Biden Warns of a 'Nightmare' Future with Trump, Lists Reasons for Concern

Social Media

17 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You think my scenario is fanciful?  He's already been indicted for illegally keeping top secret documents at Mar-a-Largo, and showing them off to visitors.

What do you think Trump would do with blanket immunity?

I think it's laughable that anyone would actually tolerate a president with unlimited power ( a dictator ), regardless of what the supreme court says. The constitution separated power into 3 different branches of government specifically to prevent the rise of "kings", which was apparently a major fear of the founding fathers, that an American would one day have the power of a king. I don't know that there were dictator's back then, but plenty of king's with absolute power, and they were not having a bar of it in America.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Masterton said:

Not sure he made up the tag MSM, but he was certainly the first 'mainstream' person to use the term 'fake news', which is basically a simplified way of stating that the media create pseudo events and then use them as an excuse to slander people. I completely disagree that Trump drew first blood, in fact Trump was the first person to stand up to the dishonest media and fight back. The media mercilessly attacked Trump from the moment he declared he was running for President, mainly because he committed the cardinal sin of running as a Republican. If Trump ran as a Democrat, he would be their darling.

The media has known about the grifter Trump for a long time. He wasn't attacked. They just reported the facts. Unlike the right leaning leaning sites that gave him a pass.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, FroeyD said:

Being smart has nothing to do with having college degree or not, many men without college degrees are very successful.

Bill Gates

Mark Zuckerberg 

Richard Branson

Henry Ford

Larry Ellison

and many many more

Agreed. But that's not the case for most Trump supporters. Just look at the pictures. Not the sharpest knives in the drawer. A fact that is proven by all the fake news they fall for.

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

I'm curious, were you in the US in 2016?  Did you notice that the 24 hour cable news networks gave him ridiculous amounts of air time for free?

Trump is an obvious sign that 24 hour "news" has become infotainment at a terrible cost.  Yes, I know, infotainment for both sides.  Trump didn't just benefit from that, it's what made his campaign. 

As to whether I would believe Trump or MSM; I would definitely believe MSM news stories.  Opinion pieces I would consider more skeptically.

Even faux news admits Tucker Carlson is just entertainment. Not reporting facts.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

"Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FroeyD said:

So They don’t have a degree do they??

but ok If you want 🙄🙄……though like I said there are many many others who  didn’t study at Harvard or any other prestigious universities and some of which are even high school drop outs.

I quit high school in the 10th grade as I couldn't stand it. Fortunately I got my GED later, and was able to skip the last 2 years of high school. Then went to college but only for 2 years. I don't really see the need for university unless it's a very specialized application like medical technician, engineering, medicine, or an MBA from a good school.

Many people make it in this life without the need for university. I've been a successful businessman my whole life without it, and never really put much stock in a university education. 

• Love It 1

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I quit high school in the 10th grade as I couldn't stand it. Fortunately I got my GED later, and was able to skip the last 2 years of high school. Then went to college but only for 2 years. I don't really see the need for university unless it's a very specialized application like medical technician, engineering, medicine, or an MBA from a good school.

Many people make it in this life without the need for university. I've been a successful businessman my whole life without it, and never really put much stock in a university education. 

A university education isn't just about learning a specific trade. It's an amazing experience. The people you meet become life long friends. And for many jobs, it's a ticket you need.

One of the best times of my life was college. Went from a musician bum to an adult in a very short time.

I have many friends who never went to college and did fantastic. I have many who are also barely scrapping by.

Edited by Roo Island

11 hours ago, Masterton said:

Not sure he made up the tag MSM, but he was certainly the first 'mainstream' person to use the term 'fake news', which is basically a simplified way of stating that the media create pseudo events and then use them as an excuse to slander people. I completely disagree that Trump drew first blood, in fact Trump was the first person to stand up to the dishonest media and fight back. The media mercilessly attacked Trump from the moment he declared he was running for President, mainly because he committed the cardinal sin of running as a Republican. If Trump ran as a Democrat, he would be their darling.

That's not even true.

The 'fake news' label was originally used to describe Trump, and pro-Trump propaganda.

Trump & Co. simply started using it in response, regardless of what was said/presented.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Roo Island said:

Agreed. But that's not the case for most Trump supporters. Just look at the pictures. Not the sharpest knives in the drawer. A fact that is proven by all the fake news they fall for.

Try looking at yourself in the mirror. Be careful. You might cut yourself.

2 hours ago, Roo Island said:

A university education isn't just about learning a specific trade. It's an amazing experience. The people you meet become life long friends. And for many jobs, it's a ticket you need.

One of the best times of my life was college. Went from a musician bum to an adult in a very short time.

I have many friends who never went to college and did fantastic. I have many who are also barely scrapping by.

Correct. And I know many college grads who are barely scraping by too. It is what you do with it, that makes the person. It also has alot to do with what major one chooses. Some are essentially useless in the real world.

• Love It 1

10 hours ago, candide said:

Statistically, most smart people have a degree. Of course, it doesn't mean only people with a degree are smart. But statistically, it works.

It should also be noted that the current situation is different as more people are educated.

Someone who would have been a self made man in the 60s would likely be a graduate nowadays.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/184260/educational-attainment-in-the-us/

Screenshot_20240209_215838_Samsung Internet.jpg

I would say that is simply because we are lucky enough in western societies that most people get schooling and go through the educational system because we are taught that it is the right path to succeed so if more go to school more have a chance of going all the way (degrees, diplomas, etc) seems to be mathematical.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, FroeyD said:

I would say that is simply because we are lucky enough in western societies that most people get schooling and go through the educational system because we are taught that it is the right path to succeed so if more go to school more have a chance of going all the way (degrees, diplomas, etc) seems to be mathematical.

