Trump wins Iowa caucuses, cementing frontrunner status in 2024 race

webfact

3 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Yes. Open to being a Republican if they stuck to the economics with a bit of heart thrown in but there's always so much nonsense that goes with their side of politics.

I consider myself in the middle in Australian politics which is to the left in American terms. I like Biden and his policies except get confused by things like immigration.  I sense in these pages the democrat leaning posters including myself sometimes are focusing on the anti Trump, which is easy fare, and not acknowledging that Biden has done well but, I could be wrong, four more years will be a very difficult sell to the electorate and Democrat alternatives make so much more sense. 

Added 'Democrat' alternatives in case the confused person thought I meant Republicans being the alternative. 

2 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Yes. Open to being a Republican if they stuck to the economics with a bit of heart thrown in but there's always so much nonsense that goes with their side of politics.

I consider myself in the middle in Australian politics which is to the left in American terms. I like Biden and his policies except get confused by things like immigration.  I sense in these pages the democrat leaning posters including myself sometimes are focusing on the anti Trump, which is easy fare, and not acknowledging that Biden has done well but, I could be wrong, four more years will be a very difficult sell to the electorate and alternatives make so much more sense. 

Here's a question for you:

in order to preserve the US Social Security system, there are 2 principal approaches:

1 Raise the retirement age, or

2 Increase the cap on Social Security taxation from the current $168,000 to $250,000.

Which would you support?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I consider myself in the middle in Australian politics which is to the left in American terms. I like Biden and his policies except get confused by things like immigration.  I sense in these pages the democrat leaning posters including myself sometimes are focusing on the anti Trump, which is easy fare, and not acknowledging that Biden has done well but, I could be wrong, four more years will be a very difficult sell to the electorate and alternatives make so much more sense. 

What alternatives do you have in mind?

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Nope.

Loads of asylum seekers present themselves at legal ports of entry.

Then, there are those with fake papers that come in by the busload to work the big farms.

That leaves a relatively small number who try to walk in, and most of those are caught by Border Patrol.

But Trump is going to replace the Wall with something else:

https://politicalwire.com/2024/01/08/trump-calls-for-giant-dome-to-protect-the-u-s/

Already been done, it was called the Strategic Defense Initiative ( SDI ) back in the eighties.

No doubt Trump will claim credit for that too.

Perhaps he will put on an extra layer, with bleach sprayers.

That way, he can have white people, and still get cheap labor.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Here's a question for you:

in order to preserve the US Social Security system, there are 2 principal approaches:

1 Raise the retirement age, or

2 Increase the cap on Social Security taxation from the current $168,000 to $250,000.

Which would you support?

If I am understanding it right 1 is bad for the older worker and 2 means more taxation for those on that income between 168 and 250. Australia has a different system in terms of social security - you don't contribute - it is means tested when you get to 67.

This is what I mean by being in the middle. On the one hand I think there should be a reward for those who work hard and save hard so they can retire independently and I can understand it irking some to have to pay taxes to support others who haven't done so.  But on the other hand I think there is some fairness to share the load around and make sure people can retire at a reasonable age with dignity. So somewhere in the middle.  

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, morrobay said:

"A relatively small number" How many vaccines did you say you have had? Previous employer card. https://www.voanews.com/a/huge-number-of-migrants-highlights-border-crisis/7424665.htmlIMG_20240118_184240.thumb.jpg.6a58d120b734673683e07e38ca877443.jpg

Your argument by authority fails you here.

The vast majority of illegals come in via legal ports of entry.

A relatively small number try illegal entry in isolated areas, but most are caught.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Your argument by authority fails you here.

The vast majority of illegals come in via legal ports of entry.

A relatively small number try illegal entry in isolated areas, but most are caught.

There certainly is a problem. I don't know how they are allowed in but they should be rounded up and put on a boat back to bum ---- Egypt. Now who is more likely for the task. DeSantis, Trump or a democrat?Screenshot_2024-01-18-19-29-32-497_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.c7688705ce42c092b017245764d513a9.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/17/2024 at 7:01 PM, The Cyclist said:

And if you had read the rest of my posts, you would have seen I dont.

I'm only here for the comedy value when the 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47rcjb1vxhrlrnmtmmeh

Starts in earnest

Well at least you're admitting to trolling.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 8:36 AM, EVENKEEL said:

The VP running mate choice will be a consideration because we have 2 very aged candidates. One is so very clearly unfit, both mentally and physically. The other is pretty healthy looking, speaks coherently for extended hours on end, but his age and preferred diet is worrisome. 

Healthy?

It would explain the insanity.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-unhinged-behavior-could-due-160708680.html

On 1/16/2024 at 10:36 PM, EVENKEEL said:

The other is pretty healthy looking, speaks coherently for extended hours on end, but his age and preferred diet is worrisome. 

Trump: Corn Is Not a Liquid

Gutfeld!’ Mocks Trump Plan for ‘Greatest Dome Ever’ Over U.S.

