Kamala Harris Takes Center Stage as Advocate for Abortion Rights Ahead of 2024 Elections

Social Media

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The Democratic party is centrist not leftist. It has been in fact very inclusive for a very long time.

Good description of the Dem party of yesteryear.  Today's?  Not so much. 

Today, they even hate their own voters that don't toe the party narrative.  They proved that in New Hampshire.  Again.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The Democratic party is centrist not leftist. It has been in fact very inclusive for a very long time.

Most Democrats (and Republicans) are centrist. While both parties have moved left, the Democrat party leadership has moved much further left. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Most Democrats (and Republicans) are centrist. While both parties have moved left, the Democrat party leadership has moved much further left. 

Completely WRONG!

Both parties have moved right. 

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That's hilarious. 

If you live in maga world.

I didn't say they were equally right.

Democratic party moved right to a mostly centrist party.

Republicans went from old school conservatives like Romney to a hostlle maga takeover from a wannabe fascist dictator. 

Edited by Jingthing

On 1/29/2024 at 6:36 PM, sirineou said:

I realise you are not American and know very little about the US other than what Fox tells you, But do you even know what the role of the VP is?  

I don't watch Fox.

I wasn't commenting on her role as VP, but you know that. I was commenting on her ( non ) performance on her appointment to sort the southern border.

It's somewhat puzzling that her current appointment is in charge of killing foetus's ( unborn people ) while she did nothing to stop born people invading the US illegally.

That's not good for the 'abortion rights' movement, giving her dismal handling of the border that she never had control of.

And she's next in line, JIC, since VP, if Biden runs & gets elected :w00t: Almost feel sorry for Yanks ... Som naa na

UP THE REVOLUTION :cheesy:

• Agree 1

On 1/29/2024 at 2:08 AM, Hanaguma said:

Maybe they can make Kamala the "abortion czar". That would virtually guarantee a GOP victory in November, based on her past performance at her assigned tasks.  

Oh I do no haggie they have hammered out a bipartisan border plan but Donnie’s trying to kill it cause he can’t complain about the Biden/Harris team you know the ones that have the stellar stockmarket superbe unemployment #s good GDP in fact the best performing economy on our little planet so naaaa just not credible another words just a cheap dig at a woman

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Oh I do no haggie they have hammered out a bipartisan border plan but Donnie’s trying to kill it cause he can’t complain about the Biden/Harris team you know the ones that have the stellar stockmarket superbe unemployment #s good GDP in fact the best performing economy on our little planet so naaaa just not credible another words just a cheap dig at a woman

Those #s only benefit the few vested in.  The rest have to deal with the highest inflation that any recent administration has placed on the country with their failed policies.

COLA adjustment are a great gauge of that, and what most have to live with. image.png.0e2cf0b179293bbad7b9012a79ead7e4.png

Biden's inflation ... BS low as they all are, but a good gauge:image.png.8de5b0e38576b24ce6f3691765980b61.png

On 1/29/2024 at 4:04 AM, Jingthing said:

Through most of life I nearly always had at least one very good friend who was a Republican, including that my last partner of 10 years (RIP) was a pre-maga Republican (I imagine he'd sadly be a Republican without a party today), but now I not only have no close friends who are Republican but I even purposely distanced myself from some old friends, who were conservative Republicans but became radicalized orange, in the hopes that they'd come to their senses & that those relationships could be revived. I have other old friends (these are from my childhood) who tried maintaining those relationships and continuously tell me of their upsetting encounters. We had all enjoyed up to fifty year-long relationships (many of us were in kindergarten together) before those were destroyed by MAGA. To be clear, this is damage the Republicans did to the very fabric--neighbors getting along with neighbors--of this melting pot, of this great nation. They destroy human rights long established in law just as they destroy families of friends.

Kamala Harris fighting against the MAGA-packed SCOTUS decimation of the very precedent they lyingly testified to honor is by no means an example of a radical left agenda. Here are her politics:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Kamala_Harris

Harris was described by The New York Times as a pragmatic moderate, with policy positions that broadly mirror those of Biden. However, the non-partisan GovTrack rated Harris as the most liberal U.S. Senator, prompting debate over her position in center-left and left-wing politics. Despite this, left-wing activists have criticised Harris on numerous occasions for her past actions as a prosecutor, which have been called “right-wing”.

So absolutely liberal but basically, the far right thinks she's too far left and the far left thinks she's too far right. How surprising!

As to the polarization of politics in general, here is a Pew Poll from 2022 on political polarization showing that Congress overall has moved more conservative over the last recent years.

First though, here's Pew's take on my own vanishing (vanished, yikes!) political position which I view as the ballast of this ship, dangerous to sail without: "As Democrats have grown more liberal over time and Republicans much more conservative, the “middle” – where moderate-to-liberal Republicans could sometimes find common ground with (my) moderate-to-conservative Democrats on contentious issues – has vanished."

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2022/03/10/the-polarization-in-todays-congress-has-roots-that-go-back-decades/

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 1