have checked baggage (a mugs game ) all you have to do is put your passport facial page into their machine. 

IMG_3286.jpeg

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Anyway I thought I was on “permanent ignore” I did not print out a boarding pass to purposely shame myself this month, just to prove that it can be thrown in the garbitch with no penalty and no question asked. 

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Surprised the mods didn't ban that person after their initial 1st troll post. Now another troll post by the same bored old dude with too much time on his hands.

They always know to disable the recent visitors on the profile as well..........

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Ridiculous. As I stated in post above.

The io overlooks the requirement as so many travelers are ignorant.

As your post indicates. 

Don't understand the departure reference and pic.

I'm referring to international arrivals as I did in several recent trips. 

I’m not sure what you are saying

I’m talking about international arrivals 

even at the Chiang Mai airport international arrivals counter there is a bit of paper that says present boarding pass. My boarding pass is in my Apple iOS wallet or in the trash on the airplane. If that is is unacceptable they can check their records or even send me back. I do not care. Requirement? Utter pish 

I have flown to Thailand hundreds of times over 26 years asked for a “boarding  pass “ a hand full of times. Meaning 3-5 times 

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Upon departure, yes.... But upon arrival its something I've only ever been asked to show once (about two years ago) and I'm making about 8 International arrivals / entry's per year....  So its clearly not something they ask for with any degree of frequency

Been discussed many times.

Such an experienced traveller should know better.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1280942-suvarnabhumi-immigration-entry-processing-boarding-pass-required-from-your-arrival-flight-18122022/

That thread is BKK.

Other airports (eg Saigon) even moreso 

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, siwiek said:

don't you dare ask this to Phuket immigration or they will mark you as a international fugitive in the Thai Immigration database 😆

I never doubted your submissions

Maybe just a new “excuse”

Like people who were denied entry for “insufficient funds” ignoring after they proffered the wad of thousands of dollars in $100 bills. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:
3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Upon departure, yes.... But upon arrival its something I've only ever been asked to show once (about two years ago) and I'm making about 8 International arrivals / entry's per year....  So its clearly not something they ask for with any degree of frequency

Been discussed many times.

Such an experienced traveller should know better.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1280942-suvarnabhumi-immigration-entry-processing-boarding-pass-required-from-your-arrival-flight-18122022/

That thread is BKK.

Other airports (eg Saigon) even moreso 

I have only ever been asked for a boarding pass upon arrival once...  (out of every country I travel to for over two decades of frequent travel)...  

Since that time, I always ensure I keep my boarding pass just in case.

So,.. I should know better, for what exactly ???

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:
3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The issue the Op encountered is that the Immigration officers reported that they suspected he had a fake boarding pass and that was the reason for his rejection, although it appears at the time he was told his rejection was because he didn't show 20,000 Baht in cash (although he had it and was never asked for it).... 

That Immigration Officer at Phuket seems like a complete 'wrong-un' and set the ball rolling on a path of ridiculous inconvenience and hassle for the Op... 

It is a ridiculous assertion that boarding passes can be faked. Maybe the one you print at home on A4 or letter size.

Normal one on thermal paper or on that airline card stock? Then how do the fakirs get on the plane when the barcode does not match an open seat

Exactly, but apparently thats is what the Op was told was recorded into the system against his name.