Biden Warns of a 'Nightmare' Future with Trump, Lists Reasons for Concern

Social Media

1 hour ago, Hawaiian said:

Ask heybruce.  He seems to have all the answers.  I know he doesn't like mine.

The link I provided keeps on changing.  I will see what I can do.

So, you complain about illegals taking tax dollars, but you have no clue about the impact of illegals on Social Security?

Remind me why anyone should listen to you.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

So, you complain about illegals taking tax dollars, but you have no clue about the impact of illegals on Social Security?

The same could be said of your posts. He has as much right to post on here as yourself.

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

He can post all he wants.

My question is why anyone should listen - he rants about illegals and government dollars, but does not know about the impact of illegals on Social Security. 

So you think Social Security is the only government program out there? No wonder you make such idiotic statements.  If you took off your blinders you would see my other posts listing city and state dollars being spent on illegal immigrants. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is no question about that, they had so much dirt on Trump they knew that he could be easily manipulated. Nobody really knows the extent of Kompramat that they had on the big guy. 

Videotaped Moscow orgies? And what else? 

Links request... that is just a blatant lie... stick to what can be proven... links request.

• Confused 2

59 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

He can post all he wants.

My question is why anyone should listen - he rants about illegals and government dollars, but does not know about the impact of illegals on Social Security. 

and my question is why should anyone listen to you? We are all just anonymous posters, though some are more offensive than others.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Videotaped Moscow orgies? And what else? 

To believe something without proof makes someone ( insert favourite description of a gullible person ).

If you are referring to the Steele Dossier, it was a collection of rumors.

Trump's actions, however, indicate that Putin has something on Trump. Maybe something connected to Trump Hotel Moscow.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

So you think Social Security is the only government program out there? No wonder you make such idiotic statements.  If you took off your blinders you would see my other posts listing city and state dollars being spent on illegal immigrants. 

How does that money compare to Social Security money?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and my question is why should anyone listen to you? We are all just anonymous posters, though some are more offensive than others.

Nothing is more offensive than the standard Trump fluffer practice of posting unsupported lies. We get a lot of that.

In this case, we are talking about the government money spent on illegals, vs their tax contributions to the government. Any thoughts on that?

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

If you are referring to the Steele Dossier, it was a collection of rumors.

Trump's actions, however, indicate that Putin has something on Trump. Maybe something connected to Trump Hotel Moscow.

We will likely never know what Putin has on Trump but he definitely has something. That makes Trump a very dangerous man, as the president of the country. There's no question that Trump has an affinity and an affection for despots and dictators. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

It was just a speculative example, based on your original claim. The actual price increase may vary.  Now, on to your claims...

Ah, so we are speculating.  Thank you for clearing that up.  You don't know how much it would cost to induce legal residents to work in the farm to table food chain, and neither does anyone else. 

I've done stoop labor in tobacco fields and I've pushed a shovel in the lime kiln of a pulpwood mill while the dust ate holes in my skin.  I would rather go back the the lime kiln than field labor, it's that bad.

I think conservatively you would have to pay legal residents two to three times what they would earn at the fast food and retail stores currently hiring, and I suspect that even at that pay the majority would quit in a matter of days or hours after learning how bad the work is.  There is also the problem of getting workers from urban areas, where the majority live, to the rural areas where ag workers are needed.  How much would this raise domestic food prices and how many farmers would simply give up on farming?  I don't know, and neither do you.

The country needs a major overhaul of its immigration laws and it needs to import massive amounts of legal workers.  Fortunately the best and most ambitious from around the world want to come to the US to work, so attracting the best of the world to the US would be easy.  Unfortunately politicians prefer immigration chaos as a campaign cry, so they won't do anything about the chaos regardless of the damage it is doing.  Trump Republicans killing a bipartisan bill endorsed by the Border Patrol union makes that clear.

11 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

Your link didn't work.  Is this what it was supposed to go to? https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/03-16-16 Camarota Testimony.pdf

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Your link didn't work.  Is this what it was supposed to go to? https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/03-16-16 Camarota Testimony.pdf

https://cis.org/sites/default/files/2023-09/camarota-testimony-9-13.pdf

This is the correct link.  I just tried it.  Works.  The Senate testimony is from 2016.  This House testimony is from 2023.

Edited by Hawaiian
Additional comment.

On 2/6/2024 at 8:49 AM, Tug said:

rapist (convicted in civil court)

You are spreading false information and telling flat out non-truths, AKA lies. So, prove me wrong and provide proof of this "rapist convicted..." of Trump and corroborate your fake nonsense and baseless lies! 

Until you do you are nothing more than a liar who knows nothing except how to lie. You should be proud for being so dishonest,

Edited by illisdean
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

https://cis.org/sites/default/files/2023-09/camarota-testimony-9-13.pdf

This is the correct link.  I just tried it.  Works.  The Senate testimony is from 2016.  This House testimony is from 2023.

The report shows that illegal immigration is a mixed bag, presenting some winners and some losers in the economy.  The report is mostly concerned with the decline in labor force participation among the less educated Americans.  However it does not show how illegal immigration is a contributor to this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Ah, so we are speculating.  Thank you for clearing that up.  You don't know how much it would cost to induce legal residents to work in the farm to table food chain, and neither does anyone else. 

I've done stoop labor in tobacco fields and I've pushed a shovel in the lime kiln of a pulpwood mill while the dust ate holes in my skin.  I would rather go back the the lime kiln than field labor, it's that bad.

I think conservatively you would have to pay legal residents two to three times what they would earn at the fast food and retail stores currently hiring, and I suspect that even at that pay the majority would quit in a matter of days or hours after learning how bad the work is.  There is also the problem of getting workers from urban areas, where the majority live, to the rural areas where ag workers are needed.  How much would this raise domestic food prices and how many farmers would simply give up on farming?  I don't know, and neither do you.

