Thai woman assaulted by Swiss man in Phuket

webfact

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Yes, agree. 

Amazing how they allow these crazy foreigners to live here in Thailand. 

Crazy foreigner, agreed. But his wife was a lot worse IMO. She threatened to use high level police connections and to shoot her!??? I don't know, but I would think that would garner a much harsher penalty than what was likely a simple shove and some yelling (assault by the crazy foreigner). Some people are crazy enough to follow through with threats to shoot. I would never take such a statement lightly and that Thai woman should be charged. And the police she claimed to have connections to should be investigated. As if that would ever happen....🤪
:violin::coffee1:

• Agree 1

Many years ago I think I wandered through some private property in Hua Hin, I only realised after the event, it also was a property that fronted onto the beach. There were no fences or signs so that you could tell, easy to do.

Edited by Andrew65
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, trevoromgh said:

If the guy is so obsessed with privacy why hasn't he fenced and gated his property rather than leaving it open like the photo shows?   Sticking two piddly signs up saying 'No Trespassing' is clearly not enough and shouldn't warrant the reaction which 'supposedly' happened.   

Not his property he rents it for 1 million a month

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why is that a "probability"?

Ok, a possibility, because of their proximity to the beach. If somebody can just wander from the beach, unknowingly onto the steps to rest, where's the demarcation? Is this their private access to the beach? Just a lot of nimby nonsense. And he's renting! It's not even his property, is it? The owner might object, but he's claiming his monthly 1m THB rent is greatly devalued if people sit on the steps. Talk to the owner. The renter has no jurisdiction. Ask for a discount! But don't start attacking innocent people. Maybe it comes with the territory. Maybe it's happened before. Maybe it happens all the time. Yeah, in all probability, this man's a moron.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Wildliferescue said:

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/society/boredom-in-switzerland-leads-to-an-elephant-refuge-in-thailand/47207918

Is this the man of the attack? How can a charity director rent a house for 1,000,000 baht a month? and why is this news story (above link) so full of lies?

Like how the story says he lived of his savings for 2 years then set up sanctuary.

Guess it pays well if same guy 🙄🤔

Job Vacancy for a  Security Guard that Stops Trespassers - Swiss National looking for a local Thai Security Guard to Stop Trespassers on private beach front property in Phuket.  Applicants must not let public into the private beach area.

Other News-

Missing Persons Somchai the security Guard is believed to have drowned in the ocean while swimming on the job. If anyone has information about Somchai please keep it to your self or you may go swimming too.

He only had one job R.I.P Somchai the security guard

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

This is a good example of the crazy laws here. How is it possible that a minor charge like trespass can be four years in jail, while a physical assault can be bought off. I may be wrong, please tell me if I am, but even now after more than 3 decades here I still believe the laws are geared towards the rich and influential at the expense of the common man.

You are wrong to even suggest that you are wrong.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Exactly. It's amazing how all the white knights here immediately assume her side of the story is true. From the satellite photo (google maps) it's clear this is not a beach and the women were knowingly walking through back yards. There are clearly two No Tresspassing signs on both sides of the stairs - they just didn't care. So she already lied about not knowing she was tresspassing - the "poor me didn't know" act is after-the-fact to gather sympathy for her "cause" (what cause is that? legally speaking she's the one who broke the law). As far as the assault goes, it was probably just a push, which is uncalled for - but hardly "assault". If he actually hit or kicked her she would've definitely included that in her version of events. Also a nice touch implying he was fat/obese - as if that bears any relevance other than trying to portray him as the villian. As for what he or his wife said - she probably is making a lot of it up.

I've met a lot of female Thai doctors, lawyers, judges, and others in such professions - while sure a lot of them can be sweethearts, many are also incredibly entitled - especially when drunk. I've seen such women be incredibly pushy, sexually harass me and others, stubbornly continue to hit on me despite having clearly indicated I am not interested, etc. This type of woman assumes she is above the rest and does not take no for an answer. And that's what likely happened here - they were told to move, and instead of moving they stubbornly stayed there which escalated the situation.

