Next Republican debate canceled after Nikki Haley says she'll only participate if Donald Trump does

stats

On 1/19/2024 at 7:22 PM, EVENKEEL said:

No way biden will debate anyone. Having Trump on the debate stage would be good. He really should participate.

They'll juice Biden up again nearer the time. 

Wheel him out for 30 minutes for some pre scripted one liners then back onto life support. 

Democracy. US style. 

Edited by JonnyF
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The Trump fluffers here have not been given talking points to explain the tightening polls in New Hampshire, or Trump's confusing Nicki Haley with Nanci Pelosi.

So, Nancy Pelosi was in charge of security on January 6th? That explains a lot. 

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Donald Trump was President on January 6.

If you think that Nanci Pelosi was in charge of Capitol security on January 6, you are either misinformed or deluded. Of course, your Orange Jesus says that Nanci Pelosi was in charge, but either he is lying, or the dementia is talking.

Oh, I thought you said she was, sorry. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/19/2024 at 6:54 AM, BenStark said:

There is a big difference in confusing 2 people in a speech, and not knowing your sister from your wife when they both stand next to you, or not remembering where your own son died

And yet…..inflation coming down,Putin’s criminal war against his neighbors stopped,Meaningful legislation accomplished,and on and on,you really need new material.as far as Joe and Donnie debating would be great only if when trump try’s to blow it up he’s muzzled and only allowed to be heard when he’s responding to questions Germaine to the specific questions asked.as far as nickey i agree that’s entirely correct imo 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, candide said:

Biden's son died from burn pits exposure during the Irak war. Maybe he should have said he died from the Irak war, rather than in the Irak war?

The "Irak" war, where and when was that?  Biden's son definitely was not in that "war"...no one was.  

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I got news for you. Presidents aren't the same as Prime Ministers. The US doesn't have a parliamentary form of government. So Presidents don't really have the occasion to engage in debates in the course of their duties.

He doesn't even do press conferences does he? 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:
13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He has never participated in any debate since he took office.  

I got news for you. Presidents aren't the same as Prime Ministers. The US doesn't have a parliamentary form of government. So Presidents don't really have the occasion to engage in debates in the course of their duties.

I've got news for you, debates/interviews/ discussions (whatever you want to call them) aren't the sole preserve of the UK.

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

I've got news for you, debates/interviews/ discussions (whatever you want to call them) aren't the sole preserve of the UK.

Nor did I claim that they were. Or do you believe that the UK is the sole nation with a parliamentary system of government?

Or perhaps you can share with us what debates previous Presidents engaged in apart from election debates? How about the previous occupant of the office? Or the one before him? 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Did I say that I did?

What else can I assume from your comment. I never mentioned the UK so why would you think bringing up the UK was relevant if you didn't believe that the UK was the only nation with a parliamentary form of government?

Edited by placeholder
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:
8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Did I say that I did?

What else can I assume from your comment.

Well, you sure can't assume that I do think that the UK is the sole nation with a parliamentary system of government when I did not suggest that I did.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well, you sure can't assume that I do think that the UK is the sole nation with a parliamentary system of government when I did not suggest that I did.

Then why did you introduce the UK into the topic? What made you believe it was relevant?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Biden has not been up for office since he won the 2020 election.

He has delivered several State of the Union addresses since then.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Of course he has. Usually debating with the teleprompter.  It rarely goes well.

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

The discussion here is about the Republican presidential debate and Nikki Haley’s decision, not about President Biden’s participation in debates. 

My post was only to remedy a false off-topic claim and your post continues with that off-topic theme.

Additionally, your statement about Biden not participating in any debate since he took office is irrelevant to the current discussion and is a “red herring” illogical fallacy.

This occurs when someone introduces irrelevant information into an argument in an attempt to distract others from the topic at hand.

If that's the topic, why are you going on about Trump? It's Haley's fault there's no debate.

• Confused 2