LGBTQ+ couples in Thailand register their marriages on Valentine’s Day

snoop1130

love.png

Many LGBT+ couples went to the Jewellery Trade Centre (JTC) on Silom Road in Bang Rak district today, to register their union on Valentine’s Day.

They were among about 800 couples who signed up online to express their wish to register their marriage at the Bang Rak district office, but the site for registration this year was moved to the JTC, which is more convenient and spacious.

Couples in love prefer to register their relationships at the Bangrak district office, as ‘Bangrak’ signifies the land of love.

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-02-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

:whistling:

No need to be confused, it signifies nothing as same-sex marriages are not recognized by the Thai authorities who have been fudging this issue for years.

They pretend to be liberal and tolerant only.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

love.png

Many LGBT+ couples went to the Jewellery Trade Centre (JTC) on Silom Road in Bang Rak district today, to register their union on Valentine’s Day.

They were among about 800 couples who signed up online to express their wish to register their marriage at the Bang Rak district office, but the site for registration this year was moved to the JTC, which is more convenient and spacious.

Couples in love prefer to register their relationships at the Bangrak district office, as ‘Bangrak’ signifies the land of love.

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-02-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

Load of old macaroni, A waste of a day, a waste of flowers and dresses.

Signing registers of weddings that are not valid.

They have been promising to recognize same sex unions for years, all wind and pi$$, even Vietnam recognizes them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

:whistling:

No need to be confused, it signifies nothing as same-sex marriages are not recognized by the Thai authorities who have been fudging this issue for years

come on man it’s a good excuse for a party and dress up etc. 

of course it’s all pretend but if you’ve gone to the trouble of pretending to be a woman why not go the whole nine yards and pretend to be married? I think they call it their truth or somethin 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

OK, my error there.

I do remember a while ago now, a gay guy who went to Vietnam to perform a civil partnership with a Thai at the British Embassy, because he said he was unable to do this in Thailand.

So, maybe that's where I got my wires crossed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

I have just checked on the British Government website and British nationals can enter into a civil partnership with a Thai and even get married at the British Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam.

There are conditions and the process takes about 21 days, and you must remain in Vietnam during this time.

Neither of these two options are possible at the British Embassy in Bangkok.

This is what I was getting at.

So I apologize to myself, I was right.

Edited by Scouse123

Again it shows the big need there is for same sex couples to get a legal relationship. But the Thai Government promise it every time but will delay again and again too.. In the countries that have the samesex marriage the economy got a boost, but Thailand is too busy with an outdated law, instead of its people

39 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I have just checked on the British Government website and British nationals can enter into a civil partnership with a Thai and even get married at the British Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam.

There are conditions and the process takes about 21 days, and you must remain in Vietnam during this time.

you can do, but it is not recognized in Thailand and therefor not legal here in case a partner dies or permissions in times of sickness/accidents..Only family can claim the body or give permissions for a surgery or whatever 

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

LOL, sorry, but that is nowhere near the same as the Vietnamese authorities recognizing same sex marriage. That is the British government recognizing it.

• Haha 1