Provisional Decision Today: ICJ Weighs Emergency Measures Amid Allegations of Genocide in Gaza

10 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

How do you select which posts to read or not to read, if you followed the the story of the thread you might not have to keep asking questions of posts that have already been answered! Try and keep up.

Good question. I do find it difficult to follow all these posts. When I log on, which sometimes is many hours after I've logged off, I try to find the last post I've read and then start reading them in order. If, however, I  post a reply to them, my window jumps to the end of the Issue, and then I have to go back again and look for where I was. If you have a suggestion of how I could do this better, I'd appreciate it. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

More of your alternative reality, facts can be backed up with evidence and links, your fantasies cannot

If I want to bring up "facts," I do usually post a link. If, however, I'm just expressing my opinion based on what I've read online, heard on CNN, or read here in the posts of others, I just express my opinion on that.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, mooping20Baht said:

yes, last few days, they are making plans to put new "settlements" in Gaza. Back in Gaza.

Israel has just decided to be lawless, digging their right to apartheid deeper . US National Teachers Union, officially wants a ceasefire, some Student Councils have approved "divestment" at University. It will only grow,  Israel would have called Mandela a "anti semitic terrorist" till the bitter end.

Yes, I agree whole-, but brokenheartedly... 🥹

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

Wouldn't the act of "burning your house down" most aptly apply to the IDF's indiscriminate bombings in Gaza? What, then, should the IDF be called? 

No, it would not. The closing 'question' is, again, loaded.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

And you don't consider the indiscriminate IDF bombings and killings in Gaza "terror"?

I consider your 'question' a loaded one.

Does "loaded" mean you can't or don't want to answer it? 

• Sad 1

That, of course, is what "IMO" means. These are war crimes "in my (and many others') opinion." You may not agree, and that's your prerogative, just as labeling them "war crimes" or "acts of terror" is mine. 

You can label things as your like, and I will keep pointing out your 'opinions' are nonsensical and/or have no basis or bearing when it comes to reality.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

No, it would not. The closing 'question' is, again, loaded.

Just now, WDSmart said:
3 minutes ago, Morch said:

And you don't consider the indiscriminate IDF bombings and killings in Gaza "terror"?

I consider your 'question' a loaded one.

Yes, it's "loaded." It's "loaded" with the expectation of an answer that you either can't or don't want to give.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

You can label things as your like, and I will keep pointing out your 'opinions' are nonsensical and/or have no basis or bearing when it comes to reality.

I don't mind you labeling parts of my posts as "opinions," but I can assure you they are sensical and do have a basis and bearing when it comes to reality. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

If I want to bring up "facts," I do usually post a link. If, however, I'm just expressing my opinion based on what I've read online, heard on CNN, or read here in the posts of others, I just express my opinion on that.

If I want to bring up "facts," I do usually post a link.

Noted. I'll wait for some proof on that when you claim any facts in future posts

• Thanks 2

I've gone so far as to define, in detail, the terms I use, how I use them, and why. We obviously didn't have an "agreed upon common ground, so I have clearly defined the terms I use that you object to. 

Your main problem is, IMO, that you are extremely arrogant. You think EVERYONE must think the same way you do, accept the same facts, and then draw the same conclusions. If that were the case, there would never be any need for a discussion. It would always just be, yes, yes, yes. That's not how discussion, especially on volatile subjects such as this one, works. They are an exchange of differing ideas, opinions, and, yes, references to "facts" (which I define as just other people's opinions - even if those other people are on the ICJ.) 

There is no need to accept or accommodate your personal, idiosyncratic bogus usage of definitions, labels and terms. Same goes for your carefree mangling of facts, or the inability to bridge the gap between your 'definitions' and reality.

Discussion require some level of common ground. Most people on here are able to use definitions and terms as they are commonly used, as they are widely acknowledged. You insist on doing otherwise, and whine when this is rejected.

I do not require that everyone think like me, that is a lie. I require that some basic ground rules, some basic facts will be agreed on. You, obviously, think this is not necessary.

Your rejection of the existence of facts is not very interesting, nor constructive.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mooping20Baht said:

yes, last few days, they are making plans to put new "settlements" in Gaza. Back in Gaza.

Israel has just decided to be lawless, digging their right to apartheid deeper . US National Teachers Union, officially wants a ceasefire, some Student Councils have approved "divestment" at University. It will only grow,  Israel would have called Mandela a "anti semitic terrorist" till the bitter end.

US National Teachers Union, officially wants a ceasefire :cheesy:

Believe it or not, everyone wants a ceasefire. There are certain obstacles in the way though that you have overlooked.

• Like 1

Yes, many things I post are my opinion. That's what discussions are SUPPOSED to be about.

These Forums are discussion groups, aren't they?

Discussions are not just about opinions. But about facts as well. I get it that you deny the existence of such. Even opinions need to be grounded in something - yours are not. When called upon to explain what your 'opinions' actually refer to, or what they are based upon - you waffle.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I see both your "facts" and my "fantasies" as just our opinions. 