Experts alarmed after Trump demands immunity to do “infinite crimes” in 2 am Truth Social rant

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, pomchop said:

How about WHEN he is convicted instead of IF he is convicted....and of course that is why trump is throwing every legal trick in the book at all of his indictments in an obvious attempt to stall stall stall and hoping he will not be convicted before election day.

He KNOWS what he did.  He KNOWS that there is a massive pile of documents and republican witnesses to support the allegations.  He KNOWS that any fair and impartial jury will convict him of dozens of crimes.  He KNOWS that once convicted his odds of winning the election go way way down.  He KNOWS he is a cornered rat....He KNOWS his only hope of avoiding prison is to create total chaos with the judicial system.

All it will take to thwart that plan is for some of the judges to grow a set of nads and say enough of the frivolous BS filings. The public deserves to know prior to the election if a jury decides to convict trump of any of the 91 charged crimes.  Of course there is zero doubt that trump is trying to set up the same old trump whine whine whine about how it is all rigged against him and try to fire up the MAGA minions to threaten all who oppose him.

The repub talking point that trump is being treated unfairly by the judicial is laughable as so far they have bent themselves over backwards to "treat him fairly" and allow him to get away with threatening witnesses, judges, legal staff over and over....no other defendant in history has been treated with such kid gloves .  Once that happens the house of cards will come tumbling down.

I am waiting for just one judge to say enough, I am holding Trump in contempt. Take him down, he does not get the option of a fine.

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

In other words, Trump has flouted the law for long enough.

He's gotten away with inflammatory posts on social media which would not be tolerated from any other defendant.

So your due process time is limited by your feelings of "long enough"

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

In other words, Trump has flouted the law for long enough.

He's gotten away with inflammatory posts on social media which would not be tolerated from any other defendant.

How many trumpers would feel the same if they were a plaintiff in a courtroom and the defendant constantly tried to intimidate the jury the judge the witnesses and then held a press conference to announce over and over that YOU are a liar and a crook and he did nothing blah blah blah. 

Trump is practically begging a judge to hold him in contempt....which would have happened long ago for any other defendant....it remains to be seen if any of the judges will ignore all his threats and possible maga minions violence and give donnie his wish and put his butt in a jail cell if that is what it takes for him to follow the laws and rules that all others must follow in a court room.

Desperate people do desperate things and donnie is the definition of desperate.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

So your due process time is limited by your feelings of "long enough"

Perhaps you have not noticed, the threats are escalating.

It's quite funny to hear a Trumper rabbiting on about due process, there wasn't much of that from his acolytes on Insurrection Day.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/18/2024 at 6:07 PM, Lacessit said:

The first country to use nukes against another country will be obliterated by everyone else. Perhaps you have forgotten what the acronym MAD means.

The last time Russia invaded Europe was 2014, when it annexed Crimea illegally.

Russia has multiple gates through which it can be attacked via west or east. It had nine gates closed to the west after WWII, now it only has one. Ukraine for them is just a stepping stone.

It's a bit ironic Russia is focused on conflict in the west, where they have usually given as good as they got. The real damage to the Russian psyche has been done by invasions from the east. Mongols and Tartars.

Back on topic, I have no doubt if Trump gets in, he will jettison Ukraine. Not surprisingly, as Moscow is probably bankrolling him.

I was responding to your claim that "Europe will be invaded by Russia again", which IMO is a nonsense given they have nukes.

Anyway, that's far too non specific, if you are going to call the annexation of Crimea an "invasion of Europe".

While the Europeans will apparently tolerate a proxy war against Russia, I'd be extremely surprised if they would accept an invasion of Russia itself by European forces, which would only succeed if America joined in, IMO.

Not surprisingly, as Moscow is probably bankrolling him.

You have zero proof of that, and it's more likely just the usual BS from the Trump haters than fact.

IMO if Trump stops supporting Ukraine on day one, he'd be doing the right thing. America should IMO never have got involved in some European spat. The Europeans have been fighting each other as long as there have been countries on that continent.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/19/2024 at 12:54 AM, Lacessit said:

Already been done, it was called the Strategic Defense Initiative ( SDI ) back in the eighties.

No doubt Trump will claim credit for that too.

Perhaps he will put on an extra layer, with bleach sprayers.

That way, he can have white people, and still get cheap labor.

Oh that's sooooo funny. You should take up comedy as an occupation.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I am waiting for just one judge to say enough, I am holding Trump in contempt. Take him down, he does not get the option of a fine.

IMO that would be a brave judge ( and probably not mind going into "witness protection" after ) to put Trump in jail "just because".

School mass murders have happened in the US for less.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 2:37 AM, The Cyclist said:

I have admitted to being here for the comedy value as heads explode in direct relation to how Trumpty Dumpty does.

Every vote he wins will see the frequency and intensity of the explosions increase.

I dont really think that can be considered trolling.

I doubt pointing out facts can be trolling. It seems that the more popular Trump becomes the more heads explode ( figuratively ) on the anti Trumper's side.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1