advise needed. visarun. got rejected on airport

26 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

That's the standard, throw-down reason to deny entry issued many, many times by many IO's at various airports already.

In some instances, the IO's haven't even asked to see proof of 20,000 baht (equivalent) before sending people back. I recall a few "help! stuck at airport" threads here where the IO's ignored the cash being shown to them: some will actually look away so they can claim they never saw it. If they suspect dodginess of any sort, it's the easiest way of sending people back quickly, as it probably requires minimal paperwork?

hmm..

so would it be a "problem" on the next entry? or do i just need more funds to show? thx..

4 minutes ago, popel said:

hmm..

so would it be a "problem" on the next entry? or do i just need more funds to show? thx..

Having your history - and now that denial of entry on your record - you really need to make sure that you satisfy the official entry requirements when you re-attempt to enter Thailand.

At a friendly point of entry, that should be sufficient in case you do get questioned.

One of those requirements is cash. Not bank apps, not gold rings, but cash. You've actually posted a paper with those requirements yourself, so you know the exact amount you need to be able to show. You also know about the other requirements - a confirmed address (e.g. a hotel booking confirmation) and a ticket out within 30 days.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

You have painted yourself in very poor spot.

You could have done a simple land border bounce from Pattaya to Cambodia 

About 3.5k minivan. 

They could have bounced him at the land border crossing also??

3 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

They could have bounced him at the land border crossing also??

Very unlikely if you join an organized border bounce to a friendly border.

It's worth noting that some airport IOs strongly dislike those same-day land border bounces, however. So on subsequent entries by air, having those stamps in your passport might well make your situation worse.

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 2

so.. i just thinking.. 

it will be chiang mai per air..

not want to take the same airline,so it would be from here.

would be waiting a week and get sended in some cash..

on eventuelly interview i would tell that they not wanted let me in because not enough cash and to short re-entry.

and letting out anything pattaya and GF.

plus: if they not let me in, i could go to europe from there.. 

other option would be saigon to penang and then land crossing.. 

not wishing that kind of problem for anyone.. 

On 2/3/2024 at 12:18 AM, Tod Daniels said:

Just so everyone is clear DMK and BKK airports deny HUNDREDS of people every week and send 'em back out to where they flew in from.

Thanks for stating that so clearly Tod.

So many times I've seen people on here saying 'I've been entering visa exempt for years and never had a problem, you must have done something wrong".

It happens, they don't like people doing visa runs when they're on exempts, they suspect they are working illegally.  The fact that lots of people get away with it is of no help at all to someone who's been refused.

OP: Make sure you have 20,000 in cash with you when you enter next time - take away one of the spurious reasons they use for refusal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, popel said:

so.. i just thinking.. 

it will be chiang mai per air..

not want to take the same airline,so it would be from here.

would be waiting a week and get sended in some cash..

on eventuelly interview i would tell that they not wanted let me in because not enough cash and to short re-entry.

and letting out anything pattaya and GF.

other option would be saigon to penang and then land crossing.. 

not wishing that kind of problem for anyone.. 

You're over 50, get a non-O. Simples.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its not a good idea to lie to people 

i came to often a year before they say.

not much more.. 

got a better idea??

45 minutes ago, popel said:

You are unfamiliar with refused entry  visa exempt via air.

You need to fly with airline that you flew to Thailand with.

Also generally you are flown back to where you departed.

If flying back to pp country that would be paid for on the spot and very expensive (to Europe) 

Having stated the above, thinking you would have a reasonable chance at CNX

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes.

Obtain a non O next visit. 

yes.. i try when back home.

now i do not have anything with me and need to go in to get my stuff out..

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

You are unfamiliar with refused entry  visa exempt via air.

You need to fly with airline that you flew to Thailand with.

Also generally you are flown back to where you departed.

If flying back to pp country that would be paid for on the spot and very expensive (to Europe) 

me bought that ticket back to vietnam. they wanted pay me a bed in airport (1000baht). after my booking they cancelled that. 

so.. a land crossing would be better??

On 2/3/2024 at 6:16 AM, popel said:

(...) have seen about 20 people last evening/night that got send back..

Seems the TAT got all the tourists they wanted... No, seriously, seems they are getting stricter and stricter with tourists that 'like Thailand too much'.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2024 at 7:00 AM, popel said:

now waiting with airline staff for boarding. still don't know if they let me in again (vietnam). my country gets 15 day free every 30 or 60 days (?) still not got passport back..

