American expat escapes Thai jail time for scathing hotel review

snoop1130

On 2/23/2024 at 2:50 AM, Sigmund said:

Always give out on such bad services, only once out of thailand and use an account that you do not touch when back in Land of Scams. Consumers are fed up with bad service all over Thailand and the firms who take foreigners for cash cows.

I would not pay those rates, I found hotels very difficult to negotiate with and taxis wanted to take you to hotels you didn't ask to go to in certain places. In the end I walked around and found a nice guest house very reasonable and friendly. 

On 2/23/2024 at 2:53 AM, Banana7 said:

One can write a critical review but just craft the review carefully. He could have said the service did not meet his expectations and is the worst he has ever experienced and did not have a happy enjoyable experience. Just talk about your own feels and not say the staff did a XXXX job.

Yes, you need to be crafty.

Take a photo of the family crying in the restaurant, beseeching the Lord why, whyyy Lord?   like on stage at the Globe level champagne acting.

Caption:  Our Food Made Us Sad

11 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Yes, you need to be crafty.

Take a photo of the family crying in the restaurant, beseeching the Lord why, whyyy Lord?   like on stage at the Globe level champagne acting.

Caption:  Our Food Made Us Sad

I like that, create some drama, use creative acting.

• Agree 1

There much nicer Thai islands than Koh Chang. I've visited Koh Chang once, but there are much nicer islands a little further south of Koh Chang where the water is crystal clear. Koh Mak and Koh Kood are much better with no complaining operators, excellent service and clearer sea waters.

An online video or a handout should be given out to anyone who plans on traveling to Thailand or any other SE Asian countries.  It just has to say this "Freedom of Speech and expression may not be present at your destination.   Failure to follow local laws and customs could result in imprisonment, financial penalties, deportation or all three".  

Back in the 1980's and early 1990's the Korean Government required all of it's citizens to take a mandatory four hour class before taking any international trip.  This class essentially laid out the do's and don'ts while in a foreign country.  

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, john donson said:

when will this and other absurb laws that make sure SERVICE is not guaranteed as you dare to complain and did not get value for money, you get sued... crazy banana republic

Another one who is too lazy to look up the story and what actually happened. Let's all just react to the headline - it's so much easier.

• Sad 1

On 2/23/2024 at 12:03 AM, Nick Carter icp said:

That isnt true .

The America guy launched a long running campaign posting untrue things about the resort using various different names  , the resort asked him to stop his campaign but he refused, so the resort took legal action to make him stop posting untrue accusations about the resort

Welcome to the internet Thailand. Grow a pair.

• 1 month later...