PM Eyeing A-List Performers Amid Taylor Swift’s Singapore Shows

webfact

1 hour ago, spermwhale said:

Keep Trying. Never gonna happen. All the big bands skip BKK. It doesn't have the venues nor big enough audience for them. Rolling Stones have known this for years and have never played in BKK, knowing they can pack them in Tokyo. Also Thais are not into many of the bands that make it globally. 

Given Thailands English abilities, it is understandable why they would never get such a large audience. Most Thais would not listen to nor understand the foreigner music. Those that do go to these types of shows. Those that do not make comments blaming others for this country offering less money to pay the artists to come. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, spermwhale said:

Keep Trying. Never gonna happen. All the big bands skip BKK. It doesn't have the venues nor big enough audience for them. Rolling Stones have known this for years and have never played in BKK, knowing they can pack them in Tokyo. Also Thais are not into many of the bands that make it globally. 

agree, my thai friends at the recent coldplay concert estimated only about 15% of the audience were thai, they said they felt like they were in a foreign country. 😄

there simply isn't the local demand for big western bands, and i like that, supporting local bands is great

• Like 2

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

Singapore or South Korea or Philippines are more related to Western music. That's why Swift and others wouldn't come to Thailand.

I think there are some political issues in various countries in SEA, hence she only chooses Singapore. 

How about start playing music other than traditional Thai whining on the radio, maybe people will start demanding international bands.

Blew my mind when I got a car and couldn't find a radio station with normal music except for one English speaking.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

IMO This is why Thais are crap at English, most countries around the world listened to songs sang in English, but not Thailand 'cept the ole hotel California.

And John denver’s Take Me Home country road 🤣🤣🤣

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, schultzlivgthai said:
1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

IMO This is why Thais are crap at English, most countries around the world listened to songs sang in English, but not Thailand 'cept the ole hotel California.

And John denver’s Take Me Home country road 🤣🤣🤣

Oh and I forgot the Cranberries song Zombie, and when sang by a Thai sounds like Someday,

And another favorite of mine is Proud Mary by Tina Turner, comes out as 

🎶....Lolling lolling, .. lolling on a Liver.. :cheesy:

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Yeah, have the last say on that😂🥳🌞

i have been to Shawn Menzes, Billie Eilish concerts with my kids. Majority were Thais. New generation thais have a huge western music following. your initial statement is not quite correct on why Taylor Swift did not come to Thailand or some other countries here in SEA. There are reasons why Swift and some other do not come to certain countries in SEA and its very politically linked. Junta, Human rights etc etc etc etc etc. 

that would be my last say on the topic.... 

• Agree 1