Tucker Carlson: Putin takes charge as TV host gives free rein to Kremlin

Social Media

13 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I am not getting my information from MSM, I am looking for it in independent media.

Since Putin came to power, he has repeatedly stated his desire to see the Soviet Union restored.

IIRC, the Gorbachev agreement of 1991 guaranteed the sovereignty of Ukraine, in return for surrendering its nuclear arsenal.

Putin trashed that agreement when he illegally annexed Crimea in 2014. That was when other countries really started signing up to NATO.

He then put the icing on the cake in 2022. Sweden and Finland joined up. Finland joining effectively doubled the border Russia has to defend in the West. Brilliant thinking by Putin.

Dictators get told what they want to hear. I'm quite sure Putin was told Ukraine would be a cakewalk, and NATO was weak and divided. It was a massive intelligence failure, in a country that prides itself for its skills in that area.

Russia is enormously wealthy, in land mass and resources. Trying for even more in Ukraine is simply kleptomania.

The image you posted - reminds me of a guy at work we called No-Toes. Could be Putin too.

I am posting facts, if you think you have better ones, please post them.

Glen Greenwald is pretty independent.  I agree that 99% of media is propoganda.  MSM is handed a script that they recite from and are told what stories to cover/not cover.

Notice how the farmer uprising all over Europe is pretty much bottled up.  You won't see the BBC, CNN, MSNBC etc covering this.  This is just one example of how MSM is steered to cover certain things, and not to cover other things.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, rabas said:

Well, Mr. Putin, your interview worked well.

Within days, the US Senate dropped ongoing arguments and issues voting 67 to 32 to advance a $97 billion bill that predominately aids Ukraine. Reuters

Better shore up your Crimean Bridge defenses, dude.

While the infrastructure in the US collapses.  Brillant. Send money overseas, give migrants phones and debit cards, while not giving actual citizens anything.  How's the rebuild in Maui coming along with everyone getting $700 and a big FU from the federal government?  

39 minutes ago, dhupverg said:

While the infrastructure in the US collapses.  Brillant. Send money overseas, give migrants phones and debit cards, while not giving actual citizens anything.  How's the rebuild in Maui coming along with everyone getting $700 and a big FU from the federal government?  

American infrastructure has been decaying for decades. Just compare the number of kilometres of railroad track China has with America.

The decay has been caused by the export of manufacturing capacity offshore, in the name of globalization and the bottom line.

The COVID pandemic exposed how vulnerable supply chains are. Most countries are doing serious soul-searching about how to rebuild manufacturing infrastructure.

Personally, I think we would all be better off if we lined up all the accountants, lawyers and politicians, then shot 90% to motivate the other 10%. But that's just me.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

No just bored with your messages.

No, I think you are ignored by my constantly asking you to abide by forum rules and provide sources supporting what you post. 

If it also serves to remind people that you have not provided any sources that's fine by me.

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

No, I think you are ignored by my constantly asking you to abide by forum rules and provide sources supporting what you post. 

If it also serves to remind people that you have not provided any sources that's fine by me.

Maybe he thinks this is the fiction forum?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

I just caught my typo.  I meant to post "annoyed" not "ignored".  But I think everyone still caught the gist of my post.

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

I've stated that I have seen many sources of information, from the internet, social sites, news programmes and other peoples thought's.

I have drawn my own conclusion on what's happened in Ukraine and have given my opinion on what I think.

I do not HAVE To provide sources as you say... or agree with your view.

You have your sources and your own opinion, which you are welcome to... as I am mine.

It's called freedom of interpretation and speech.

Now drop the bone.

1 hour ago, dhupverg said:

I like RFK Jr's take on Ukraine/Russia.  He gets to the bottom of things $$$$$ real quick as to why the US doesn't want peace.

His stated number of brave Ukrainian defenders war dead is from Kremln misinformation so based on that I'm labelling that as Russian propaganda.

I hope antivax nutcase Kennedy runs third party.

He will hurt Trump much more than Biden.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, dhupverg said:

Glen Greenwald is pretty independent.  I agree that 99% of media is propoganda.  MSM is handed a script that they recite from and are told what stories to cover/not cover.

Notice how the farmer uprising all over Europe is pretty much bottled up.  You won't see the BBC, CNN, MSNBC etc covering this.  This is just one example of how MSM is steered to cover certain things, and not to cover other things.

You see msm in Europe covering it.

Your wording 'farmer uprising ' is telling.

13 hours ago, dhupverg said:

You're entitled to your opinions, but not entitled to state them as facts.  Nonsense claims such as "The USSR and modern day Russia have both been under western oppression." need to be backed up by sources. 

Also, when it appears your opinions are unrelated to reality, then people have a right to point that out.  And when you vaguely reference Bobby Kennedy as a source people are free to point out that he's a whacko conspiracy theorist.

13 hours ago, dhupverg said:

Do you mean the farmer protests covered by BBC?  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68249099

and CNN:  https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/03/europe/europe-farmers-protests-explainer-intl/index.html

and MSNBC:  https://www.msn.com/en-ph/money/markets/angry-farmer-protests-are-spreading-across-europe-and-getting-results/ar-BB1i8moz

Are those the protests not being covered by BBC, CNN and MSNBC?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

You're entitled to your opinions, but not entitled to state them as facts.  Nonsense claims such as "The USSR and modern day Russia have both been under western oppression." need to be backed up by sources. 

Also, when it appears your opinions are unrelated to reality, then people have a right to point that out.  And when you vaguely reference Bobby Kennedy as a source people are free to point out that he's a whacko conspiracy theorist.

I just realized I replied to the wrong post.  Sorry.  Corrected below.

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I've stated that I have seen many sources of information, from the internet, social sites, news programmes and other peoples thought's.

I have drawn my own conclusion on what's happened in Ukraine and have given my opinion on what I think.

I do not HAVE To provide sources as you say... or agree with your view.

You have your sources and your own opinion, which you are welcome to... as I am mine.

It's called freedom of interpretation and speech.

Now drop the bone.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

Also, when it appears your opinions are unrelated to reality, then people have a right to point that out.  And when you vaguely reference Bobby Kennedy as a source people are free to point out that he's a whacko conspiracy theorist

That's your opinion, which you are free to express.

Bye...