Who wears the pants in your family?

I am the head of the family, which I often rey and remind my wife, (she smiles and pats me on the head with a smile, "yes you are my love she say,"

But my wife is the neck , so I have no choice but to look whichever direction she turns. 

• Haha 1

I wear nothing but a pair of shorts all day every day here at home. For the couple of times a week when we go shopping I wear jeans & a cotton shirt.

My b/f is much the same, except that he spends most of every day 40km away at the family farm where he wears a T-shirt as well as the shorts.

Apart from all that, my b/f is used (since he was a small boy) to barking orders at all his large family including older brothers & sisters. And nothing has changed there since he linked up with a 'rich falang'.

As to the 'rich falang', as the sole source of funds for the couple and for much of the large family, it's clear where at least some 'ultimate' control lies ...

Edited by mfd101
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Asian girls love to be in control

Many women, from all kinds of background, want to be in control.

Of those women who manage to achieve it, very few seem to have any real respect for their "partner".

Letting your girlfriend ride your motorbike once every now and then, however, is not a sign of losing control...

• Like 1

Would never let a woman wear the pants and be in control. Some guys here give it all up; houses, cars, bank accounts, the lot… even asking if they can have some money to go out (if they are even allowed out!). Proper mommy’s boys. Whatever floats your boat and whatever makes you happy of course (guess it could make life easier if you’re built like that), but have some self respect, dudes! 🙂

• Like 1

There's an old Thai saying: 

The husband is the fore leg of the elephant, the wife is the hind leg - สามีเป็นช้างเท้าหน้า ภรรยาเป็นช้างเท้าหลัง

Make of that what you will.

5 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

No matter what type of relationship you might be in, at this time....

Be you married, or not....

Maybe you are just in a casual relationship.....

Who wears the pants?

Here in Thailand, it's usually the female who is a bit more dominant.

And, it is the male who is a bit more submissive.

This is the way it is in Thailand.

However, if you are a Farang?

Then, what about you?

Are you, as a Farang, happy with your female partner ruling your roost?

Some guys love to be ruled....almost as if...

They are back at home with momma.

There is NOTHING wrong with this, of course.

But what about you?

Do you prefer to take control?

Or, do you prefer that your Thai GF/Wife/Significant-Other takes control?

Personally, I love it, or used to love it, when my partner takes control of the family.

Some guys like to drive their own cars, for example.

Not me.

I like it when my GF drives the car.

There is no need for me to prove myself....

What about you?

Actually, when you give girls enough control...

It's just better for all.

I know this from vast experience.

Asian girls love to be in control.

This is where Farang go wrong, IMHO.

They just do not understand the female Asian mind.

And, probably never will....

Regards,

Gamma

We both are wearing elephant pants of course. But mine with a lot of holes in the pockets 😂

2 hours ago, JayClay said:

Many women, from all kinds of background, want to be in control.

They don't want it.

They want to make their man rise up and become stronger.

2 hours ago, JayClay said:

Of those women who manage to achieve it, very few seem to have any real respect for their "partner".

Of course, cos it means she is stronger than him. She doesn't want that. 

My English wife of 47 years of our marriage, neither of whom controlled the other on any matter and in all that time we NEVER had a row!

Before I married my current partner, I promised her I would never lie to her about anything. I also promised I would never tell her what to do and as long as she agreed to be of similar mind with me...

We each consult the other on matters of importance, as in assumed responsibilities and irregular spending. When things go wrong because of forgetfulness rather than a bad attitude, the other will back up.

We are each others main support system practically and emotionally.

My wife and I treat each other as equals, believing in the principle that if both of us remain unselfish, then we end up getting what we want from giving rather than taking!

Both of us told the other only yesterday that we are very happy together.

Control yourself - manage others.

Circumstances are bound to be different with many relationships that may determine the outcome of who might be said to be wearing the TROUSERS (I am an Englishman)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

From a Biblical perspective, I submit the following for your consideration:

1 Corinthians 11:3...But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

God has designed a chain of authority within the family, and the man is called to be the spiritual head of his household. That doesn't mean that he lords his authority over his wife, but that all decisions should be a joint effort, but when there is an impasse, the man makes the final call. If the wife is more competent at certain tasks, like bookkeeping for example, then the man can delegate that authority to her, but he should be the overseer of that task.

Just remember that it was Eve who was approached by the Serpent in the Garden of Eden, and he convinced her to disobey God, and she in turn convinced Adam to disobey Him as well. The devil will most always attack the weaker vessel when he comes after your family, so do you really want to give all control to your wife?

I personally take my cue from King Solomon in the Old Testament. He was the richest and wisest man who ever lived, and he made the statement that he had met very few wise men in his life, but he had never met a wise woman. Therefore, when a man gives up his authority, he risks it all. What else would explain why so many farangs lose their fortunes when they turn things over to their Thai wives. So, get a backbone men, and start living your calling in life.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love It 1

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

The wife of course, especially since I've been exploring my non-binary cross dressing, black Asian identity.   I feel so free, now that I'm woke.   

I'll let her carry that white cis male guilt around for a while ... :coffee1:

Do you wear red dresses?

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, uttradit said:

Do you wear red dresses?

HEY ... you been peeking in the window ... I look smokin'  hot in that red chiffon number, as it just clings and shows all those curves.

Work it girlfriend ... 🤣

• Haha 2

We both wear the pants. 

The family is a business and we're a team running it, no "my role should be this and that" required when you communicate and everyone really wants the same things (in a nutshell: comfort, time for activities/hobbies, companionship, money).

Do we get into arguments? Yes. Can we figure it out by together dissecting whatever is the problem? Yes. 

We also switch who wears the pants in the bedroom, depending on mood. Here too we're open and communicate and essentially want the same thing, so it's pretty simple to have fun. :laugh:

• Like 2

Who wears the pants in your family .

She does

My wardrobe consists of 14 shorts( my weekly attire),

5 jeans, 3 dress pants and 1 suit to burn me in.

While she very seldom wears shorts , she wears jeans mostly and dresses for dinners at restaurants .

Edited by riclag