Nikki Haley Sharpens Criticism of Trump in New Hampshire Campaign Finale

Social Media

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Huh?!?

A major part of Haley's policy is about Ukraine policy!

She's for supporting Ukraine and NATO.

The magas are against it.

It's a MAJOR issue in the campaign!

Well the Republican electorate in the 2 States that just voted do not seem to be very fussed about it.

Funny thing that, when people dont vote the way you want or expect.

The MAGA's are clearly winning so far, so much for Haley's policies.

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

The Ukraine issue and abortion are vote killers for non MAGA republicans. The 2020 vote should have been a lesson in extremism but they doubled down in 2022 and lost heavily. They still believe that God will do the right thing this time round.

Yes I agree a strong majority of Americans support legalized abortion with reasonable limitations and also support of Ukraine against Putin. But in politics logic about policy positions doesn't usually trump emotions. It's going to be VERY DIRTY campaign. 

1 minute ago, The Cyclist said:

Well the Republican electorate in the 2 States that just voted do not seem to be very fussed about it.

It's less about her policies and more about the fact that she's a non white female for the GOP.

12 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The conservatives now are more old school republicans and democrats. Magadonians are NOT conservative. They're extremist isolationists like their Hitler loving "America Firsters" (literally called the same thing) before WW2. Learn from history. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Cyclist said:

What are you on about?

Primaries are entirely different than general elections.

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

It's less about her policies and more about the fact that she's a non white female for the GOP.

I don't think that flies when it is being reported that 70% of her vote in New Hampshire came from Independents.

Which, presumably the Independent voters would not care about.

Just now, The Cyclist said:

I don't think that flies when it is being reported that 70% of her vote in New Hampshire came from Independents.

I asked you before. Who reported. You are absolutely required by the rules to provide a link to any claim of fact in this forum.

Just now, Jingthing said:

What are you on about?

Primaries are entirely different than general elections.

Did I say otherwise ?

Did I not say

6 minutes ago, The Cyclist said:

Those being Iowa & NH.

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Watch the first impeachment. 

So, you don't know. That's what I thought. 

Oh, are you taking about the arms Trump sold to Ukraine that Obama had refused to sell them?

You know, Trump's insistence on NATO meeting their funding obligations has helped Ukraine quite a lot. 

But I'm sure the blankets Obama sent have really come in handy as well. 

Edited by stats
unsourced and unsubstantiated claims removed

11 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The Ukraine issue and abortion are vote killers for non MAGA republicans. The 2020 vote should have been a lesson in extremism but they doubled down in 2022 and lost heavily. They still believe that God will do the right thing this time round.

Yes, anyone that want fewer dead babies and dead Ukrainians has to be stopped!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It's only the left that's obsessed with race. The right doesn't care that much. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I asked you before

No you didn't, too busy frothing that you are confusing yourself.

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You are absolutely required by the rules to provide a link to any claim of fact in this forum.

Does this constitute stating something as a fact ?

10 minutes ago, The Cyclist said:

I don't think that flies when it is being reported that 70% of her vote

Quit, when you are miles behind.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, The Cyclist said:

Well, knowing that independents de facto decide who wins presidential elections, It's not meaningless....

Edited by candide

1 hour ago, connda said:

.....which she lost.

Honestly.  I'd call Haley a Progressive Liberal in Neo-Conservative War-Hawk clothing.  She's Hillery Clinton with a "republican" label as opposed to a "democrat" label. 

Well said ! She’s a spitting image of your description!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, riclag said:

Well said ! She’s a spitting image of your description!

Not a fan of Nikki, but I walk across glass to vote for her over Hillary. 

At least Bindon is incompetent, just think how much worse off we would be if he could put together a sentence on his own. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

So you don't care at all that you and the media have been lying about it all along. Typical. 

Me lying? Dude, I can not tell a lie.

What was the media lying about? as it pertains  t the conversation we are having.

And again with the typica, I have you know that there is nothing typical about me,. Except of course two arms, eyes, ears and legs one of everything else. 

So, if everyone doesn't love him, he's the devil?

Not at all, but my momma told me .  Regardless of what you think, if a hundred people walk up to you and say you look ill. you better go home and lay down.

