Provisional Decision Today: ICJ Weighs Emergency Measures Amid Allegations of Genocide in Gaza

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Air strikes against civilians constitute acts of genocide. You had no problem with another poster posting that food supplies had been left undelivered by the UN.

It's also impossible to find such threads anymore as they don't appear in either "content I have posted in" or "view new content"

Not difficult to put in correct topic

https://aseannow.com/forum/432-the-war-in-israel/

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I've no doubt that South Africa will respond asap

South Africa will respond yes, a quick consultation with their Hamas buddies first no doubt. If I was you I wouldn’t be holding out too much hope of any major news from the ICJ. Only a couple of weeks ago South Africa asked them to put in place more measures and the ICJ said there was no need. The ones in place already are clear and cover eventualities. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Thank you. I was unable to find that or any other topic on the war in Gaza in any of my listings.  All I get is "no more threads to display" or words to that effect.

However, that link does not lead me to the topic you claim it does. It appears to be a general search. I'm not going to want to use the search function to find a suitable thread when I consider this one to be on topic anyway.

You can take a horse to water eh

• Like 1

'Famine is Imminent': Dem Senator Demands Biden Intervene in Gaza

"Kids in Gaza are now dying from the deliberate withholding of food," Van Hollen said. "In addition to the horror of that news, one other thing is true. That is a war crime.

https://www.newsweek.com/famine-imminent-dem-senator-demands-biden-intervene-gaza-1869330

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

'Famine is Imminent': Dem Senator Demands Biden Intervene in Gaza

"Kids in Gaza are now dying from the deliberate withholding of food," Van Hollen said. "In addition to the horror of that news, one other thing is true. That is a war crime.

https://www.newsweek.com/famine-imminent-dem-senator-demands-biden-intervene-gaza-1869330

More off topic also from nearly 10 days ago. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

South Africa will respond yes, a quick consultation with their Hamas buddies first no doubt. If I was you I wouldn’t be holding out too much hope of any major news from the ICJ. Only a couple of weeks ago South Africa asked them to put in place more measures and the ICJ said there was no need. The ones in place already are clear and cover eventualities. 

Thanks for your input, but I'd rather wait for the response from South Africa and the ICJ, if and when Israel submits a report to the Court on all measures taken, the report was due yesterday.

8 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Thanks for your input, but I'd rather wait for the response from South Africa and the ICJ, if and when Israel submits a report to the Court on all measures taken, the report was due yesterday.

Certainly be interesting to read that’s for sure. I guess next week some time

• Haha 1

“Israel is a democracy with a strong legal system and an independent judicial system,” writes Barak, adding that where there is conflict between national security and human rights, the former must be attained without compromising the latter’s protection.

Barak provides an example: “Once, in the midst of a military operation in Gaza, the Supreme Court ordered the army to repair the water pipes that had been damaged by army tanks and to do so while the operation was still ongoing.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/the-gaza-strips-deepening-humanitarian-crisis/

The Palestinians are waiting for the world to come to their help while allowing Hamas to use

them as human shields, 

homeless, starvation, hopelessness and with dim future and it seems that the're will willing to

continue existing like this while letting Hamas used them as pawns and human shields, 

No way Israel will let a Palestinian state to exist on Israel's borders while Hamas is in charge,

so let the killings continue until the penny will drop that Israel will not relent,

not while terrorists are posing a threat to Israel...

Edited by ezzra

UN rights chief deplores ‘entrenched impunity’ by all parties in Israel, OPT

In a new report, the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) noted a broad range of concerns, including unlawful killings, hostage-taking, destruction of civilian property, collective punishment, forced displacement, incitement to hatred and violence, sexual assault, and torture.

These acts are all prohibited by international human rights and humanitarian laws.

There must be accountability on all sides for violations seen over 56 years of occupation and the 16 years of blockade of Gaza, and up to today,” said Volker Türk, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2024/02/1146892

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Disgusting advocacy of genocide.

