Prachuap Khiri Khan starts preemptive measures to control wildfires

image.jpeg

Prachuap Khiri Khan Province has taken a step forward in its efforts to manage and control wildfires.

The province has officially designated a special wildfire control area that encompasses a total of 154 villages across eight districts.

The move is primarily aimed at reducing the risk of wildfires near forest regions and enhancing community involvement in monitoring and prevention efforts.

Mr. Nitthat Jantarat, the Director of the Office of Natural Resources and Environmental Policy and Planning in Prachuap Khiri Khan, shared details of the new initiative. According to Mr. Jantarat, the province is focusing on preemptive measures to avert actions that could potentially lead to wildfires. He emphasized the importance of community cooperation in keeping a vigilant eye on potential fire hazards.

By Online Reporter

File photo, just for illustrative purposes.

Full story: HUA HIN TODAY 2024-01-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Ironically, the reason I decided to settle in Hua Hin district twenty years ago was to take advantage of clean sea air to aid in asthma control. 🙄

A major thought with me too. But last year the smog was as bad as I ever saw in Chiang Mai (shame also, it too is a lovely place). The hills over the back were barely visible and the place stank of burning wood. See what it's like this year.

AFAIK it's not a problem in Pattaya which would be my alternative.