lets fight

stoner

13 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

A couple of serious gang fights in Aberdeen. I was a punk, against bikers and soccer casuals.

Once I was attacked by a gang outside a night club on boxing day, 20-5 but managed to get it to a square go, including me. I was a good fighter(Chinese Boxing) and always got up. I was winning and the gang jumped back in. Luckily a police car came -  took me to hospital.

A couple of huge fights when playing rugby.

Broke my nose 10 times.

Once in Bangkok, got into a fight with a taxi driver. He tried to overcharge me. He jumped out the car, walked up to me and punched me. I instinctively punched back. He went back to the car and took out a tyre lever and started walking towards me. I was fearless in my younger days when full of alcohol so stood in a Bruce Lee stance and he eventually went away. 

Beaten up by bouncers in 2 nightclubs in Nontaburi, put in hospital. Could have been worse. 

Never been in a fight for decades, after stopping the drink.

Thanks for that! 
I know what a raj I am when I’m drinking, but thanks for reminding us about the eejits I might meet!

• Thumbs Up 1

Got in a scrap with some gypsies . There were half a dozen of them and ten of us . I was last of our side out of the pub door with four of them thumping on me. I was lucky that it was not one or two as being four none of them could get a good punch in. Anyway I saw in the paper later that the same lot had got into a fight with a platoon of soldiers and given them a licking. They were charged and when they went to court the judge told the soldiers that they should be ashamed to call themselves British soldiers if they couldn't handle this scruffy crew of gypsies and threw the case out.

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2024 at 5:07 PM, grain said:

Agree entirely, in TKD every pattern, every move, starts with a defensive move - a block first, followed by a strike, in TKD they never attack first, unless it's in tournaments. But always better to avoid, and if one doesn't feel capable of winning get away. When we were teens we often prevented fights by psyching out someone. One time this big rocker was going to fight our friend Clive, it was getting close to starting, I went stood next to the big Rocker and said to him softly...Jesus mate, you're not going to fight him are you? Watch out for his head, he's fast, and when you're on the ground watch for his boots, he's a nasty bastard. And I saw the doubt come into the big rocker's face, he was having second thoughts. It's over then, beat the guy with the brain (and BS because Clive couldn't fight his way out a wet paper bag) 😄

well played, when hter eis no doubt and the person is calm you know you're in trouble.

Edited by charleskerins
nm

15 hours ago, uttradit said:

66yo picking fights over fuel. You might get killed next time.

A person has to stick up for himself as the poster wanted to do. If you are going to let people abuse you in any way and do nothing about it for fear of being "killed" well I

suppose that's up to you.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

A person has to stick up for himself as the poster wanted to do.

sticking up for yourself does not involve committing a crime by assaulting someone. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 1:23 PM, bkk6060 said:

I was in a lot of fights in my former employment. 

My feeling is even if you are older, be prepared.  Some basic self defense training is essential I think, especially here where parking in a parking space or saying one thing can lead to confrontation. 

Well I've spent most of my working life in a civilized country, so outside the UK, which means I haven't had to deal with any primitives.

• Love It 1

On 2/17/2024 at 1:08 PM, stoner said:

have you ever been in fight before ? a good dust up. a punch out if you may. did you win or lose ? broken bones or just ego ? who has some good stories. 

Pathetic.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

It's important to show disdain towards the primitive side of human nature.

i see you didn't clearly answer the original pathetic post. i did. in my primitive way. 

the irony oozing from your comment is almost comical too. 

1 minute ago, stoner said:

i see you didn't clearly answer the original pathetic post. i did. in my primitive way. 

the irony oozing from your comment is almost comical too. 

As Mark Twain once said, "Don't argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

As Mark Twain once said, "Don't argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".

when someone uses a word like disdain they have very clear intention with their choice. disdain is quite a negative emotion and harbors nothing but as you put it primitive thoughts.

3 minutes ago, stoner said:

when someone uses a word like disdain they have very clear intention with their choice. disdain is quite a negative emotion and harbors nothing but as you put it primitive thoughts.

Disdain is a noble shield against that which is negative and about which I can do nothing. I have disdain for Trump, for Putin, for the slaughter in the middle east, for the exaggerations in the media, for the monetary manipulators who are destroying the 99% in the West and for those who would hold up basic primitive instincts as something to be admired. Those admirable members of human society who quietly create are ignored while the destroyers become famous and even in many cases praised.

• Agree 2

Can only think of 4 fights in my life. I am only 5' 6" so discretion is the better part of valour.

Fight One - attacked by the school bully - big, ugly and overweight. He sought of won, as he forced me to the ground - I think he expected me to burst into tears but i didn't, just grabbed his legs and tried to tip him over. He backed off just grabbed my school bag and threw it over a fence then walked off. never hit on me again.

Fight two - at school i was grabbed around the neck from behind; i managed to get hold of a finger and twisted. Got a satisfying scream as it dislocated. Fight over. Another notorious bully.

Fight 3 - At a party at University, one man, ex-borstal (juvenile prison) quite tough looking was harassing a girl, she wasn't interested. No one was intervening, they just looked afraid. I stepped in and told him to stop. I got thrown physically through a door, which came off it's hinges. A number of verbal threats followed, so i walked away. Aftermath - no thanks from the girl, but the next day the Borstal lad approached me - i thought does he want to fight? He just said " No hard feelings, you know you were the only one who stood up to me, I respect that".

Fight 4 - A 'friend' was harassing his girlfriend, she tried running away and he knocked her over. I wrestled him to the ground, and held him down until he went quiet. This time i did get thanked by the girl.

That is my total fight history......

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 12:23 PM, Toby1947 said:

Lost count, but never lost one,. Practice makes perfect 😁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

and yet presumably you would describe yourself as a civilized man but not cultured I hope, that would be like watching a dog walk on its hind legs, it isn't done well but one is surprised to see it done at all.

On 2/19/2024 at 1:53 PM, soalbundy said:

Disdain is a noble shield against that which is negative and about which I can do nothing. I have disdain for Trump, for Putin, for the slaughter in the middle east, for the exaggerations in the media, for the monetary manipulators who are destroying the 99% in the West and for those who would hold up basic primitive instincts as something to be admired. Those admirable members of human society who quietly create are ignored while the destroyers become famous and even in many cases praised.

Indeed, in the grand theatre of human society, the quiet creators toil away, their brilliance obscured by the bombast of the destroyers who, in their destructive dance, garner the limelight and alas, sometimes even applause. But fear not, for in the kingdom of disdain, the discerning reign supreme, armed with wit, intelligence, and a dash of good humor to navigate the absurdities of our world.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Before I moved here I watched some of the "10 best tips for living in Thailand" videos.

Many had the advice, "Don't get in a fight in a bar".

That would signal time to quit the video as it made me think the presenter was an idiot or his target audience was idiots.

Who needs to be told not to get in a fight in a bar?