Canadian man claims fear of criminal gang forced him to open plane door

webfact

49 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

See he was wearing blue top and in photo just now, it's green. 

TPress.jpg..webp

And Wong colour hair and trousers - Wong picture - different man?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

He says he was in there sights to take out while the plane was doing 80 kph and they could possibly also take ourt the plane to get him.??  I am sure this is cannabis related....:stoner:

Looks as though your comment was heavily cannabis related.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Looks as though your comment was heavily cannabis related.

You didnt read the original article on Thaiger?

I did.  Maybe you should re-read your comment!...

"He says he was in there sights to take out while the plane was doing 80 kph and they could possibly also take ourt the plane to get him.??"

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

TPress.jpg..webp

I don't see that pic in any of the articles posted yesterday or today.

1 minute ago, ThaiFelix said:
3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I did.  Maybe you should re-read your comment!

The cannabis bit was a joke sheeeeesh, I bet youre a hoot at parties lol!

Your comment about the Canadian's reasons was a bit of a joke also, hence my 'cannabis' suggestion about you but you'd need to actually read it again to understand my point.     

• Confused 1

My buddy flew back to Canada yesterday. I told him he was nuts but he said it was already getting "too hot" to stay in Thailand.

I reminded him that it was like -20 where he lives but he said it should start "warming up" next month. I told him I'd spent time in Alberta and -10 in March is not "warming up" !

If I was put on a plane heading back to Canada now I might consider trying to escape as well !

I generally try to arrange my trips for late June/early July. Last time I was "home", late June 2019. I was "at the lake", sunny afternoon, close to 28 degrees. Then it started clouding over. Then it stared raining.
An hour late I was shivering and looked at the temperature - it was down to 7 degrees ! In an hour !!!

I had to scramble and tear open some boxes of old clothes that had been packed for nearly 15 years to find something warm to wear.

Next time - early August. No more of that "winter weather in the summer time" stuff for me !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

TPress.jpg..webp

There's no way the man in this photo is one of the Canadian Wongs. I tend to think the top pic is the correct one.

4 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

This guy has mental issues, he doesn't belong in jail, he belongs in a mental institution

Yes, preferably a Chinese mental institution. 

Canada hands out passports to all comers by land, sea and air.  Thailand is smart to only grant temporary stays to foreigners. 

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Velly Wong.. 

7 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

There's obviously something Wong with him.🤔

I bet he even Wang the Wong number when he was allowed his phone call

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Thai media are now reporting that he was beating his head bloody against the wall in jail so the authorities have moved him to Suan Prung psychiatric hospital. 

Just a thought…even if he eventually gets released, what airline is going to allow him to board a flight back to Canada unless he’s in a straight jacket?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Yeah I noticed that.

Thaiger reports it was a Thai Air Flight TG121 due to depart CNX at 9.05pm

Fox reports it was a Thai Smile flight WE161 due to depart CNX at 3.40pm.

Was there two separate incidents both involving a Canadian ?

31 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah I noticed that.

Thaiger reports it was a Thai Air Flight TG121 due to depart CNX at 9.05pm

Fox reports it was a Thai Smile flight WE161 due to depart CNX at 3.40pm.

Was there two separate incidents both involving a Canadian ?

Duplicate 

Edited by bubba
Duplicate

1 hour ago, bubba said:

Your Fox News article regarding WE161 is dated 8 November 2019

Holy molly... well that is what was attached to the Chiang Mai forum news. 

Thanks for that. It explains why the photos were so different.  Case closed?

On 2/9/2024 at 3:23 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Your comment about the Canadian's reasons was a bit of a joke also, hence my 'cannabis' suggestion about you but you'd need to actually read it again to understand my point.     

My comment was straight from the op link????

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:
On 2/9/2024 at 3:23 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

My comment was straight from the op link????

What?   If that is a question (as the four question marks suggest), no, your comment was not "a quotation straight from the OP".  If it is not a question (God knows what four question marks indicate), no, your comment was not "straight from the OP".

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What?   If that is a question (as the four question marks suggest), no, your comment was not "a quotation straight from the OP".  If it is not a question (God knows what four question marks indicate), no, your comment was not "straight from the OP".

where did I say it was a quotation, I paraphrased, stop making stuff up????

Edited by ThaiFelix
needed to add question marks
  • Haha 1

Old story from the 90s I heard from RCMP colleagues back in the day. Russian gangs started establishing themselves in Toronto and Montreal in the early 90s, pushing back the biker and Italian gangs. Supposedly it was because they were particularly ruthless and aggressive as they had no fear of Canadian prisons which they considered resorts compared to Russian prisons (so I was told). They became more and more ambitious, expanding westwards until they moved into the Vancouver area. There, they supposedly locked horns with the Vietnamese gangs who quickly sent them packing back east. The Vietnamese gangs were even harder than the Russians (maybe Vietnamese prisons are even worse than Russian ones). So maybe it's understandable that this fellow figured leaping out of a moving plane was the better choice...  

Edited by Docno

On 2/8/2024 at 10:15 PM, impulse said:

Kind of working through the guy's logic, I can't think of any safer place he thought he could be than the downstream side of airport security, if a gang was trying to shoot him.

Maybe not 100% safe, but a lot safer than laid out on the tarmac, had he been successful at opening the door.  Or anywhere in public outside of airport security...

It would be quite the "Told you so" moment if he gets shot by a Vietnamese gang on his way out of Thailand.

Everyone on earth knows his whereabouts now.