Thai woman assaulted by Swiss man in Phuket

webfact

1 hour ago, Grumpy one said:

Do the donations to the elephant sanctuary pay his million baht a month rent for a beach house?

Many live here on Charity donations, I had one near me from a dog rescue, big house with pool. German.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

This is a good example of the crazy laws here. How is it possible that a minor charge like trespass can be four years in jail, while a physical assault can be bought off. I may be wrong, please tell me if I am, but even now after more than 3 decades here I still believe the laws are geared towards the rich and influential at the expense of the common man.

Of course they are but as one poster said  the rich are hard workers so they should be rewarded .I would like to reward the Swiss fellow and I'm sure others on here would .

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

"Thai Criminal Code

Section 362: Trespass

Whoever, entering into the immovable property belonging to the other person so as to take possession of such property in whole or in any part or entering into such property to do any act disturbing the peaceful possession of such person, shall be imprisoned not out of one year or fined not more of two thousand Baht, or both."

So the cop was talking out of his arse in order to scare the doctor, presumably. And a judge would never convict on the basis of sitting on a step to rest. There was no intent and no disturbance. Nasty bxstard Swiss. Definitely do him for assault. Lock him up!

Well done

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The officers urged the doctor not to file a complaint and asked her to resolve the issue on the spot.

He could have solved the issue, those steps are far away from the 'villa' it was only 7.30pm not the early hours of the morning, absolutely no reason for a physical assault on a woman.

(What did the Physical assault consist of? did he grab her to remove her or actually hit her?)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, alien365 said:

I'll await the added defamation case to be made against her by bringing his name and the sanctuary into disrepute. 

We really need to hear his side and see his video showing the physical assault. No doubt it was just a push, and if it was, her 'poor me, I'm an innocent doctor' doesn't cut it with me. 

"no doubt it was a push"   Are you the Swiss guy ?If so you are a coward ,lose weight .  

If you're not the Swiss guy you're pathetic ,  a push is assault      IDGAF what cuts it with you.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Allegedly the Swiss guy was interviewed about his actions   and said    "I'm rich ,spoiled .entitled and overweight  .It is my right to assault female doctors  for sitting on steps near the beach"  " My wife and I are a great match   we think we are better than other people especially Thais."

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Yes, brain transplants very expensive in Thailand. 

Because they have to be imported😎?  On the serious side, a mutual apology (honest or not) would not have hurt anybody and the matter would have been settled🙏

1 hour ago, alien365 said:

So you just believe everything that she says? Where are the pictures of her injuries if he actually assaulted her? If some sort of evidence is given I'd lean more to her side, but it sounds like all she wants to do is smear the couple. 

WTH are you talking about ?  You are the Swiss guy aren't you?  You think you can push women because they are sitting on steps by the beach ""smear the couple" " pictures of injuries " ?     You don't even own the property too bad her boyfriend didn't knock you out.

• Agree 1

I thought there was a building law you are only permitted to build after 30ft from the high tide line on any beach side ?

So unless she was sitting in his garden basically then she should be on the beach when walking you would think.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

He's not a gentleman

Probably true, although I don't know him. On the other hand, had the trespassing happened in the USA the woman might have been killed.... So everything is relative..... 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, SchuetzRob said:

Probably true, although I don't know him. On the other hand, had the trespassing happened in the USA the woman might have been killed.... So everything is relative..... 

I think this happens many places   EXCEPT  for the assault on the woman   https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/simmering-lake-huron-shore-war-thrusts-beach-rights-under-spotlight

4 hours ago, harrycallahan said:

Start by checking land boundaries and development approvals. He'll soon shut up. 

Hmm He rents the place. So pretty unlikely that he built it. Ergo Land boundaries and developmet approvals are hardly his concern😘

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Not his property, he is only renting.,

All that over-the-top fuss for a lady sitting on a bloody step.

He needs his head tested and so does his big-mouthed wife.

agree ...  it sound's to me they were both probably half p_ssed being on the booze all evening.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, patongphil said:

I wonder what the other side of the story is - pretty one sided report.

I'm guessing his story is he used reasonable force to remove a trespasser from his property.

Which seems quite reasonable to me.

• Confused 4

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It reported two sides, you want a third side to the story?

I'd like to hear what the 'assault' involved.

Assault could range from pushing her away to beating her unconscious.

And you think that in this case there's such a huge possibility that she was beaten unconscious that it needs to be clarified in the article?!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2