Unhinged. Or Trolling.

Whatever.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Discussions are not just about opinions. But about facts as well. I get it that you deny the existence of such. Even opinions need to be grounded in something - yours are not. When called upon to explain what your 'opinions' actually refer to, or what they are based upon - you waffle.

I disagree. I ask you that the next time you read an opinion of mine that you think is not reasonable, let me know and I'll explain how I came to that opinion. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

No, it means your 'question' is loaded. Dishonest. Misleading. You know....the usual fare.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, it's "loaded." It's "loaded" with the expectation of an answer that you either can't or don't want to give.

There is no requirement to address or answer loaded 'questions'.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I don't mind you labeling parts of my posts as "opinions," but I can assure you they are sensical and do have a basis and bearing when it comes to reality. 

If you could only demonstrate this. Alas, you keep failing to.

• Sad 1

How about if we all try to ponder the following situation: assuming Israel has relented and given

the Palestinas their own land to live and govern, do you think for one moment that the Palestinians

and the world's Arabs/Muslims, Iran, Turkey and all the haters and anti semitism of this world,

(members of this forum included) will somehow become to love israel now and let bygone be bygone?

will hamas put down their weapons and go sell pita bread in the markets now? Of Course NOT,

all the haters, and terror groups, Iran, S.Africa and the rest of bigots, antagonistic Israel/Jews

Anti Semites haters will continue as before, Nothing will change...

Edited by ezzra
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I disagree. I ask you that the next time you read an opinion of mine that you think is not reasonable, let me know and I'll explain how I came to that opinion. 

I don't care whether you disagree, pretend to, or trolling.

I have commented many times on your 'opinions' bring nonsense, or unfounded and so on. You have routinely failed to address, rationally explain etc. In fact, you have even tried the same bit as above, then just dismissed the whole thing an ignored it. There's no reason to think you'd act otherwise in the future.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

I have commented many times on your 'opinions' bring nonsense, or unfounded and so on. You have routinely failed to address, rationally explain etc. In fact, you have even tried the same bit as above, then just dismissed the whole thing an ignored it. There's no reason to think you'd act otherwise in the future.

Not sure why you and others that have been trying to defend Israel campaign even bothering with those who, what ever you

say or prove, will not relent or change their minds, so save your breath guys, you have said all there is to say already 

and it fell on deaf minds and ears...

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, ezzra said:

How about if we all try to ponder the following situation: assuming Israel has relented and given

the Palestinas their own land to live and govern, do you think for one moment that the Palestinians

and the world's Arabs/Muslims, Iran, Turkey and all the haters and anti semitism of this world,

(members of this forum included) will somehow become to love israel now and let bygone be bygone?

will hamas put down their weapons and go sell pita bread in the markets now? Of Course NOT,

all the haters, and terror groups, Iran, S.Africa and the rest of bigots, antagonistic Israel/Jews

Sadly, I agree...

17 minutes ago, Morch said:

I've explained my postion many times, and usually, you just dismiss it as nonsense, unfounded, trolling, etc. In fact, I'm doing that again right now.

So, the NEXT TIME (after this series of posts), I post something you think is "nonsense," let me know, and I'll address it..

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Not sure why you and others that have been trying to defend Israel campaign even bothering with those who, what ever you

say or prove, will not relent or change their minds, so save your breath guys, you have said all there is to say already 

and it fell on deaf minds and ears...

I agree with you say above, but I would change "deaf minds and ears" to "those who see this entire situation from a different perspective." Hopefully, my perspective is more balanced and not as one-sided as yours.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Define exactly what you mean by "Palestinians own land" Exactly what land? No Israeli war crimes apologist wants to touch this question with a barge pole. Why is that?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Sadly, I agree...

Unfortunately this is how it was over many centuries when Egypt's  pharaoh enslaving Jews/Israelites to build their pyramid

and this is how it will be for centuries to come, the world has made Jews and Israel their escapegoat..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Okay, but I'll ignore the period and ask you WHY are they fighting to kill Israelis?

If the "why" question had already been answered, what is the purpose of the "period" at the end of your statement, because your statement did not include the "why" the Palestinians were fighting.

You will never get an answer which includes the word "land" with an explanation of what that land may include and exclude.

• Sad 2

Just now, ezzra said:

Unfortunately this is how it was over many centuries when Egypt's  pharaoh enslaving Jews/Israelites to build their pyramid

and this is how it will be for centuries to come, the world has made Jews and Israel their escapegoat..

Paranoia. Everyone just wants their own land. This would be all over if veryone lived within internationally recognised borders.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Define exactly what you mean by "Palestinians own land" Exactly what land? No Israeli war crimes apologist wants to touch this question with a barge pole. Why is that?

Does it really matter? Arabs/Palestinians still yearning and longings to their places of old homes, and even if you give

them the whole of israel they will still will want more and continue to hate Israel, this is a LOSE/LOSE situation whereby

whatever israel will do it will not be enough...

• Agree 1