Thais love Thai still?

There used to be common talk  on this forum 20 years how Thai people would stick together etc 

I'm finding myself this Generation of young Thais  seem to be different and more selfish

Let's look at the recent murder in Pattaya of a Grab/Bolt taxi driver by a young Thai 

Has  this young generation of Thais changed ? 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

I would have exchanged Thai courtesy and respect to each other for any of the selfish, pushy, and inconsiderate behaviour

of people in other countries including those who fancy themselves well to do, modern and educated ones...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

There used to be common talk  on this forum 20 years how Thai people would stick together etc 

I'm finding myself this Generation of young Thais  seem to be different and more selfish

Let's look at the recent murder in Pattaya of a Grab/Bolt taxi driver by a young Thai

Did situations like this not occur 20 years ago then?

37 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

They all have - everywhere.  Their 'social development' has been damaged by their use of social media since very young.

One day an academic genius (educated idiot) will publish a study which conclusively proves what we all know - kids need to play with kids.

When you add social media to Covid lockdowns, you will have seriously 'damaged' young adults with very under-developed social skills.

Love it 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Absolutely

Is it good is it bad or is it IMAGINATION

Some say the younger Thai  generation are more selfish,any evidence to back that up 

More gays. Lots of lesbian couples, lots of ladyboys. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

It is not just the Thais, Gen Z appears to be The Lost Generation. Many seem to have lost all contact with social decency and social media appears to be the culprit. it is causing a huge degeneration in society. 

Everything is changing, and mankind is NOT moving forward. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It is not just the Thais, Gen Z appears to be The Lost Generation. Many seem to have lost all contact with social decency and social media appears to be the culprit. it is causing a huge degeneration in society. 

Everything is changing, and mankind is NOT moving forward. 

Yes. The effect of modern technology & media is to divide and individualize people, everywhere in the world. That, combined with the gigantism of our worldwide modernity, has pretty negative effects on everyone's behaviours. And not just the young people.

My b/f was commenting - and I have noticed it too just in my 15 years of visiting then living here - how life in his village is no longer pleasant. When I first arrived there were daily examples of mutual assistance between the villagers. Now many of the young people have left for the slave markets of the cities, and the people left behind are left behind in more ways than one, wracked with jealousy and backbiting.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

The only constant in this world is change.....

Yup, change since the universe was created....so, the same as the weather (or "climate"as they now call the weather).

My GF's family stick together like glue, I don't know if that is typical.

As a generalization, I'd say social cohesion is stronger in the rural areas, weaker in the big cities.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My GF's family stick together like glue, I don't know if that is typical.

As a generalization, I'd say social cohesion is stronger in the rural areas, weaker in the big cities.

True, but the young people - those with anything at all between their ears - are leaving for the cities.

• Like 1

If the OP thinks that Thais no longer stick together, let him go out into the street and start a fight with one and see what happens. 

Petty bickering and minor unrest between individuals is perfectly normal in any society, It is when threatened by an out side force that people unite.

Furthermore its normal that newcomers here remain largely oblivious to Thai on Thai conflict. that is how the TAT  can promote the "land of smiles"  rubbish,  people who have been here a lot longer are much more likely to notice what is really going on day to day. 

That said Thais do share a common love of their country and remain fiercely patriotic, something I am actually quite jealous of , as in my home country such sentiment is now almost considered a crime

On 2/7/2024 at 10:41 AM, georgegeorgia said:

It sounds like your selfish 

This generation are far better but great comments 

Are you starting threads, asking for peoples opinion, just to decide who they are and if they are wrong or right?

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Are you starting threads, asking for peoples opinion, just to decide who they are and if they are wrong or right?

Sounds like "favouritism" , I hope it's not come to that ,thanks for pointing that out, hope the OP blocks them👍

Edited by georgegeorgia

7 hours ago, mfd101 said:

True, but the young people - those with anything at all between their ears - are leaving for the cities.

But they've been doing that for many years...

6 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Sounds like "favouritism" , I hope it's not come to that ,thanks for pointing that out, hope the OP blocks them👍

Sorry to tell you, but you are the OP, and you do no have that power. If you are not a moderator hiding behind a fake name.