Better to google the latest requirements...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

8 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Used to be (pre-Covid), that Vietnam's 15 days free-entry required 30 days (or so) in between. Better to google the latest requirements...

That requirement was removed.

Thinking August last year. 

In any event the OP is currently in Da Nang with new 45 day stamp. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

An Education visa is not possible at all if you need to travel, and is not a long term option these days, unless you want to study at university. 

Lemsta69 got the idea that you're over 50... Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but at that age no ED Visa possible anymore.

7 hours ago, popel said:

hmm..

The official requirement is 10,000 baht for VOA, and 20,000 baht when entering with a SETV. Doesn't need to be more. However, having the cash is not a guarantee not to be refused.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Lemsta69 got the idea that you're over 50... Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but at that age no ED Visa possible anymore.

ED visa does not have age restriction.

However if over 50yr non O based on retirement would be better option. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

ED visa does not have age restriction.

However if over 50yr non O based on retirement would be better option. 

So, I guess: "If your over 50 years of age you can't get a ED visa to study Thai, Thai immigration changed the rules in Nov/2022. Before that there was no age limit. I applied for an ED visa in October/2022 was approved by the Ministry of Ed, when I went to immigration with the school to start the visa process I was not approved." (Google result from YouTube comment) is false information.

13 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

So, I guess: "If your over 50 years of age you can't get a ED visa to study Thai, Thai immigration changed the rules in Nov/2022. Before that there was no age limit. I applied for an ED visa in October/2022 was approved by the Ministry of Ed, when I went to immigration with the school to start the visa process I was not approved." (Google result from YouTube comment) is false information.

Just a local rule in Jomtien, they have quite a few of those.

Why anyone aged 50+ would WANT to get an education visa, on the other hand, is anyone's guess. Going the retirement route is so much easier and better. 

3 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I not get idea, him say he over 50 laow 😉

https://aseannow.com/topic/1318825-advise-needed-visarun-got-rejected-on-airport/?do=findComment&comment=18668261

Struggling to want to help this guy, he's been a BM since 2010 but has clearly not invested any time keeping up with changes even though he seemingly decided long ago to 'push the envelope' viz back-to-back stays on tourist entries.

It only takes a few minutes a day to scan this forum for the latest news, now fool the OP for ignoring the basic purpose of this site.

/rant

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

It only takes a few minutes a day to scan this forum for the latest news, now fool the OP for ignoring the basic purpose of this site.

Well, to be fair to the OP, I think, most border denials do not make it as reports into this forum. Also, it is not really clear what the agenda, or orders are that IOs at certain borders (e.g. both Bangkok airports, Phuket Airport, etc.) follow, particularly in recent times, denying travellers, because 'they have too many visa extensions, Covid extensions', etc., etc.

The TAT and tourism industry, as well as inland immigration offices seem to have no problem with tourists staying for extended times (or why would they extend any VFE or tourist visa), or travelling often to Thailand. Most countries have clear rules on how often and how long someone can travel there in a calendar year. Not so Thailand, where everything in regards to immigration matters seems to be 'in a grey area' on purpose. One could almost think that there is not one, but two Immigration divisions, or that things are done as if there were two different bureaucracies in one country...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I not get idea, him say he over 50 laow 😉

https://aseannow.com/topic/1318825-advise-needed-visarun-got-rejected-on-airport/?do=findComment&comment=18668261

Struggling to want to help this guy, he's been a BM since 2010 but has clearly not invested any time keeping up with changes even though he seemingly decided long ago to 'push the envelope' viz back-to-back stays on tourist entries.

/rant

normally I've been staying 2-4 month a year.. 

only last winter it was about 8

(there was that 45day rule)

but thanks for the 'rant' anyway 😉

it was/is a lesson definitely

8 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Well, to be fair to the OP, I think, most border denials do not make it as reports onto this forum. Also, it is not really clear what the agenda, or orders are that IOs at certain borders (e.g. both Bangkok airports, Phuket Airport, etc.) follow, particularly in recent times. The TAT and tourism industry, as well as inland immigration offices seem to have no problem with tourists staying for extended times, or travelling often to Thailand. Most countries have clear rules on how often and how long someone can travel there in a calendar year. Not so Thailand, where everything in regards to immigration matters seems to be 'in a grey are' on purpose...

best example would be the russians..

last year they got unlimited! 30 day land-crossings.. now it's 3 month.