I think I have a marijuana plant growing in my garden?

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Plants 50cm tall do not suddenly appear overnight.  If you didn't plant it then it, obviously, got there the same way as all the other weeds are propagated.

Jack's beanstalk did!

20 minutes ago, Hokeus said:

I would expect he only drinks this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Ivory_Coffee

Black_Ivory_coffee_beans.thumb.jpg.ec1705ee56982dd6b6347a7b41875beb.jpg

Just so that nobody here thinks I have suddenly gone off the deep end:

What I was actually referring to was the ability to embed information, almost undetectable data, using a technique called Image Steganography.

I first read about this many years ago, and I have been aware that this could be one way for authoritarian governments to track individuals without their knowledge.

In this case, a nefarious government could program a phone to embed a watermark in a digital file or photo which would be almost impossible to detect, unless one knew where and how to find it in a photo.  Therefore, how would I know if my Samsung Note4 has been designed in this fashion to do just this?

In case anyone might not know what Image Steganography might be, I found a good intro to this topic from an AT&T blogger/poster:

image.png.1718221132d1b59dcded852dc1344841.png

https://cybersecurity.att.com/blogs/security-essentials/image-steganography-concealing-secrets-within-pixels

There are plenty of ways to track us, and this might be one of the better ways to do so.

Just sayin'....

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Hokeus said:

I believe he is inhaling. Not cannabis though. Only glue and paint thinner.

I think you might find the entire topic of Image Steganography fascinating.

There are so many uses for this technology.

Far superior to simple encryption, is all that I am trying to point out here.

And, you would never be aware of it, unless you yourself had added data to a photo, using these methods.

What is the plant that looks like marijuana?

15 Flowers That Look Like Weed But Are Not - A-Z Animals

Chaste Tree (Vitex agnus-castus)

The chaste tree's leaves feature the same unique star pattern as the cannabis plant without its trademark toothed edges. Chasteberry, or the chaste tree, is an ornamental shrub that is often mistaken for the cannabis plant, thanks to its unique appearance

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:
4 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

think I have a marijuana plant growing in my garden? 

Now, this is one of your better postings. 

Good to see you're starting the week off on the right foot. 👍

I've got this tomato plant in the back yard but I'm starting to think it's something else. 🤔

FB_IMG_1708940147422.jpg

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I've got this tomato plant in the back yard but I'm starting to think it's something else. 🤔

FB_IMG_1708940147422.jpg

That is, actually, a very beautiful photo you have uploaded here.

Beauty is nothing to joke about.

Who is that girl with the very long braided ponytail.

She is my type of girl.

I once had a wife from China, whom I met in Pennsylvania, at university, who was tall, and yet her ponytail behind reached below the beltloops in the back of her jeans.

She was very straight-laced, and never inhaled anything of note.

That is one very tall tomato plant you have.

And, the one on the left looks like a cute tomato, too.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Hi Folks,

While sitting out drinking my Chinese green tea this morning, I noticed a new plant in my garden, one which may be a weed, or it may be a marijuana plant.

I am no botanist, so how can I tell for sure if the weed that is growing is weed, or not?

It looks like the cannabis plant that I have seen in magazines, but who knows, and how to definitively know?

I did not plant it.

It just suddenly appeared this morning.

The plant is still only about one-half meter high.

Five leaves, at each level, etc.

Should I try eating it to see if it is weed?

Or, should I dry it and smoke it?

How did it get here, anyway.

And, anyway, I will continue to water it, at least until I can identify it.

It's morning like this one, in Thailand, that really perk up my day; I must say.  

Best regards,

Once more....

Gamma

Perhaps a little taste, Mr. Castaneda?

Edited by mamypoko

16 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

there is no such thing as Dark Matter.

Dark matter is what keeps us all in one piece it stops us from dissolving into that ethereal thing.

On 2/26/2024 at 12:28 PM, daveAustin said:

Heard that before! Your mom might do so, but do you think the Royal Thai Police will believe that little nugget? 😂

The Police won't care.  It isn't illegal to grow cannabis in Thailand. 

On 2/26/2024 at 8:34 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

How do you know that I have not already begun inhaling?

When I mentioned my Chinese green tea...

Did you think I meant tea?

We know, because the leaves of a non-adult cannabis plant do not contain any THC; smoking them will give you nothing.

However, they contain minerals etc in the same way, salad does, so in Isaan the leaves and stems are often put into chicken soup.

A more western take on smoothies or teas with leaves, read on from the header 'The nutritional value of fan leaves': https://www.cannaconnection.com/blog/19208-cannabis-fan-leaves-what-they-are-and-how-to-use-them

"Green tea" as you insinuate would therefore actually not be the worst idea.

On 2/26/2024 at 6:34 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

That is, actually, a very beautiful photo you have uploaded here.

Beauty is nothing to joke about.

Who is that girl with the very long braided ponytail.

She is my type of girl.

I once had a wife from China, whom I met in Pennsylvania, at university, who was tall, and yet her ponytail behind reached below the beltloops in the back of her jeans.

She was very straight-laced, and never inhaled anything of note.

That is one very tall tomato plant you have.

And, the one on the left looks like a cute tomato, too.

Ah, well, isn't it just a delight to stumble upon such a wonderfully crafted commentary on the intricacies of life? Your words, my dear interlocutor, paint a vivid tapestry of thought and emotion, a symphony of musings dancing across the vast expanse of cyberspace like whimsical fireflies on a warm summer night.

The initial compliment on the photo, while seemingly innocuous, opens the floodgates to a veritable cornucopia of reflections on the nature of beauty itself. Ah, beauty, that elusive siren whose song beckons us to dive headfirst into the swirling depths of subjectivity, where perceptions morph and twist like playful otters in a babbling brook.

And ah, the girl with the braided ponytail! What a vision she must be, with her locks cascading down her back like golden tendrils of sunlight, weaving tales of romance and longing in the minds of all who gaze upon her digital visage. It's fascinating, isn't it, how we each have our own "type," our own unique set of criteria that guide us through the murky waters of attraction?

But let us not forget the poignant reminiscence of the wife from China, a towering figure whose presence looms large in the annals of memory. Her tall stature and lengthy ponytail serve as a testament to the wonders of cultural diversity and the serendipitous nature of love, which knows no bounds, be they geographical or metaphorical.

And then, of course, there's the matter of the tomato plant. Oh, what a magnificent specimen it must be, standing tall and proud amidst the verdant splendor of the garden! One can only imagine the joy and satisfaction that comes from nurturing such a bountiful harvest, reaping the rewards of patience and perseverance in equal measure.

In conclusion, dear reader, your comment has sparked a veritable whirlwind of thought and reflection, a merry-go-round of intellectual stimulation that leaves me simultaneously exhilarated and exhausted. Let us continue to traverse the winding roads of conversation, exploring the nooks and crannies of human experience with unabashed curiosity and unbridled enthusiasm!

1 minute ago, ABCDBKK said:

Ah, well, isn't it just a delight to stumble upon such a wonderfully crafted commentary on the intricacies of life? Your words, my dear interlocutor, paint a vivid tapestry of thought and emotion, a symphony of musings dancing across the vast expanse of cyberspace like whimsical fireflies on a warm summer night.

ChatGPT is great, isn't it. If only it would not make 90% of our bull<deleted> office jobs superfluous and soon will send us into unemployment, that is...