I hope you are not calling my momma a liar! 

Not without meeting them I would not.

You do not take the advise of any experts without meeting them? You must have a lot of meetings:laugh:

Things can start out great and turn out not so great, is that not true? 

So you are saying that A, he was wrong , or lied when he said that he picks only the best people. and B, that he is easily fooled 

2 hours ago, The Cyclist said:

No you didn't, too busy frothing that you are confusing yourself.

Does this constitute stating something as a fact ?

Quit, when you are miles behind.

"is being reported that 70%" would be a claim to a fact to any casual reader of your comment.

In any case, that's a lot of non dem registered voters turning up to vote against Trump. Trump needs those same voters. They will vote for Biden. Trump's toast.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Exactly he may be a narcissistic liar in chief and of low moral scruples and not the leader that any country needs but in his "naivety" he sees that waging war as a way to solve problems is an utter waste of money and manpower. The elites of virtually every country regardless of their political makeup seem to think that war and willy-waving are part of the job description.

Trump says no to that dogma and, indeed look at Iraq and Afghanistan as a huge waste of wealth and manpower and for what? They have made the world a less safe place.  His base knows they want America, first, middle and last and let other countries fight their wars and pick up the bill and on that, I agree 100% with him.

Michael Moore called it right 7 years ago and he will be right again and there's not a damn thing you can do about it - he is a phenomenon of our age for better or for worse. This is how the world ends not with a bang but with a Joker.

https://youtu.be/TEHekdQSiXg?si=5o1UglLYwP4SmcKe

Trump surrendered to the Taliban. Just as he surrendered to Putin in Syria and betrayed the Kurds. Never shall Americans call the French surrender monkeys again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Cyclist said:

Never cross your mind that, people including Leaders have to do things in public that turns their stomach and goes against their every instinct ?

Sometimes a public show of appeasement is better than a public show of getting the big stick out, if it helps in de-escalating a given situation.

It happens in Politics the world over.

download (1).jpeg

d7d875e1f5674f009a8dff5096a44143 (1).jpg

GettyImages-1000209212-e1531765127745.jpg

1 minute ago, candide said:

I like Putin's smile after he suckered Trump into believing him! 😃

"I don't see why it would be". Some of the most treasonous words ever uttered in American history. And I say treasonous because the US was engaged in a proxy war with Russia at the time.

• Like 1

Just now, morrobay said:

Surrendered to the Taliban? Good Grief- let them have their 12th century country. Should have never been there in first place. So trillions and 20 years wasted is ok with you? Again the Schadenfreude when Trump wins is going to be worth a million bucks.  As well as not putting up with this endless mumbo jumbo 

I was a Corbyn-loving, anti-Brexit remoaner who hated Trump with a passion  - indeed if one could be bothered to see my posting history on here that's what I did. I've flipped in my dotage to a degree but I have always been a pacific hippie at heart so anything that makes war less likely and saves lives I'm for.  I think it was Tucker Carlson that turned me. He was the gateway pundit that got me to this imperfect place.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

He ended an endless pointless war. Let the rest of the world sort out their own problems - most Americans would be pushed to say who or what is a Kurd and furthermore, why should they care? Charity begins at home - Trump gets that in spades. One thing I like about the Thai military is they busy themselves at home doing their 'stuff' and let the rest of the world do what they will. Indeed in WW2 they rolled over in a day and saved the country from ruin.

If we really cared about people does anyone know much about or really care about the genocide in Congo - 6 million have died, maybe we should? US and Western concern follows the resources and strategic interests if these boxes aren't ticked then power says go hang.

The irony of Western ex-pats in Thailand cheering on Western wars to which they mostly no longer contribute tax-wise whilst moaning about being taxed in Thailand isn't lost on me.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/17/world/africa/democratic-republic-of-congo-elections.html

You You a shiny bright object with knowledge of the establishment .

Tip of my hat to You.

Who’s your VP choice, for Trumps New Republic ?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, riclag said:

You You a shiny bright object with knowledge of the establishment .

Tip of my hat to You.

Who’s your VP choice, for Trumps New Republic ?

I like Condi or Dana White

• Thanks 1