Samui Immigration and Income Affidavit

Good afternoon,

Wondering if anyone currently used the income affidavit from their embassy for marriage or retirement visa with Samui immigration or whether or not they accept it.

My previous province IO has allowed it the past decade but have just moved and curious if Samui immigration accepts it.

Cheers,

Stan

Samui Immigration accepts income affidavit according to their list of documents for extension of stay, both based on marriage and retirement.

You might find more about it the pinned thread in the local Samui-forum, link here is for the last page...

The scan hereunder is the documents required for extension of stay based on marriage at Samui Immigration – document collected in the office yesterday,  March 1st 2024 – set 2 is the same in Thai language for the wife to read...

2024_Marriage-extension.thumb.jpg.b5a76e469fdfa041b3212b8e0a05b5a4.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, khunPer said:

Samui Immigration accepts income affidavit according to their list of documents for extension of stay, both based on marriage and retirement.

You might find more about it the pinned thread in the local Samui-forum, link here is for the last page...

The scan hereunder is the documents required for extension of stay based on marriage at Samui Immigration – document collected in the office yesterday,  March 1st 2024 – set 2 is the same in Thai language for the wife to read...

2024_Marriage-extension.thumb.jpg.b5a76e469fdfa041b3212b8e0a05b5a4.jpg

That's great, truly appreciate your help and provided links.  Im getting close to my renewal and I just wanted to make sure I did not need to start looking at dumping a lump sum or transferring money in monthly and getting the bank statement about that.

The affidavit is easier and more familiar for me to work with at this point.

thanks again!

-- Stan

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

@khunPer ,

Despite the last question I decided to go with the 400k for 2 months. Excuse the basic question but are you familiar with the requirements and 400k in the bank, if so what is the required Bank Certificate.  e.g.

1. Bank certificate with the balance of 400,000+ THB (showing the past 2 months have not less than 400,000 THB) (valid for 7 days
  2. statement for 2 months carlier, update the bank book to current day and the photocopy of the bank book

Is that a copy of my bank book showing that, or is there a specific document one must request from the bank branch itself?  IS there anything else samui immigration looks for in that?

12 minutes ago, oldmanstan said:

@khunPer ,

Despite the last question I decided to go with the 400k for 2 months. Excuse the basic question but are you familiar with the requirements and 400k in the bank, if so what is the required Bank Certificate.  e.g.

1. Bank certificate with the balance of 400,000+ THB (showing the past 2 months have not less than 400,000 THB) (valid for 7 days
  2. statement for 2 months carlier, update the bank book to current day and the photocopy of the bank book

Is that a copy of my bank book showing that, or is there a specific document one must request from the bank branch itself?  IS there anything else samui immigration looks for in that?

This is a rather confusing post.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, oldmanstan said:

Despite the last question I decided to go with the 400k for 2 months. Excuse the basic question but are you familiar with the requirements and 400k in the bank, if so what is the required Bank Certificate.

Using funds in bank method you would require 400k in bank seasoned for 2 months prior to application and maintain that for the under consideration period.

After that the funds can be used.

Regards the "bank certificate" that is simply a statement from bank that you are the owner of the account.

Best to obtain that on day of application (if possible) also make small transaction to show activity. 

Your bank book should be sufficient to show the seasoning of the funds.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Using funds in bank method you would require 400k in bank seasoned for 2 months prior to application and maintain that for the under consideration period.

Regards the "bank certificate" that is simply a statement from bank that you are the owner of the account.

Best to obtain that on day of application (if possible) also make small transaction to show activity. 

Thank you @DrJack54 . I have seasoned the money for 3 monthsI just wasn't sure about the 'bank certificate' part of the requirements.  And after searching the forum a bit more I found example letters which you provided.  Appreciate it, love this forum for the help and knowledge.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, oldmanstan said:

@khunPer ,

You need a bank statement confirming that the 400k baht has been in deposit at least two month before you apply for the extension of stay. Most banks branches on Samui gives to my experience and knowledge a three month statement, when issuing the mandatory confirmation letter of fund in your bank account.

Samui Immigration wants photocopies of all pages in a bankbook, name page and all pages with transactions, until last and recent update; even that they don't clearly says that in the document.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Please see my answer concerning Samui Immigration, they can be little special difficult in some matters and don't always follow general rules.

14 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Please see my answer concerning Samui Immigration, they can be little special difficult in some matters and don't always follow general rules.

Seems various immigration offices have moved towards requiring bank statements.

This happened to me last extension at CW. 

I had couple of months with zero activity. They wanted me to provide 12 month bank statement.

Fortunately Kasikorn could that on the spot. BBL cannot. 

