Most don’t trust Supreme Court on election cases: Poll

Social Media

image.png

A recent CNN poll has revealed that a majority of Americans lack confidence in the Supreme Court's ability to make the "right decisions" regarding legal cases related to the 2024 election. The poll, conducted from January 25th to 30th, showed that 58 percent of respondents either had "not at all" (23 percent) or "just some" (35 percent) trust in the Supreme Court on this matter. Only 11 percent expressed a high level of trust, while 31 percent said they had a moderate amount of trust.

There appears to be a partisan divide in the level of trust in the Supreme Court among respondents. Among Democrats surveyed, 63 percent indicated either no trust at all (27 percent) or just some trust (36 percent). In contrast, 48 percent of Republicans expressed similar sentiments, with 17 percent having no trust and 31 percent having just some trust. Independents held views more aligned with Democrats.

The Supreme Court's role in the upcoming 2024 presidential campaign cycle is anticipated to be significant, particularly as former President Trump emerges as the frontrunner for the GOP nomination despite facing multiple criminal indictments, two of which stem from his actions following the 2020 presidential election loss.

image.png

One federal case related to the 2020 election involves Trump's legal team arguing for presidential immunity to shield him from prosecution for actions taken while in office. Should a federal appeals court rule against him, Trump is expected to appeal to the Supreme Court.

Additionally, the Supreme Court is set to hear arguments this month regarding a challenge to a Colorado Supreme Court decision that deemed Trump ineligible for public office under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, known as the "insurrection clause," due to his actions surrounding the events of January 6, 2021.

The CNN poll surveyed 1,212 respondents and had a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.4 percentage points. These findings reflect a widespread sentiment among Americans regarding the level of trust in the Supreme Court's handling of election-related legal matters.

Source

image.png

• Confused 1

Why would you trust them when you can see every verdict coming a mile off depending on the political affiliation of the individual in question? 🙈

It's beyond parody at this point. :laugh:

What a fall from grace for the USA. Better stop lecturing those third world countries I think...

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Why would you trust them when you can see every verdict coming a mile off depending on the political affiliation of the individual in question? 🙈

What a fall from grace for the USA. Better stop lecturing those third world countries I think...

And yet the current SCOTUS has been rather unreliable for the guy who stuffed it with his hand picked rightwing judges.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I lost respect for the SCOTUS during Obama's administration via ACA ruling.  Haven't really followed any state or fed court decisions on Trump's cases.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

Why should they, what has the Supreme Court ever done to garner the trust of the Thai public? They consistently follow the edict of the toxic army, and other powers that be. They show time and again that they are not to be trusted, that they do not have integrity, and that they are an undependable body, when it comes to the institution of law. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

20 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I agree... stop the lectures and stop the money along with it... your third world countries can fend for themselves... hahaha

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Thanks for your kindness and support, as usual. The Supreme court here is just a toxic and corrupt as the court in the US. Same, same. 

That's OK . I coulda gone on & on (TM) but I let miss SC do it.

But today is a big day at SCOTUS -- and I am hoping my former home-state ( at least for 5 years) of Colorado does what others have not been able to do. As  Glinda the Witch of the South said in the Wizard of Oz:

You have no power here Be gone before somebody drops a house on you, too.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Arindos said:

Generally the lack of trust in the judicial system appears to be part of a wider backlash against how left-wing so much of the US (and western) establishments have become, but most leftwingers seem to be content to do a monkey no see and assume everything is normal when it's laughable to think so.

OK so you aren’t aware that Conservative judges are in the majority on the SCOTUS bench.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

OK so you aren’t aware that Conservative judges are in the majority on the SCOTUS bench.

If you divide any opinion poll into rightwing and leftwing, it's always the rightwing that places lower levels of trust in the establishment institutions compared to the leftwing.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

A post with a video from an unapproved social media source contravening our Community Standards has been removed.  Please remember social media (YouTube) cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or a government agency.

Off topic deflection posts and replies contravening our Community Standards have been removed.

On 2/7/2024 at 1:34 AM, JonnyF said:

Yes, those clowns trump appointed, plus the corrupt Clarence Thomas, certainly give the court a bad name.

While trump does represent a fall from grace for the US, at least we haven't yet fallen as far as your country.

4 hours ago, Arindos said:

If you divide any opinion poll into rightwing and leftwing, it's always the rightwing that places lower levels of trust in the establishment institutions compared to the leftwing.

I’m quite sure that it’s always the rightwing that backs the exercise of state power against minorities who wish to share equal rights, working people who wish to form unions, anybody who wishes to protest against corporate power, people who protest for a clean environment, women who want to have dominion over their own bodies and anyone who wishes to love and marry whoever it is they happen to love.