Pot industry pushes back against draft law that would put an end to Thailand’s cannabis revolution

webfact

10 hours ago, MonteD said:

I agree, even Steve Wonder could see that coming.

another stupid one liner wanna be comedian trolley who never commits any of his own opinions for fear he might get laughed at... your persona reminds me of the wanna be teachers here in the esl game. are you a wanna be teacher, per chance? --> flamed

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, Mark Nothing said:

I have seen mostly negative affects since marijuana was legalized.

A shop opened up next to one of my coffee shops and the workers and clientele look like criminals.  Tattos up their necks.  Driving beat up cars and motorbikes.  Driving wrecklessly knocking over my friends parked motorbike while we were enjoying a coffee.  Driver was in a stupor.

My condo maintenance boy who has never been any good, doesn't even bother to bring his tools to repair jobs and tried to sell me marijuana instead of fixing my maintenance problem.  He probably pawned tools.

My regular fruit vendor lady was smoking joints while working, and then she couldn't figure out how to make change or how much her fruit costs.  Out of business now.

Driving on the roads has always been attrociously bad but now they aim for me while crossing the streets.  That is a new phenominon.

This legalization has been a big mistake and needs correcting.

you seem to have been disproportionally affected   I don't think cannabis or the relaxation of regulations has anything to do with it. you need to look much much closer to home if you wish to find the source of your problems

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It sounds like mine was a first hand experience and yours was is based on speculation, as I was a smoker for a long time and I smoked some very powerful stuff back in the day.

As far as the comparison between ganja and tobacco goes I find that to be a bit unscientific in a sense that the average cigarette smoker who smokes a pack a day probably takes about 400 to 500 drags of cigarettes in one day. The average pot smoker might take three drags, at the outside five or six drags of ganja, so we're not really talking apples and apples.

I consider ganja to be infinitely less toxic than tobacco. 

When you say that you smoked very powerful stuff back in the day, there are many studies about the ganja being sold now and they say that the THC content has gone up many times. That's the reason that I really don't smoke anymore, the mellow weed simply disapeared and now we have these THC bombs.

9 hours ago, Shocked farang said:

When you say that you smoked very powerful stuff back in the day, there are many studies about the ganja being sold now and they say that the THC content has gone up many times. That's the reason that I really don't smoke anymore, the mellow weed simply disapeared and now we have these THC bombs.

In Thailand there are very cheap Koh Tao or Thai Green Crack strains that are super low in THC. Around 5-10% 

10g goes like 150-300 Baht

my fav is called Charlotte Web, it has 

CBD 10%THC 1%

or BaOx, CBD 7%THC 7%

I ingest very little but I do know a lot about strains as part of my knowledge. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Shocked farang said:

While I agree it was two decades ago when I stopped smoking I was getting top grade hydroponic from British Columbia, and it is probably on the level of the stuff that is commercially available now. Some buds were one ounce. It was gorgeous stuff, but very powerful and it just got tiring being that out of it. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, brfsa2 said:

In Thailand there are very cheap Koh Tao or Thai Green Crack strains that are super low in THC. Around 5-10% 

10g goes like 150-300 Baht

my fav is called Charlotte Web, it has 

CBD 10%THC 1%

or BaOx, CBD 7%THC 7%

I ingest very little but I do know a lot about strains as part of my knowledge. 

You might want double check your figures for BaOx. They look like quoted figures for ST1. 

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

Everywhere one will find brainless drongoes who are neither satisfied or happy with their own lifestyle and so have to revert to drugs to enhance their miserable existance.

I bet you feel good about being better than other people right?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2024 at 11:27 PM, spidermike007 said:

They should fight these changes with everything they have, the people who have invested a fortune into these stores and cannabis related businesses depend on the government to support them and the last thing they need right now is a flip-flop and a restart of the war on recreational drugs, which is a ridiculous pursuit on the part of any government. They should hire lobbyists, they should pay off senators, they should do whatever they need to do to make sure no changes take place with this law. 

Do you think the government really cares who has invested in this industry?

If they decide to close the 'loophole' regarding recreational use they will. 

As I have said in the past, from my observations most of the stores are empty of customers throughout the day and/or reducing their opening hours.

As for 'paying off senators, are you advocating a form of illegal bribery?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Lancelot01 said:

Do you think the government really cares who has invested in this industry?

If they decide to close the 'loophole' regarding recreational use they will. 

As I have said in the past, from my observations most of the stores are empty of customers throughout the day and/or reducing their opening hours.

As for 'paying off senators, are you advocating a form of illegal bribery?

Yes. It is the way business is done here. Are you suggesting that this industry behave in a more righteous fashion than any other industry, and be left out of the picture? 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/23/2024 at 5:30 PM, jvs said:

I bet you feel good about being better than other people right?

Do you think he feels better than those high on drugs?

• Haha 1

On 2/23/2024 at 4:47 PM, Huckenfell said:

Everywhere one will find brainless drongoes who are neither satisfied or happy with their own lifestyle and so have to revert to drugs to enhance their miserable existance.

Nice positive post, It seems it would certainly make talking to you more bearable! 🤪

• Haha 1

On 1/16/2024 at 10:11 PM, Purdey said:

Strange that weed is a big story  and not alcohol fueled rage attacks or yaba induced truck crashes. 

Weed is probably the least dangerous soft drug. 

Because 'Meth Pandemic Across Nation, Generational Alcoholism on the Rise'  makes for very bad copy.

• Agree 2