Dial me up an agent! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

You need a bank statement confirming that the 400k baht has been in deposit at least two month before you apply for the extension of stay. Most banks branches on Samui gives to my experience and knowledge a three month statement, when issuing the mandatory confirmation letter of fund in your bank account.

Samui Immigration wants photocopies of all pages in a bankbook, name page and all pages with transactions, until last and recent update; even that they don't clearly says that in the document.

Thanks for the reply, and thats why I wanted to ask just to make sure im not left with any surprises (which Im sure there will still be).  Does it matter if all of these are done the day before? or they have to be made the day of ? 

Last question ( I hope), is there a need for Witness?  Up north where I was before, we had to bring same witness every year to immigration

4 minutes ago, oldmanstan said:

Does it matter if all of these are done the day before? or they have to be made the day of ? 

Can be obtained prior to day of application 

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Please check with Samui Immigration rules before replying in this thread, for marriage-extension of stay it needs to be "update the bank book to current day".

Samui Immigration has slightly different requirements for retirement-extension of stay and marriage-extension of stay. For retirement bankbook – and thereby photo copies – needs to be updated "on the same day" as application (2024 rules)...

image.thumb.png.27dd4d7e063ba6119bfbfecdd4d6da94.png

For marriage-extension of stay the requirements don't mention "same day" but says "update the bank book to current day", which could be understand as the day of application (2024 rules)...

image.thumb.jpeg.b210c1c7ab9c84214ae3b83f5ebf3a02.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldmanstan said:
16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Cheers, good to know.

Might not be correct answer, see Samui Immigration rules in above post.

16 hours ago, oldmanstan said:

Thanks for the reply, and thats why I wanted to ask just to make sure im not left with any surprises (which Im sure there will still be).  Does it matter if all of these are done the day before? or they have to be made the day of ? 

Last question ( I hope), is there a need for Witness?  Up north where I was before, we had to bring same witness every year to immigration

You can find Samui immigration's requirement in the post above. Bank Books might need to be updates same day and photo copies also.

The STM2 document will be given to you when asking for TM7 – you shall use the TM7 from Samui Immigration, they don't accept download versions – and note that they asks for 2 signed sets of photocopies.

The list is also available in Thai language – that's why it says "2 sets" on top – so a spouse also can read it...

image.thumb.jpeg.642a9e20021d15603f6fc972ecf4e48b.jpeg

I'm on retirement-extension of stay, so I have no direct experience with marriage extension-of-stay, but if you have any questions about maps, feel free to ask. There are also examples in the now quite long pinned thread "An Idiots Guide to the Retirement Extension process at Samui Immigration Office".

18 minutes ago, khunPer said:

For retirement bankbook – and thereby photo copies – needs to be updated "on the same day" as application (2024 rules)...

I was not referring to bankbook update.

I was referring to "bank letter".

Bank letter can be obtained prior to day of application. If that's not the case in Samui then fine. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I was not referring to bankbook update.

I was referring to "bank letter".

Bank letter can be obtained prior to day of application. If that's not the case in Samui then fine. 

And that is what I was trying to figure out, as I was wanting to visit the bank for the bank letter / 3 month statement the day before, but assuming I can do the passbook update on the machine on the day of (lets say 7am), versus waiting for the bank to open at 10am.

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

The STM2 document will be given to you when asking for TM7 – you shall use the TM7 from Samui Immigration, they don't accept download versions – and note that they asks for 2 signed sets of photocopies.

Ok, Im glad you mentioned as I had seen on the previous thread there was a TM7 download, but I guess thats a no go 🙂

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

I'm on retirement-extension of stay, so I have no direct experience with marriage extension-of-stay, but if you have any questions about maps, feel free to ask. There are also examples in the now quite long pinned thread "An Idiots Guide to the Retirement Extension process at Samui Immigration Office".

Not a problem you've been plenty of help now and previously.  As mentioned I just want to try and make this as headache free as possible, up north I was in and out of immigration in about an hour if everything was provided as they knew me, but moving to Samui the process while similar obviously has a few important differences.

I should be okay with my map(s), but ill have a browse through that thread as well. 

Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oldmanstan said:

And that is what I was trying to figure out, as I was wanting to visit the bank for the bank letter / 3 month statement the day before, but assuming I can do the passbook update on the machine on the day of (lets say 7am), versus waiting for the bank to open at 10am.

Read the requirements, bank-certificate is valid for 7 days.

Machine update of bank book is depending of bank and type of account; in some cases you need a deposit for an update. You can try to see what happens with your bank book if you update in an ATM before. You can for example deposit 100 baht in an ATM with both deposit and bank book update facility.