The country needs a major overhaul of its immigration laws and it needs to import massive amounts of legal workers.  Fortunately the best and most ambitious from around the world want to come to the US to work, so attracting the best of the world to the US would be easy.  Unfortunately politicians prefer immigration chaos as a campaign cry, so they won't do anything about the chaos regardless of the damage it is doing.  Trump Republicans killing a bipartisan bill endorsed by the Border Patrol union makes that clear.

You also have to remember that farm workers are only a small fraction of the overall illegal immigrant population- perhaps 300,000 or so.  Considering that 6-8 million entered the US over the course of the Biden administration, one wonders what they are all doing.  Consider another country with a large agricultural sector like Australia- how do they do it when there are so few illegal immigrants? 

48 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You'll have to ask Australia about that last one.

I assume most of the illegal immigrants are working because they came to the US to work.  I assume most of them will not seek any kind of government assistance because they are here illegally and don't want to draw attention to themselves.  I assume that a proper overhaul of the US immigration system would result in most of these jobs being filled by legal immigrants, greatly lowering the incentive for people to come into the country illegally.

What do you think?

Well, it seems that the so-called asylum seekers are availing themselves of billions of dollars in government assistance. Just check out the fun that cities like New York and Chicago are having. New York state alone estimates that caring for illegals and asylum seekers will cost the state $10 billion (with a b) in 2023.

"Coming to work" is not a valid reason to seek asylum. They can work in their own countries. And apply for legal entry to the US at the same time.  

Meanwhile, the US government needs to do its job and seal the border as much as possible, and end the practice of letting asylees simply disappear into the countryside. Or worse, giving them plane/bus tickets to the city of their choice plus full benefits on arrival. They need to be detained until their cases can be adjudicated.

• Like 1

Not to worry, Biden is onto shrinkflation of snacks and ice cream now. For a fella who forgets when he was VP, forgets when his son died and apparently how and where and also talks to dead people, Biden's "got it goin on" now. Dang he's switch on, too bad SC Hur says otherwise and cant or won't prosecute Biden for matters pertaining to espionage, national security, classified materials because the shrink-flation engineer is mentally unfit for trial.

Edited by illisdean
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, illisdean said:

Not to worry, Biden is onto shrinkflation of snacks and ice cream now. For a fella who forgets when he was VP, forgets when his son died and apparently how and where and also talks to dead people, Biden's "got it goin on" now. Dang he's switch on, too bad SC Hur says otherwise and cant or won't prosecute Biden for matters pertaining to espionage, national security, classified materials because the shrink-flation engineer is mentally unfit for trial.

But he’s right.

Just one example businesses ripping off consumers, greeting is another.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, illisdean said:

That’s right. Suck it up. Trump 31 indictments under the Espionage Act not Biden. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

That’s right. Suck it up. Trump 31 indictments under the Espionage Act not Biden. 

So  Donald has been accessed 31 times and Joe hasn't been accused at all 

That  could show that the accusers are trying to use the law to stop the democratic process ?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That  could show that the accusers are trying to use the law to stop the democratic process ?

No. Just MAGA gaslighting for their chump. Biden done nothing wrong. 

Edited by Eric Loh
Wrong words
  • Agree 1

Biden can warn, gaslight, lie, cheat steal and share classified docs and persecute his political rivals for violations of the PRA because it don't much matter and will become moot what the old fool says, his days are numbered, he's unfit, he;s corrupt and he's getting annihilated in the polls way out of sync for an incumbent poll values, record lows and getting worse. Say good riddance to the corrupt and mentally challenged fool.

IPSOS2ndterm.thumb.jpg.f699bdd5add1429093e8b49c34fe7cd6.jpg

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/11/poll-biden-too-old-for-another-term-00140852#:~:text=According to the,serve another term

Edited by illisdean
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Nope.

Trump stole classified documents and refused to return them when he was caught.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, illisdean said:

Biden can warn, gaslight, lie, cheat steal and share classified docs and persecute his political rivals for violations of the PRA because it don't much matter and will become moot what the old fool says, his days are numbered, he's unfit, he;s corrupt and he's getting annihilated in the polls way out of sync for an incumbent poll values, record lows and getting worse. Say good riddance to the corrupt and mentally challenged fool.

IPSOS2ndterm.thumb.jpg.f699bdd5add1429093e8b49c34fe7cd6.jpg

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/11/poll-biden-too-old-for-another-term-00140852#:~:text=According to the,serve another term

You love these early polls. It's like you have never experienced an election before.

If Biden is unable to perform his duties, we'll know soon, and he would be replayed. 

We already know Trump is addled, but the Republicans can't replace him.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Well, it seems that the so-called asylum seekers are availing themselves of billions of dollars in government assistance. Just check out the fun that cities like New York and Chicago are having. New York state alone estimates that caring for illegals and asylum seekers will cost the state $10 billion (with a b) in 2023.

"Coming to work" is not a valid reason to seek asylum. They can work in their own countries. And apply for legal entry to the US at the same time.  

Meanwhile, the US government needs to do its job and seal the border as much as possible, and end the practice of letting asylees simply disappear into the countryside. Or worse, giving them plane/bus tickets to the city of their choice plus full benefits on arrival. They need to be detained until their cases can be adjudicated.

Fleeing violence (as in much of Central America) and political repression (as in Venezuela and many other countries) is a legitimate reason to seek asylum.

However I agree that the border needs much more support to be capable of dealing with the influx.  It needs the kind of support that was in the bi-partisan border bill that Trump had his sycophants kill.  That's because Trump and his supporters love the border chaos and want it to continue.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1