US proposes Security Council resolution backing temporary ceasefire to stymie Rafah push

Social Media

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No, its not really cherry picking, it was headline news and also pretty important stuff, especially for the hostages and peace

Adopting Resolution 2712 (2023), Security Council Calls for ‘Urgent and Extended’ Humanitarian Pauses in Gaza, Immediate Release of Hostages

https://press.un.org/en/2023/sc15496.doc.htm

My links are for the Official Documents.

Still Cherry picking again, and your link also said at the end:

For information media. Not an official record. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

My links are for the Official Documents.

Still Cherry picking again, and your link also said at the end:

For information media. Not an official record. 

:saai:

image.png.c2ec335d16426d6c5a66c71f762bfa30.png

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Yet more cherry picking, you highlight the part about hostages and ignore the whole text, which says in full:

Further to the text, the Council called for the immediate and unconditional release of all hostages held by Hamas and other groups, especially children, and urged the parties to refrain from depriving the civilians of life saving services and humanitarian assistance.

Yes of course "especially children" being held hostage, they still have some of those too.

You can call it cherry picking all you want, that's what happens when you are talking about hostage release and ceasefires. Note the topic

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

More cherry picking.

So you ignore this part: and urged the parties to refrain from depriving the civilians of life saving services and humanitarian assistance.

Topic noted.

How did I ignore it when I posted a link and then a screenshot.....lol

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Laugh all you like, you did post a link and a screenshot but you only highlight what you want, would you like me to apologise for pointing out your cherry picking, or what?

Ok so your cherry picking post was responded to by another cherry picking post. See how this works now?

image.png.fe9ed4e7b1908c10d1820ef69514e779.png

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

19 post pointing out your shortcomings, yep I see how you work.

Wow. Thanks for proving my point...........

37 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

"...they have zero intention to release the hostages regardless." 

If you really believe Hamas has "zero intention" of ever releasing these people, you should call them "prisoners." 

"a person who is kept in prison as a punishment, or while they are waiting for trial." prisoner noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes | Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary at OxfordLearnersDictionaries.com

You should not call them "hostages," which is defined as:

"a person who is captured and held prisoner by a person or group, and who may be injured or killed if people do not do what the person or group is asking." hostage noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes | Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary at OxfordLearnersDictionaries.com

To my knowledge, Hamas has not asked anything for the exchange of hostages...yet. Hopefully, they will ask, and that will be a permanent ceasefire and ongoing talks to divvy up the land in a two-state solution, all enforced by some third-party agency, like a UN peacekeeping force. When they do ask for something in return for the exchange of these prisoners, then they can more accurately be called "hostages."

They have no intention of releasing them unless they are under their demands which have currently been described as delusional. Fixed if for you.......yawn

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

They have no intention of releasing them unless they are under their demands which have currently been described as delusional. Fixed if for you.......yawn

I have never heard what their "delusional" demands are/were. Have you? Until I do, I'll accept Netanyahu's description of them as just one of his many delusions.

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

I have never heard what their "delusional" demands are/were. Have you? Until I do, I'll accept Netanyahu's description of them as just one of his many delusions.

I have. They are delusional look them up if you want.

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I have. They are delusional look them up if you want.

Could you please direct me to a link where I can see them? Thanks...

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:
20 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Could you please direct me to a link where I can see them? Thanks...

You can go back to the topic where you discussed it in detail before. You're  welcome. 

Why are you like this? Why are you so negative all the time? I'll withdraw my "Thanks..." above, and you certainly can withdraw your bogus "You're welcome." If Netanyahu and his Zionist cronies are anything like you, I sadly don't expect much from any "negotiations." 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Why are you like this? Why are you so negative all the time? I'll withdraw my "Thanks..." above, and you certainly can withdraw your bogus "You're welcome." If Netanyahu and his Zionist cronies are anything like you, I sadly don't expect much from any "negotiations." 

You asked me for a link on a subject you discussed in detail before 2 weeks ago. I don't play games

27 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You asked me for a link on a subject you discussed in detail before 2 weeks ago. I don't play games

I was not playing games. I was asking you for your help in finding a link to the details of the "delusional" demands. I don't really remember when and where I posted that, and I don't remember reading anything in it that listed the details of Hamas' proposal. I only remember Netanyahu saying they were "delusional." 

I will never "play games" with you or anyone else on these Forums. I certainly might ask you uncomfortable questions, but those are not games. I ask those, hoping you will reconsider your position on some of these controversial items. 

I finally found a link to a CNN report that gives some of the details. They are/were:

"Hamas’s proposal for a ceasefire and hostage deal envisaged a three-stage process over four-and-a-half months, during which Israeli troops would gradually withdraw from Gaza, hostages would be released and Palestinian prisoners in Israel would be freed, according to a copy of the group’s counteroffer obtained by CNN. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu dismissed this proposal as “delusional.” Hamas’s demands for hostage deal are ‘delusional,’ Israel’s hostage coordinator says | CNN

Sounds a lot like what I've been suggesting, except I also suggested a peacekeeping force and a promise to continue negotiations with the aim of creating an ultimate two-state solution.

14 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Sounds a lot like what I've been suggesting, except I also suggested a peacekeeping force and a promise to continue negotiations with the aim of creating an ultimate two-state solution.

A "promise to continue negotiations with the aim of creating an ultimate two-state solution" is IMO a waste of time. They've been "negotiating" that for decades, and never passing GO. It has to be reality or it'll never happen.

Those "negotiators" could talk forever and never reach a two state solution. It's what they want, IMO. I don't trust the Americans to be impartial or unbiased when it comes to israel and IMO are bad actors, and should be excluded from any negotiations.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, still kicking said:

Typical trumpeters go and buy some sneakers.

HAHAHA... in your small mind if one is aware of joe's foreign policy blunders in the 50 years that he has sucked on the American tit... one has to be "trumpeter" There are other options but your TDS blinds you so you champion a different loser.

• Haha 1