One nation's 'genocide' is another's  survival in a sea of enemies and terrorists who are doing all they can

to destroy Israel, point out to me another nation or country on earth that is publicly announced their wishes

and plans to eradicate another country like Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran and many others are doing to Israel...

7 minutes ago, ezzra said:

One nation's 'genocide' is another's  survival in a sea of enemies and terrorists who are doing all they can

to destroy Israel, point out to me another nation or country on earth that is publicly announced their wishes

and plans to eradicate another country like Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran and many others are doing to Israel...

Israel

The language being used to describe Palestinians is genocidal

When Israel’s defence minister, Yoav Gallant, ordered a “complete siege” of the Gaza Strip with “no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed”, he said: “We are fighting human animals and we are acting accordingly.”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/oct/16/the-language-being-used-to-describe-palestinians-is-genocidal

Edited by ozimoron

13 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

UN rights chief deplores ‘entrenched impunity’ by all parties in Israel, OPT

In a new report, the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) noted a broad range of concerns, including unlawful killings, hostage-taking, destruction of civilian property, collective punishment, forced displacement, incitement to hatred and violence, sexual assault, and torture.

These acts are all prohibited by international human rights and humanitarian laws.

There must be accountability on all sides for violations seen over 56 years of occupation and the 16 years of blockade of Gaza, and up to today,” said Volker Türk, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2024/02/1146892

My very first response to you was a prediction you’d take this off topic again and there you have it. An important thread on ICJ back to a free for all. 

I’m out

SA trying its best to get a full ceasefire provisional measure ruling and failing again.

16/02/2024

Top UN court rejects S.Africa request for more Gaza measures

The UN's top court Friday rejected South Africa's request to put more legal pressure on Israel to halt a threatened offensive against the Gaza city of Rafah, saying it was "bound to comply with existing measures".

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20240216-top-un-court-rejects-s-africa-request-for-more-gaza-measures

1 hour ago, coolcarer said:

More off topic also from nearly 10 days ago. 

Ozimoron's post is certainly on topic as addressing some fundamental issues (children staving) for the Gazan population which logically will have increasing as the Israeli position does not appear to have altered. URL posted again for your comprehension...

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Ozimoron's post is certainly on topic as addressing some fundamental issues (children staving) for the Gazan population which logically will have increasing as the Israeli position does not appear to have altered. URL posted again for your comprehension...

Why are you posting the exact same link and making an assumption I never comprehended it last time? I did and it’s still off topic.  

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Why are you posting the exact same link and making an assumption I never comprehended it last time? I did and it’s still off topic.  

You failed to ascertain context for the OP

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, coolcarer said:

Would you like to discuss the topic of ICJ rulings so far issued? Why has Hamas not complied with the ICJ order?

It's unfortunate but not surprising that Hamas has not released the hostages but you are just trying to deflect from the continuing war crimes.

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It's unfortunate but not surprising that Hamas has not released the hostages but you are just trying to deflect from the continuing war crimes.

The very definition of a Hamas apologist. Deflect  from the fact that they have ignored the order and continuing their war crimes with evidence for the world to see. 

• Thanks 1

The very definition of a Hamas apologist. Deflect  from the fact that they have ignored the order and continuing their war crimes with evidence for the world to see. 

Has Israel ignored the order? I agreed that Hamas has ignored the order. Has Israel committed any war crimes this week?

• Confused 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Has Israel ignored the order? I agreed that Hamas has ignored the order. Has Israel committed any war crimes this week?

You have to wait for the reports and have them reviewed and ICJ comments to see. With Hamas we already know.

You have to wait for the reports and have them reviewed and ICJ comments to see. With Hamas we already know.

I knew you wouldn't touch that question. Hamas said that releasing hostages was contingent on Israel releasing prisoners as well.

Edited by ozimoron

Has Israel ignored the order?

No

I agreed that Hamas has ignored the order.

Did you?

Has Israel committed any war crimes this week?

No. Has Hamas?

• Thumbs Up 1