Thai woman assaulted by Swiss man in Phuket

webfact

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

2 ladies (one a doctor, probably spent the day saving lives) relaxing by the beach, not annoying anyone, psycho, bully boy comes along with his aggression scaring these women. 

5 minutes ago, digbeth said:

If he's only renting the real owner's in a bad place now, the Thais are calling for scrutiny on the location of the steps being so close to the waterline means it must be encroaching on public land

It's on public land they have to be removed in 3 days

• Like 1

Just now, charleskerins said:

It's on public land they have to be removed in 3 days

there is a core group on here that  fit into a pattern      1.Women and Thais lie(always)

2.big deal he assaulted a woman it's his right (she's lying anyway) don't watch the video

3.drumpf is great

4. global warming  yeah I said global warming is a hoax

5. women are objects 

6. I am superior

7.the media is lying but here's a story from back in the day when I was a wee lad  to dispel science and the media.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Imagine if a Thai had done it and then said they tripped. People like alien365 would be up in arms saying Thais don't take responsibility, "fragile egos" etc etc blah blah. Pathetic hypocrites of the highest order.

Check through all of my previous messages on different threads and point out where I have said anything to the like. I don't join baying mobs like others. Its quite ironic that I get called a hypocrite when posters are spewing vitriol at the man who caused no actual harm by wishing harm on him (being beaten up by the doctors boyfriend, please run him over etc). 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Green Elephant Sanctuary Park near Surin Beach in the Thalang district of Phuket

If you see this creep, run him over please. 

IMG_20240301_041429.jpg

Okay. I'll bite. Have you ever acted in a way that you are not proud of? Was that your true character or did you make an excuse for your actions (had a tough time recently, financial worries, relationship worries etc)? Do you deserve to have people promoting causing seriously bodily injury or even death to you because of that moment?

I'm not perfect and I don't expect anyone else to be, but some posters on here must never have put a foot wrong in their lives based on their over the top reactions to something as trivial as this.

I'd expect this man regrets his actions and knows he should have approached it differently now. If he doesn't then that says a lot about him. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

He doesn't seem to be saying a lot about it though. If he is as clean as suggested a contrite attitude would help a lot. I think most people know better than to take media reports too literally, as they say on the First 48 there's always two sides to a story.

Long term visa holders need to have the good sense to avoid confrontations. This guy escalated a nothing situation, admitted kicking a Thai sitting quietly on a public beach and then saved the video. Always remember we are all short term guests here.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

Take off your rose colored glasses and get back on your meds maybe it will improve your eyesight and logic.

Swiss Fat Boy -I was completely out of line and I want to extend my heartfelt apologies to the women and offer them a few nights in my rental at my expense. I have been very stressed  but that is not an excuse.

Alien 365   -    I was wrong .

What was I wrong about exactly? I don't understand how people don't realize that I am not defending him. He can be wrong and the lady can make a bigger scene about the issue than it is. They are not mutually exclusive. What I am getting at, which unfortunately seems to be taking over this thread, is that people are ridiculously judgmental on here. You are judge jury and executioner before hearing all of the facts. It's not going to make me any friends, but sometimes hearing the truth hurts. Sure the guy was wrong, he acted like a complete idiot, but the woman has made this what to me is a nothing event, and my opinion wont change on that, in to something national. That was my thought at the start of the thread and remains the case now after seeing the video. A storm in a teacup.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Okay. I'll bite. Have you ever acted in a way that you are not proud of? Was that your true character or did you make an excuse for your actions (had a tough time recently, financial worries, relationship worries etc)? Do you deserve to have people promoting causing seriously bodily injury or even death to you because of that moment?

I'm not perfect and I don't expect anyone else to be, but some posters on here must never have put a foot wrong in their lives based on their over the top reactions to something as trivial as this.

I'd expect this man regrets his actions and knows he should have approached it differently now. If he doesn't then that says a lot about him. 

Why are you sticking up for this goose? 

He attacked 2 lovely ladies, sitting peacefully, minding their own business, resting after I'd say a very stressful, nerve racking day at the local hospital or similar. 

NO BLOODY EXCUSE FOR HIS SCHOOL BOY BEHAVIOR. 

If you know the Swiss fool, tell him he needs to get some therapy, he obviously has mental health issues. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, bradiston said:
On 2/29/2024 at 9:54 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Why?   Is there some suggestion that his villa is encroaching on public land?

Yes. It's almost a certainty:

"The Thalang Administrative Office (TAO) conducted a further investigation at the villa today, February 29. According to the TAO, the steps were constructed on the public beach without permission so they have ordered a real estate developer to remove the steps within three days."

Bingo! Instinct. Wadda you say Lou?

"Bingo"!  "Instinct"?   Not exactly, that TAO quote was published seven hours after I posted my question!  So no "Bingo!" That's what I say.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Watched the video, didn't see any kicks.

The fat guy was a bit rude, but he's probably fed up chasing drunk women off his property all the time.

Meanwhile the Thai university lecturer who deliberately ran me down in October, after I accidentally touched his pickup, breaking many of my bones and scarring my legs is unpunished despite the police tracing him and him admitting the attempted murder.

Yes you can't see a kick, but from the voice and the reaction I would argue it was a kick.

Anyway, even when the stairs would be correct build, this is not trespassing as they only sit on the border of his rented land.

I can understand, that it can be frustrating, when you always have people siting on your rented land. but when you have a plot near the beach, I think this is almost unavoidable.

Just now, SAFETY FIRST said:

He attacked 2 lovely ladies, sitting peacefully, minding their own business, resting after I'd say a very stressful, nerve racking day at the local hospital or similar. 

