Judge orders Trump and companies to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial

Social Media

1 hour ago, Roo Island said:

That article isn't just about NYC, where I also use to live and saw firsthand Trump's bs. He has more lawsuits than his 4 closest real estate peers combined! A true criminal.

OK. So I have known who he was since mid-1970's then at a minimum.

And in 1978 Trump made his first big Manhattan real estate splash with the Commodore Hotel morphed to Hyatt. As I lived on west 57th street this whole area was my daily stomping grounds.

Edited by jerrymahoney

7 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Only against the career criminals.

Especially ones who want to use their ill gotten gains to run the country. Trump might have remained as just another tax dodging billionaire like all the other billionaires had he not aspired to power.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

There's a fairly merciless dissection of the arguments Trump's lawyers will probably advance on appeal.

Meidas Touch on YouTube, Michael Popok.

Perhaps the most striking part of the opinion piece is the assertion Judge Engoron did everything possible in his verdict to negate any grounds for appeal.

Another problem Trump has is sending in lawyers who have no experience with the NY legal system. It's like having a grade cricketer opening in a Test match, with Mitchell Johnson bowling.

and i guess being a Lawyer in NY yourself and not an expat on a Thai forum, you know all about the inner workings!

• Confused 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Nope, he's a broken down wreck. The hatred is just as warranted as that for every other fascist tyrant in history. I'm still consumed with hatred over the stolen babies. They had the temerity to accuse dems of stealing babies. Yet another right wing lie.

TDS in full effect....fascist tyrant.... you are one sad man, you could kind of understand if you were writing from a collage campus somewhere in California. 

• Confused 4
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The Russians are helping Trump by providing disinformation for the Biden impeachment inquiry.

In return, Trump is not going to resist if Russia attacks certain NATO countries, and end US support for Ukraine.

If that isn't collusion, can you give me a better word for it?

Delusion.   and it's in your head

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Right.  Trump is a populist who scapegoats minorities, ignores established institutions, procedures, checks and balances, and has no respect for democracy, but that doesn't make him a fascist.

Oh wait, it kind of does.

That last batch of Kool-aid must of been extra potent.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

That's silly.  They should be worried about collecting from Trump regardless of the outcome of the election.

The problem for the bond agencies is trying to collect from a sitting president. They seem to think that's a big risk.

Also, its possible that a bond debt could be discharged in bankruptcy, whereas a state judgment cannot.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The problem for the bond agencies is trying to collect from a sitting president. They seem to think that's a big risk.

Also, its possible that a bond debt could be discharged in bankruptcy, whereas a state judgment cannot.

Correct on both points.  However, would you want to have a very substantial sum of money tied up until such time as the Trump empire/house-of-cards is resolved in bankruptcy court?

• Like 1