Northern Thailand Sees Major Decrease in Forest Fires

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

It must be  "mist" , that is blocking my view to the hills in the morning ....then

regards worgeordie

Yep,  when I was living in CM about 5 years ago the burning season wasn't the nicest. 

Yet they say it's down 79 percent over recent times... maybe due to 79 percent less forest to burn?  

Damn I love it when they try and manipulate stats without giving the whole picture. 

Still.... I think CM is a good place to be. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, McTavish said:

The extended 'winter' cool period is a natural fire suppressant.  Wait for the hot season to kick in with lightning strikes and squalls.

We are still in January...... when would it be 'extended'?

12 hours ago, McTavish said:

The extended 'winter' cool period is a natural fire suppressant.  Wait for the hot season to kick in with lightning strikes and squalls.

And locals.

Forest fires are not the same as intentional hotspots…

the % of smoke generated by a true forest fire (accidentally man made or by nature) is a fraction compared to intentional burns….

please get the language correct and don’t mislead the public

On 1/29/2024 at 5:20 PM, snoop1130 said:

resulted in a 79% decrease in forest fires

who does believe that? the air quality is bad as always at this time of the year (no decrease at all) ... and it will worsening in the next few weeks as it always did the last few years ...

On the Nan Phayao north loop trip (HWY 1148) a couple days back. Big swaths of recently burned new growth scrub forest. Poor region so what you going to do? Stop the Ban Nok people from getting some mushroom money when the rains come.