Thai police officer kills boyfriend of his friend’s daughter in Bangkok

webfact

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He was approached by the angry victim threatening with a knife after hurling a bottle at him...do you understand that?

Seems it wasn't Ann's father that fired the shot, rather his colleague who was sitting in the vehicle.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Need to read full article. First three paragraphs make it sound like the cop summarily executed the daughter's boyfriend, but there was an altercation immediately before the shooting, allegedly initiated by the boyfriend.

still no reason to shoot him dead...

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

If Aseannow were to proof read every news article and not re-publish the ones with glaring flaws and numerous holes there would be very little to actually publish... 

Seems like this is perfect AN material, it will generate post after post with members going back & forth as if we're in the courtroom jury.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bbko said:

Seems like this is perfect AN material, it will generate post after post with members going back & forth as if we're in the courtroom jury.

Perhaps, isn't that what a discussion forum is for ??....    I rest my case... :whistling:

• Haha 1

But if today had been tomorrow, you'd be sitting in the car behind the Senior Sergeant Major and none of this would have happened. If!

I think this is a gay love triangle. Sarge was in love with the guy with the knife, and Ann was a transvestite caught in the middle (if you'll forgive the pun). Sarge, in a fit of jealous rage, wasted his lover, then err, sorry I seem to have lost the plot. Can anyone take over?

Edited by bradiston

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:
9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He was approached by the angry victim threatening with a knife after hurling a bottle at him...do you understand that?

Seems it wasn't Ann's father that fired the shot, rather his colleague who was sitting in the vehicle.

It was the police Sergeant Major who shot him.

8 hours ago, billd766 said:

That doesn't give the boyfriend the right throw bottles and and angrily approach him brandishing a knife.  If he was asked to intervene by the girl's father, it would have been his business.

And it certainly does NOT give the policeman the right to draw his gun and kill someone.

It DOES give him the right to self-defence if he considered that his life was in danger!

• Agree 1

Even though the victim threw a glass bottle at him and then came at him with a knife?

Yes, way out of his jurisdiction. He was in his car at the time and could of driven away from the confrontation any time he wanted to.

He was sitting in his car, with another person (so two against one) and could have driven away any time he wanted to. Do you understand that?

Plus, by driving to the other persons house, he instigated the confrontation.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, nahkit said:

Even though the victim threw a glass bottle at him and then came at him with a knife?

Yes, way out of his jurisdiction. He was in his car at the time and could of driven away from the confrontation any time he wanted to.

He could not have driven off, he was not the driver, he was the passenger in the other man's car.  Do you understand that?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:
5 minutes ago, nahkit said:

He could not have driven off, he was not the driver, he was the passenger in the other man's car.

... and also sat next to the car, as per the report (not that I expect any of this report is accurate at all anyway, other than someone was shot and died and a policeman was involved).

3 minutes ago, nahkit said:

Plus, by driving to the other persons house, he instigated the confrontation.

That depends what you believe of the story... 

Was he [The Policeman] there with his friend, who was the father of Ann ?...      

Was Ann being mistreated and needed help from her father and a Policeman ?... or nothing like that at all...

A lot of unknowns here...  too many to start claiming one or the other instigated the confrontation - its just a very poorly written report that has us arguing based on some thin assumptions from poor information from a poor translation of what was originally a very poorly written low on info article in Thai. 

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He could not have driven off, he was not the driver, he was the passenger in the other man's car.  Do you understand that?

So you agree that he was sitting in a car and not in any danger to his life?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, nahkit said:
21 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I do not agree, he had the right to defend himself if he felt that his life was in danger.

24 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
41 minutes ago, nahkit said:
47 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I do not agree, he had the right to defend himself if he felt that his life was in danger.

I agree with the right to defend himself... 

... But, he was sat inside a car and had a gun...   it does not seem that there was immediate danger to life or limb.

The reports could be missing something or course and that the boy had smashed in the windows of the car and was about to stab the policeman when the shot was fired in self defence... but the story doesn't quite read like that.

Was the Policeman a little trigger happy ?...   perhaps... Did the boy have it coming... perhaps...  just too many scenarios none of which are closed out because of the shoddy reporting.

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The driver of the car could have driven off and de-escalated...  Why didn't they ???? 

Didn't want to de-escalate, didn't feel they needed to because they had a gun ?

We're two men worried for the safety of the daughter and needed to press on ?

Was the driver of the car even the father of the girls (Ann) or someone else who just claimed to be the father ?

Was the Boy protecting the girl from her father or guy who said he as the father ?

etc etc.. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, bbko said:

From the link in the op the son threw a glass bottle and brandished a knife. It wasn't an unprovoked shooting.  Sounds to me like the food delivery driver living at his mom's house threw a temper tantrum and started violence.

The mother informed her son and Ann, who were on the second floor of the house, about the visitors, provoking her son’s anger. He hurled a glass bottle at the sedan from the second-floor window and exited the house brandishing a knife.

The policeman had no business to be there, it is not his daughter.

Nobody here knows what previously happened, him showing up there was for the son probably the drip that made the bucket overflow

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bradiston said:

But if today had been tomorrow, you'd be sitting in the car behind the Senior Sergeant Major and none of this would have happened. If!

I think this is a gay love triangle. Sarge was in love with the guy with the knife, and Ann was a transvestite caught in the middle (if you'll forgive the pun). Sarge, in a fit of jealous rage, wasted his lover, then err, sorry I seem to have lost the plot. Can anyone take over?

The driver lied about being Ann's father, so what was he doing there?  And what was Sergeant Pae doing there? Neither of these 2 people had any reason to be there at all unless the mother's story, that they disapproved of the relationship, holds true. In which case, what the heck did it have to do with them? Seems they weren't related to Ann in any way. So yes, gay man murders his lover out of jealousy. Life without parole. Next.

Edited by bradiston

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

How do you know none of them is the father of the Girl friend [Ann] - the article is extremely vague about this point.

I would love to know how old Ann is, one would assume she is under 20 if the father wanted her back home, as under 20 they are still class as a kid here, so I'm lead to believe.

An unfortunate ending for the lad, his life over at 25, we should all keep our anger under control, especially then the cops show up.

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I agree with the right to defend himself... 

... But, he was sat inside a car and had a gun...   it does not seem that there was immediate danger to life or limb.

The reports could be missing something or course and that the boy had smashed in the windows of the car and was about to stab the policeman when the shot was fired in self defence... but the story doesn't quite read like that.

Was the Policeman a little trigger happy ?...   perhaps... Did the boy have it coming... perhaps...  just too many scenarios none of which are closed out because of the shoddy reporting.

I wasn't basing my comments on the report here, I was basing them on what I saw in the video that they played over and over on the Thai news.

The occupants of the car could of driven off any time they wanted to.

22 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Access to guns?

Probably there are more than 10 mln guns circulating in Thailand, they're all owned by soldiers and cops? 

Nah...the reason should be another.