Thai police boost security for Valentine’s Day to protect minors

webfact

Seriously do they know something we dont what has Valentines Day got to do with Minors???

Is it some kind of sick pedophile day??? I watched Sound of Freedom last night and that is an eye opener for

a huge cash business of human trafficking.... Problem is the law are in on it just like the drugs and every other vise....

Parents Guard your children Police help old people cross the road and show a good example-

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Increased screening at road checkpoints near venues such as pubs, motels, and internet cafes has been implemented. The aim is to scrutinize motorists and teenagers to reduce the likelihood of violence, apprehend individuals carrying illegal items, and discourage unlawful street racing.

Well that's messed up my Valentines day.

I had planned to go out with a group of my teenage friends loaded with drugs and knuckledusters;  beat up some tourists then race my mates through the streets Pattaya to the bar on the other side of town to get drunk.

So i will have to settle taking my girlfriend out for a romantic meal instead.

Damn it!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Asquith Production said:

I really do not get their reasoning to link Valentines day and prevention of crimes against children. Why would their be an added risk?

Its something they do every year, One of the people responsible for PR obviously fears heightened sexual activity amongst the adolescents on valentines day. Maybe his daughter got "broke in" on valentines day 30 odd years ago and he's never really gotten over it

8 hours ago, webfact said:

increased screening at road checkpoints near venues such as pubs, motels, and internet cafes has been implemented

Do they still have "internet cafes" ?  I've not seen one for years

2 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

I really do not get their reasoning to link Valentines day and prevention of crimes against children. Why would their be an added risk?

The problem is that a lot of kids think that V Day means losing your V card, and no one has taught kids about Birth control, condoms, safe sex, or birth control pills.

BUT the big problem is STD's because Thai boys like to play with lots of Thai gilrs and no one needs condomns because the thai boy really loves her.

translation V day Valentines 

V card virginity

Ventibes is the Thai version of 

The end of time is about one week in length here

Edited by kingstonkid

Some here are coming to the wrong conclusion. The police are focusing on young Thai males 14-21 who are trying to engage with females in the same age bracket. As mentioned above by a poster many Thai males use the idea of Valentine's day to pressure young girls into sex. Romance etc. But most males here have the IQ of 70 and mentality of an 8 year old the pressure on females can be immense. My daughter stays in the house from the 13-15, and I shut down her phone. It is a 365 day a year job to protect her, but we get even more vigilant at this time of year. Can't protect them forever but will do what I can for as long as I can. It is also a good time to sit down with your children and have some open discussions.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

I read it as stopping minors from jumping each other in the comfort of a love motel. Now they'll have to continue like any other day with one perched on a motorbike set and the other with both feet firmly planted on the ground.

On 2/14/2024 at 9:12 AM, zhounan said:

Unfortunately the lolita's trend is also very popular in Thailand, even ladies in their 40s speaks with Pokemon-like voices.

Perhaps there a Pokemon character called Flixia the Strangled Cat I don't know about then. You can hear my partner from 2 blocks away when she's on the phone. Busy churning out a rapid stream of high pitched Thai words that sound like 15 pairs of fingernails scraping down a blackboard.