Red, Black and White 220V wires.

carlyai

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Yanks use red for earth. 

So did we Europeans in the 50's before yellow-green became the standard.  The phase and neutral colors that @OneMoreFarang  listed became standard at the same time and red was removed from use because it could be confused with old earth color.

Edited by lom
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2024 at 11:54 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

No.

Do it again, and do it right. Like Brown, blue and yellow/green wires.

And never rely on any colors on wires in Thailand. If red is N in one cable, that doesn't mean it's the same at another cable in the same installation. It seems many Thai "electricians" don't know or don't care or both.

new%20color%20code.png?width=664&name=ne

Agree, And old electrician friend once told me Blue is always the cold wire. Red / brown are hot.

• Like 1

As I've noted in another thread.

The electrons don't care what colour the insulation is.

Electricians do, but then check the function anyway.

Relying on wire colour (particularly in Thailand) is unwise to say the least.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, brianthainess said:

You could always earth each lamp directly into the ground.

All done. 

Initially because the lamps wifey bought were only about 80B each and all metal with no earth wires I thought I would install an RCBO. It didn't work. Then I found there was going to be 2 sets of 3 lights switched separately, so the electrician had shared the neutrals, so I turned it all off to fix it. 

We never use those lights but, years later I'm on one of my fix everything broken thinggy before I can't get in there with a ladder.

6 hours ago, carlyai said:

Tried Roiet and Kuchinari and no hab.

That is why I buy from AliExpress, it may take up to 3 months (usually about a week) but you can get what you order and find almost anything.

Yes I have had items arrive faulty, resulting in a refund.

Yes I have had an incorrect item shipped, resulting in a refund or corrected item sent no cost

Yes I have had an item never arrive, resulting in a refund.

the percentage of problems is less than 0.01% of items purchased. The percentage of problems uncorrected is zero

Edited by sometimewoodworker

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

That is why I buy from AliExpress, it may take up to 3 months (usually about a week) but you can get what you order and find almost anything.

Yes I have had items arrive faulty, resulting in a refund.

Yes I have had an incorrect item shipped, resulting in a refund or corrected item sent no cost

Yes I have had an item never arrive, resulting in a refund.

the percentage of problems is less than 0.01% of items purchased. The percentage of problems uncorrected is zero

Yes good idea. I've not had a problem, well a slight one, with them.

I found this supplier who seemed to have a good reputation with e-biked. I ordered 2 folding e-bikes to put in the SUV when we go away. The supplier went over time delivering and aliexpress said time was finished and the transaction was completed.

When the bikes did come and I assembled them, there was a couple of minor faults with one and a battery charger light, but because the supplier said they were special order, they wouldn't take them back.

Really it was probably my fault as much as the supplier.

With large orders (US$ 3000) I have to be a lot more careful and completely understand aliexpress policies.