I don't disagree with that. My point is that, in the past, there were plenty of capable people who did not have access to education for different reasons, often financial. Because of their talent and hard work, they were able to succeed despite their lack of education.

Nowadays the equivalent people nearly all have access to education if they have enough intellectual capabilities (and even sometimes if they don't). So there aren't much capable self-made men left.

The context has also changed as business has become more technological and sophisticated, in particular in the fast growing markets.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, heybruce said:

I'm curious, were you in the US in 2016?  Did you notice that the 24 hour cable news networks gave him ridiculous amounts of air time for free?

Trump is an obvious sign that 24 hour "news" has become infotainment at a terrible cost.  Yes, I know, infotainment for both sides.  Trump didn't just benefit from that, it's what made his campaign. 

As to whether I would believe Trump or MSM; I would definitely believe MSM news stories.  Opinion pieces I would consider more skeptically.

The reason why the cable news networks gave him "ridiculous amounts of airtime for free" (did they charge the Clinton campaign for airtime?), was two fold. Firstly, he was good for ratings and they cashed in on his popularity/unpopularity. Secondly, being that they were mostly all in the tank for Clinton/Democrats, they believed he would not win. How wrong they were. If Trump ran as a Democrat, they MSM would not have attacked him the way they did, promoting pseudo events and hoaxes in order to try and discredit his policies and popularity and/or lying and covering up for his opponent. The MSM has a history of attacking Republicans, it is not something unique to Trump. But Trump was the first one to fight back and call them out on it. The fact that you "would definitely believe MSM stories" is self evident, but we're all still waiting for evidence that Trump colluded with the Russians... 🙄

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Masterton said:

The reason why the cable news networks gave him "ridiculous amounts of airtime for free" (did they charge the Clinton campaign for airtime?), was two fold. Firstly, he was good for ratings and they cashed in on his popularity/unpopularity. Secondly, being that they were mostly all in the tank for Clinton/Democrats, they believed he would not win. How wrong they were. If Trump ran as a Democrat, they MSM would not have attacked him the way they did, promoting pseudo events and hoaxes in order to try and discredit his policies and popularity and/or lying and covering up for his opponent. The MSM has a history of attacking Republicans, it is not something unique to Trump. But Trump was the first one to fight back and call them out on it. The fact that you "would definitely believe MSM stories" is self evident, but we're all still waiting for evidence that Trump colluded with the Russians... 🙄

Sure, some media outlets are biased left. Some right. Some do a fantastic job of reporting the news. The NY Times is a great example. Not all MSM sites are dodgy.

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, Masterton said:

You're all in on MSM conspiracy theories, aren't you?

Long ago I concluded that the 24 hour news channel were more interested in ratings and infotainment than reporting the news.  That's why I read the news from credible sources.  That's how I know that most of the "pseudo event and hoaxes", whatever they might be, have a basis in fact.

Once again, the investigation was into Russian interference in the 2016 election, which was proven, and possible links between Russia and members of the Trump campaign, which was found.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Correct. And I know many college grads who are barely scraping by too. It is what you do with it, that makes the person. It also has alot to do with what major one chooses. Some are essentially useless in the real world.

Although I did get an MBA, my most valuable business experience came from making my living playing in a bar band. That is when you really learn about people - who is going to show up, who you can trust and who is unreliable.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Some do a fantastic job of reporting the news. The NY Times is a great example.

Lol.. The NY Times is a great example of fake news. If you think they are a credible news source, then you greatly mistaken... 

10 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Once again, the investigation was into Russian interference in the 2016 election, which was proven, and possible links between Russia and members of the Trump campaign, which was found.

Er... no. Perhaps you should research this a bit more and delve into it a bit deeper. You will not find what you are looking for in the NY Times, Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC etc. They lied and promoted this hoax and then failed to report / cover up all the evidence that proved it to be a setup. Anyway, not going to get into this topic, and will not comment on it any further.

51 minutes ago, Masterton said:

Lol.. The NY Times is a great example of fake news. If you think they are a credible news source, then you greatly mistaken... 

Er... no. Perhaps you should research this a bit more and delve into it a bit deeper. You will not find what you are looking for in the NY Times, Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC etc. They lied and promoted this hoax and then failed to report / cover up all the evidence that proved it to be a setup. Anyway, not going to get into this topic, and will not comment on it any further.

There is a difference between bad reporting and bias.

And there are outlets like FOX that just lie.

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Masterton said:

Er... no. Perhaps you should research this a bit more and delve into it a bit deeper. You will not find what you are looking for in the NY Times, Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC etc. They lied and promoted this hoax and then failed to report / cover up all the evidence that proved it to be a setup. Anyway, not going to get into this topic, and will not comment on it any 

Russian interference to help Trump has been acknowledged and exposed also by the GOP led Committee. 

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Masterton said:

The NY Times has more awards than pretty much any other news outlet. If you think they are fake news, you've drank the kool-aid.

What is your go to news outlet?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Masterton said:

Seriously?  Are you denying that Russian interference was not proven?  Or that there were links between prominent Russians and members of Trump's campaign staff?

"However, the report states that Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election was illegal and occurred "in sweeping and systematic fashion"[10][11][12] but was welcomed by the Trump campaign as it expected to benefit from such efforts.[13][14][15] It also identifies myriad links between Trump associates and Russian officials and spies,[16] about which several persons connected to the campaign made false statements and obstructed investigations.[4] Mueller later stated that his investigation's conclusion on Russian interference "deserves the attention of every American".[17] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mueller_report

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1