Yellow Light.

4 hours ago, UWEB said:

Have you checked the Oil Level? What type of new Oil was used for the Oil change?

I don't know, the oil was changed at one of the Honda agents in Nakhon Sawan.

3 hours ago, MartinL said:

The usual dashboard symbol for 'Low Oil Pressure' is a red oilcan, not a yellow light. A better description of your problem, rather than "wee yellow light" might get better answers.

Low oil levels usually don't initiate a fault light unless that low level also leads to low oil pressure.

A yellow light could be ABS, engine management, for example, not necessarily related to oil at all.

On the yellow light it says "oil change", but the oil has just been changed by Honda Agent.

38 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

the oil was changed at one of the Honda agents in Nakhon Sawan.

Then they are the ones you should contact so they can rectify the problem. Do check the oil level on the stick yourself before using the car!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, lom said:

Then they are the ones you should contact so they can rectify the problem. Do check the oil level on the stick yourself before using the car!!

You do know the Forza is a motorcycle!

I agree with @ericthai above, sounds like the next service oil change setting was not done correctly, take it back to be checked.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I don't know, the oil was changed at one of the Honda agents in Nakhon Sawan.

On the yellow light it says "oil change", but the oil has just been changed by Honda Agent.

No yellow light in this video but is there anything in it that might help you? Maybe search for a video specific to your Forza model?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, digbeth said:

the forza has service reminder light, maybe they forgot to reset that or don't know how or that it need to be reset when you had the oil changed

I took the bike to another Honda agent and they changed the oil despite being told that it was changed 4 weeks ago, I told them by translate on my phone as they cannot speak English.

That tells me that the previous agent did not change the oil at all.

4 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I took the bike to another Honda agent and they changed the oil despite being told that it was changed 4 weeks ago, I told them by translate on my phone as they cannot speak English.

That tells me that the previous agent did not change the oil at all.

How so.?

& did the light go out.

C'mon man;

you're kiling me.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, papa al said:

How so.?

& did the light go out.

C'mon man;

you're kiling me.

Yes, the light went out when the oil was changed again, I would have known more if any of the Honda guys could speak English.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

Yes, the light went out when the oil was changed again, I would have known more if any of the Honda guys could speak English.

So happy ending.

;-)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/23/2024 at 4:34 PM, NoshowJones said:

What more did you need to know.?

5 minutes ago, papa al said:

What more did you need to know.?

As the oil was changed only four weeks ago (by a different Honda garage) why did it need changed again? Well I can only assume that four weeks ago the oil was not changed at all.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/23/2024 at 4:30 PM, papa al said:

How so.?

& did the light go out.

C'mon man;

you're kiling me.

I have such a feeling someone got ripped off, as there was no need to change the oil again. The previous garage only had failed to reset the oil warning light.

You really don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that those warning lights work on the distance the vehicle travels, not on the oil quality in the engine

• Thanks 2

Well, it's hard to know if they changed the oil or not, I can't think of a sure way, if any of you guys know, do tell...! 

But on Forza the service light works with km, so need to be changed manually on the dash, hold right button, and turn the engine key to ON, the service light disappears. Changing oil alone doesn't do it... 

As the 2 things are separate, they are 4 possibilities, the worst scenario is if a mechanic doesn't change the oil, but reset the service light, now that is nasty...!!! 🥴

I buy my own Shell Advanced Jaso MB 100% synthetic oil, and watch them like a hawk they put it in properly, and not lose a drop, keep the rest for next time, needs 1.2 L (or 1.4 L with oil filter change), so 2 x 1 L bottles needed...! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BenStark said:

I have such a feeling someone got ripped off,

Who.?

What was the cost of oil change & re-set.?

This like a 350 Forzo.?

Edited by papa al

4 hours ago, papa al said:

Who.?

What was the cost of oil change & re-set.?

This like a 350 Forzo.?

The OP of course, because he paid for an oil change a few weeks ago, and they forgot to reset the warning light.

Then the next garage instead of just resetting the warning light, change oil once again

On 1/22/2024 at 7:14 PM, NoshowJones said:

The wee yellow light on my dash has come on, something to do with oil, on my Forza. The oil was changed 4 weeks ago, so what can it be?

The rule of thumb with yellow or orange lights is take it to a service centre or reliable mechanic to sort it out. No need to panic, I had a faulty EMS which went for some time before being replaced.

Sometimes, such lights can be corrected by simply disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, to reset the EMS.

It may be the oil, or something else, such as a low battery or faulty sensor.

OTOH, any red light not associated with things such as the seat-belt or handbrake is the time to stop driving immediately, to prevent further damage.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The rule of thumb with yellow or orange lights is take it to a service centre or reliable mechanic to sort it out. No need to panic, I had a faulty EMS which went for some time before being replaced.

Sometimes, such lights can be corrected by simply disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, to reset the EMS.

It may be the oil, or something else, such as a low battery or faulty sensor.

OTOH, any red light not associated with things such as the seat-belt or handbrake is the time to stop driving immediately, to prevent further damage.

I took the bike to another agent and they just changed the oil, so that tells me the first agent did not change the oil at all and still charged me. Anyway thanks for your input.

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

I took the bike to another agent and they just changed the oil, so that tells me the first agent did not change the oil at all and still charged me. Anyway thanks for your input.

Why are you repeating yourself.?

On 1/23/2024 at 4:34 PM, NoshowJones said:

I would have known more if any of the Honda guys could speak English.

Imagine how easy it would have been if you could speak Thai. 🤣

The guys get paid 300 baht a day and you want them to speak English. 

Try learning the language, it will make your days much better. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Totally unnessisary.

Translation apps are far more concise &

comprehensive

if used correctly.

Unlikely that 2nd shop was directed:

''Reset light. Do not change oil'

4 weeks on the oil.

What is that.?

400km.?  4000km.?    8000.?

How does that yellow-light -oil-change thing work.?

Dunno.

papa doesnt have the book.

The rip-off shop seems to has fixed it tho.

Basterds.

8 hours ago, papa al said:

Why are you repeating yourself.?

Because someone made a comment and may have missed what I had already said, anyway what does it matter to you?

9 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Did the first 'service center' put the detail of what they did in the service logbook? 

Honda also has their online system for each bikes, if the dealers used them, the 2nd place you went to could have checked that or you could have told them that you were already charged for oil change last time.... or did you even went to the same place?

if you showed up with no logbook and don't tell them anything and they see the change oil light on, of course they're gonna charge you for a full service unnecessarily 

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I would have years ago if it was not for these stupid tones. If it was not for that I would have been proficient in the language years ago.

2 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Did the first 'service center' put the detail of what they did in the service logbook? 

Honda also has their online system for each bikes, if the dealers used them, the 2nd place you went to could have checked that or you could have told them that you were already charged for oil change last time.... or did you even went to the same place?

if you showed up with no logbook and don't tell them anything and they see the change oil light on, of course they're gonna charge you for a full service unnecessarily 

The bike is 8 years old now and I lost the log book years ago, yes that was my fault, but I did try to get a new one from a couple of Honda agents including the agent I bought the bike from, but they said cannot do.