Amen

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, bradiston said:
On 2/29/2024 at 9:54 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Why?   Is there some suggestion that his villa is encroaching on public land?

Yes. It's almost a certainty:

"The Thalang Administrative Office (TAO) conducted a further investigation at the villa today, February 29. According to the TAO, the steps were constructed on the public beach without permission so they have ordered a real estate developer to remove the steps within three days."

Bingo! Instinct. Wadda you say Lou?

"Bingo"!  "Instinct"?   Not exactly, that TAO quote was published seven hours after I posted my question!  So no "Bingo!" That's what I say.

24 minutes ago, saintdomingo said:

He doesn't seem to be saying a lot about it though. If he is as clean as suggested a contrite attitude would help a lot. I think most people know better than to take media reports too literally, as they say on the First 48 there's always two sides to a story.

It would help if there was a video of the incident ,it would also help if there was a video of him saying he tripped when he kicked her.  Wait  

Edited by charleskerins
  • Like 2

Just now, SAFETY FIRST said:

I posted the video earlier, scroll back. 

I know I watched it I also watched a video of him trying to explain assaulting the woman .Maybe other posters on here should watch it.

On 2/29/2024 at 5:20 AM, trevoromgh said:

If the guy is so obsessed with privacy why hasn't he fenced and gated his property rather than leaving it open like the photo shows?   Sticking two piddly signs up saying 'No Trespassing' is clearly not enough and shouldn't warrant the reaction which 'supposedly' happened.   

Well he doesn't own the beach to fence off the steps at the bottom. On the other hand I get a sense people don't respect the property of others here... storm in a teacup really.

But reminds me when I once had a beach bungalow in PI... was awoken to a racket at 6am as a group of about 5-6 Chinese tourists had taken over my terrace and were sat round my table there smoking and shouting at one another.. I got a bit irritated too! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, charleskerins said:

Nothing like pontificating when you're wrong.

They had 10 minutes plus on TV this morning - you watched yes?! Not talking the edited video clip on you tube or tik tok or wherever, talking about the morning news channels

Somehow I get the idea you did not & have no clue about that TV coverage. After the TV hyperventilating, one would expect a murder or at least a bloody R. scene. I am sure he is a piece of excrement but that does not change a bit of what I said. 

Catch the midday or evening news, watch the rant, I am talking the announcers here,  Oh & nice shooting from the hip yourself, Tex.
Cheers

Edited by Dcheech

41 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well he doesn't own the beach to fence off the steps at the bottom. On the other hand I get a sense people don't respect the property of others here... storm in a teacup really.

But reminds me when I once had a beach bungalow in PI... was awoken to a racket at 6am as a group of about 5-6 Chinese tourists had taken over my terrace and were sat round my table there smoking and shouting at one another.. I got a bit irritated too! 

The  terrace was far away    ,it wasn't his property  ,the steps are to be torn down they are on public property .  They were sitting their quietly enjoying the beach view,   Your  comparison isn't relevant . Sure no problem run up on two women cursing at them and kick one in the back.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

They had 10 minutes plus on TV this morning - you watched yes?! Not talking the edited video clip on you tube or tik tok or wherever, talking about the morning news channels

Somehow I get the idea you did not & have no clue about that TV coverage. After the TV hyperventilating, one would expect a murder or at least a bloody R. scene. I am sure he is a piece of excrement but that does not change a bit of what I said. 

Catch the midday or evening news, watch the rant, I am talking the announcers here,  Oh & nice shooting from the hip yourself, Tex.
Cheers

Nothing like pontificating when you're wrong.  Blood is not required for an assault conviction.  

tsk tsk Urs ...

the police was right, the matter should have been resolved on the spot.

as the article doesn't mention any wounds on the woman of undisclosed identity, I guess the "assault" was rather light.

Edited by tgw

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

My observation was also posted long before I discovered and read the article, which nobody else had read, regarding the illegality of the steps placement. But I guessed right. So yeah, bingo!

After watching the video, I couldn't actually see him kicking the lady & I would of thought it might of left a mark of some sort on the back of her white top, if he had slipped like he said & it was an accident, then surely he should of apologised, as it's now got the attention of the media.......

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Wow, watched the video on YouTube, this guy is a real psycho. I'm glad they are removing the steps, giving no doubt that where they were sitting was not his property. I hope he sees more repercussions from his disgusting actions. Wouldn't the million baht a month villa payments he says he pays be better served going to improving the elephant sanctuary rather than for his life of luxury?

I have a feeling if the boycott that is likely to happen causes revenue to drop that the Elephants will be the ones to suffer, I bet he will make sure his salary is still taken from whatever cash flow the business still has. There are so many chancers out here pretending to care about animals but it's just to sustain their lifestyle out here.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

If you know the Swiss fool, tell him he needs to get some therapy, he obviously has mental health issues. 

Once again, at what point am I sticking up for him? I am calling you out as you posted a big picture of him telling people to run him over. Is that not also schoolboy behaviour? 

And to repeat myself one more time, I am not him, live anywhere near Phuket or even hang out with westerners for that matter. 

1 hour ago, tgw said:

tsk tsk Urs ...

the police was right, the matter should have been resolved on the spot.

as the article doesn't mention any wounds on the woman of undisclosed identity, I guess the "assault" was rather light.

Yes the matter should have been settled on the spot by him getting the snot beat out of him ,but the coward knew that wasn't going to happen  . The police are well known for advocating for female assault victims  . They won't be putting the  assault in quotation marks in a Thai courtroom where he could get  1 year in jail.   tsk tsk