Spread the word! More Brits in Thailand can now vote in the UK

webfact

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Reform?  Aren't they a bunch of extreme-right wing fascist thugs?  Even too extreme for Farage!

That's a big No, for maximum success he needs to take over as leader but i doubt Farage wants to do it

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, lungbing said:

The problem will be receiving the voting form from your home constituency and then getting it back to them in time to count.  A proxy would get round that, but do you trust your proxy to vote the way you want?

Lack of trust? Maybe you've been here too long?

Anyway, I recall there are two sorts of UK voting proxy, one where you vote pick who you want and your proxy can only submit it as-is. It's filed similar to rthe way a 'standing order' is held at a UK bank in that you will vote for the same party every time. The other, easier form is to have your proxy do the vote pick for you. This is handy if you're a wishy-washy, flippy-floppy type that vacilates between Conservative, Lib Dem or fancy a splash of Greenery. I have never had any issues with missing out on UK voting by proxy (both methods) because of things taking too long. Possibly if there was a snap general election (nobody's going to call that for a while, are they Theresa?) or, if there was a sudden resignation of another Tory MP for being a d**k (they honestly can't help themselves) that forces a byelection.

10 hours ago, lungbing said:

The problem will be receiving the voting form from your home constituency and then getting it back to them in time to count.  A proxy would get round that, but do you trust your proxy to vote the way you want?

I agree entirely and would also add that the whole idea of using a proxy is totally wrong in terms of the personal and private nature of the vote.

There is no reason why electronic voting should not be incorporated. Using the internet is good enough for banks so it should be plenty good enough for election voting then we could all vote whenever there is a snap election. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's a big No, for maximum success he needs to take over as leader but i doubt Farage wants to do it

I am very sure he does not want to do it. After the last election he quit as leader of his own party. Likes telling the big story but not the graft that goes with it.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

A very small one that I use as petrol  and electricity money, I haven't lived in the UK for 55 years.

I have been out some time too, but kept up the NHI stamps to get the pension. 

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I have been out some time too, but kept up the NHI stamps to get the pension. 

My German pension, which gets every increase no matter where I live, is higher than any UK pension I could get.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

My German pension, which gets every increase no matter where I live, is higher than any UK pension I could get.

Oh do stop it... us poor Brits on pensions have enough angst.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

Maybe we should get an MP in the British parliament as well, I note that the French provide this for their expats in various places including the UK.

Well there appears to be a minister for everything else  so why not?  They could start by giving the embassy staff a shake up , and then address the injustice of frozen pensions

• Agree 2