Historians rank Trump as worst president

Social Media

1 minute ago, Henryford said:

Let me guess these "historians" are democrats.

Statistically you are probably correct. Academics do tend to lean dem. That said, they are aware of this and the rigorous methodology applied in the ranking points is transparent. Why not give us a run down on how those selection criteria are biased?

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Not enough for Trump to win the election. There is a whole swath of the Republican electorate and a sizeable chunk of independents who appear formly committed to not voting Trump. Polls indicated thta 43% of Nikki supporters will not vote Trump and vote Biden. Trump is in deep poo-poo. 

I doubt that. In a 2 horse race Trump is leading. A lot of Trump voters don't go public with their views due to hatred.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jackson went from 9th to 21st over the past 9 years.

How does that work? A different set of subjective opinions. If the data was objective he could only go up or down a maximum of 2 places.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Not enough for Trump to win the election. There is a whole swath of the Republican electorate and a sizeable chunk of independents who appear firmly committed to not voting Trump. Polls indicated thta 43% of Nikki supporters will not vote Trump and vote Biden. Trump is in deep poo-poo. 

Once Trump wins the nomination, Haley voters will fall in line behind Trump. Except for a small number who won't vote.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Let me guess these "historians" are democrats.

Another who didn't bother to read the results.  The historians included Republicans, Democrats, and independents.  Were there differences in ranking based on party affiliation?  Some, but not massively so.  Reps ranked G Washington number 1, whereas Dems and Ind ranked Lincoln number 1.  As for Trump....Reps ranked him 41, Dems and Ind ranked him 45.  There was one area where Trump was actually number 1.  Most polarizing.  I'd concur with that.   

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

The United Auto Workers endorsed Biden, not Trump.

When the polls show Biden in the lead, you will scream about fake polls.

When Trump loses the election, you will disappear.

Most polls have Trump in front. Biden is less popular than the last 4 Presidents that lost a second election.

Have you thought about being more objective? Just hating on Trump means you ignore the actual data.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Berkshire said:

Another who didn't bother to read the results.  The historians included Republicans, Democrats, and independents.  Were there differences in ranking based on party affiliation?  Some, but not massively so.  Reps ranked G Washington number 1, whereas Dems and Ind ranked Lincoln number 1.  As for Trump....Reps ranked him 41, Dems and Ind ranked him 45.  There was one area where Trump was actually number 1.  Most polarizing.  I'd concur with that.   

The rankings are a joke. Guys going up or down 9 places since 2015. On page 1.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/20/2024 at 7:02 AM, herfiehandbag said:

However the manufacturers of red baseball caps, and now gold plated sneakers, think that he is the absolute bee's knees!

Would those be hats and sneakers made in China? (remember his tie?)

PH

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Not enough for Trump to win the election. There is a whole swath of the Republican electorate and a sizeable chunk of independents who appear firmly committed to not voting Trump. Polls indicated thta 43% of Nikki supporters will not vote Trump and vote Biden. Trump is in deep poo-poo. 

We can hope so. 

PH

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

11 Presidents on this list moved 4 or more places in the 2015 to 2024 period. That's not impossible using the same objective criteria. These left leaning historians must drink tea and make up their own criteria and it changes yearly. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

This election is going to be the resistable object vs the movable force.

But, Trump is the worst presidential candidate in modern times, so his failure is pretty much pre-ordained.

So you want an 86yo President? That's the worst option of all time. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dolf said:

So you picked 1 poll and ignored the others :cheesy:

I picked a poll that came out today.

You can select polls from a few days ago, if that makes you happy.

These early polls are meaningless.

Except that they will make you suspicious when they change later on in favor of Biden. Then, you will claim they are fake.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Dolf said:

11 Presidents on this list moved 4 or more places in the 2015 to 2024 period. That's not impossible using the same objective criteria. These left leaning historians must drink tea and make up their own criteria and it changes yearly. 

Boy, you are really hung up on the list.

• Haha 1

On 2/21/2024 at 5:30 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

There are actually real people that get paid a living wage for doing that? WOW, it sure beats working in a real job.

I sure went down the wrong path in life when I could have done that instead of doing hard work all my working life.

Very funny ... work = physical labor. You were probably better off financially. Thus I had to retire to a lower cost country. Out priced in the USA.