Just the other night ran into such a beast - she was at the table next to mine very drunk and very provocative, at some point she comes over and introduces herself while spilling half her drink on my leg. I reached out to get some paper towels and when she realized what happened she lowered her face towards my leg/groin, overtly licked her lips, and asked "can I help you?". I refused politely and dried it off, but she kept doing it over and over again and licking her lips throughout and get more and more touchy. Eventually I told her "my girlfriend works in this club" hoping she'd take the hint - no such luck - she kept going. I had to tell her 5 times I have a girlfriend and eventually physically move away and move tables to get her to stop.

You've got it all worked out then. Well done Sherlock.

And tying this in to a drunk woman who thought you were hansum.......just weird, but good to imply all Thai girls - even doctors (and your lawyers and judges) - are nutters and must be wrong.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Exactly. It's amazing how all the white knights here immediately assume her side of the story is true. From the satellite photo (google maps) it's clear this is not a beach and the women were knowingly walking through back yards. There are clearly two No Tresspassing signs on both sides of the stairs - they just didn't care. So she already lied about not knowing she was tresspassing - the "poor me didn't know" act is after-the-fact to gather sympathy for her "cause" (what cause is that? legally speaking she's the one who broke the law). As far as the assault goes, it was probably just a push, which is uncalled for - but hardly "assault". If he actually hit or kicked her she would've definitely included that in her version of events. Also a nice touch implying he was fat/obese - as if that bears any relevance other than trying to portray him as the villian. As for what he or his wife said - she probably is making a lot of it up.

I've met a lot of female Thai doctors, lawyers, judges, and others in such professions - while sure a lot of them can be sweethearts, many are also incredibly entitled - especially when drunk. I've seen such women be incredibly pushy, sexually harass me and others, stubbornly continue to hit on me despite having clearly indicated I am not interested, etc. This type of woman assumes she is above the rest and does not take no for an answer. And that's what likely happened here - they were told to move, and instead of moving they stubbornly stayed there which escalated the situation.

Just the other night ran into such a beast - she was at the table next to mine very drunk and very provocative, at some point she comes over and introduces herself while spilling half her drink on my leg. I reached out to get some paper towels and when she realized what happened she lowered her face towards my leg/groin, overtly licked her lips, and asked "can I help you?". I refused politely and dried it off, but she kept doing it over and over again and licking her lips throughout and get more and more touchy. Eventually I told her "my girlfriend works in this club" hoping she'd take the hint - no such luck - she kept going. I had to tell her 5 times I have a girlfriend and eventually physically move away and move tables to get her to stop.

Try again:

"The Thalang Administrative Office (TAO) conducted a further investigation at the villa today, February 29. According to the TAO, the steps were constructed on the public beach without permission so they have ordered a real estate developer to remove the steps within three days."

You're just full of xxit, aren't you?

6 hours ago, bradiston said:

Ok, a possibility, because of their proximity to the beach. If somebody can just wander from the beach, unknowingly onto the steps to rest, where's the demarcation? Is this their private access to the beach? Just a lot of nimby nonsense. And he's renting! It's not even his property, is it? The owner might object, but he's claiming his monthly 1m THB rent is greatly devalued if people sit on the steps. Talk to the owner. The renter has no jurisdiction. Ask for a discount! But don't start attacking innocent people. Maybe it comes with the territory. Maybe it's happened before. Maybe it happens all the time. Yeah, in all probability, this man's a moron.

Seems my instincts were right:

"The Thalang Administrative Office (TAO) conducted a further investigation at the villa today, February 29. According to the TAO, the steps were constructed on the public beach without permission so they have ordered a real estate developer to remove the steps within three days."

Get outta here!

50 minutes ago, Sigmund said:

Some locals also do have a sort of sense of entitlement in taking other peoples property or boundries for granted.

But it seems more satisfying to rant against a Swiss guy who is rich and has a big property.

Finally, signs do not help in Thailand. Only a high rise secured fence keeps the unwanted at bay.

Rent? Thought it said 100k a month

• Thanks 1