long term car rental options

Question: 

what the best long term car rental, leasing option? I prefer a new car or a 2-3years old used car.

I have looked at car subscriptions but i am looking for more luxury car brands if possible.

also I am looking for best long term car rental.

my current condition: 

1. I have recently gotten my work permit and i am living in Thailand (Less than one month ago). 
  2. My income from my company based in Australia is 80,000Baht a month. I can increase my salary as well. 
  3. I can put down payment of 50% or more but i prefer least amount or no down payment.
  4. i dont have thai guarantor 

last question: 

any suggestions about how and where I can hire a Chauffeur? whats the average salary? what are the work conditions? 
I can hire through my company as well. 

I haven't seen yearly rates, only monthly rates. In Chiang Mai and Udon Thani you can get some good deals. I'm sure if you signed up for 12 months they would give you the best rate. 

6 minutes ago, expat202 said:

Question: 

what the best long term car rental, leasing option? I prefer a new car or a 2-3years old used car.

I have looked at car subscriptions but i am looking for more luxury car brands if possible.

also I am looking for best long term car rental.

my current condition: 

1. I have recently gotten my work permit and i am living in Thailand (Less than one month ago). 
  2. My income from my company based in Australia is 80,000Baht a month. I can increase my salary as well. 
  3. I can put down payment of 50% or more but i prefer least amount or no down payment.
  4. i dont have thai guarantor 

last question: 

any suggestions about how and where I can hire a Chauffeur? whats the average salary? what are the work conditions? 
I can hire through my company as well. 

Are you looking to rent or buy ??...   

The header of your question implies you want to rent, but your question about putting down 50% implies you want to buy.

Thus: 

1) A Toyota Fortuna on a per-month rental basis will cost you anywhere from about 35,000 to 55,000 per month - there are plenty of websites for that - A BMW 3 Series or X1 will set you back about 80,000 baht per month.

2) Purchasing a car - once you have worked and have 6 months statement (of payment into Thailand) you may quality for finance with a <40% downpayment on a car - the kicker here is that its likely you'll be asked for a Thai Guarantoor.

3) Hiring a Chauffeur - You could, but usually you provide the car and they drive it on agreed terms (hours) for about 14,000 to 30,000 baht per month - If you want a driver that also comes with there own car, you are perhaps looking at a privateer with whom you can make a long term agreement.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are you looking to rent or buy ??...   

The header of your question implies you want to rent, but your question about putting down 50% implies you want to buy.

Thus: 

1) A Toyota Fortuna on a per-month rental basis will cost you anywhere from about 35,000 to 55,000 per month - there are plenty of websites for that - A BMW 3 Series or X1 will set you back about 80,000 baht per month.

2) Purchasing a car - once you have worked and have 6 months statement (of payment into Thailand) you may quality for finance with a <40% downpayment on a car - the kicker here is that its likely you'll be asked for a Thai Guarantoor.

3) Hiring a Chauffeur - You could, but usually you provide the car and they drive it on agreed terms (hours) for about 14,000 to 30,000 baht per month - If you want a driver that also comes with there own car, you are perhaps looking at a privateer with whom you can make a long term agreement.

how can i find a guanratoor? can i pay for one ? 

if i go with purchase option, i have read that i should open a credit card to build up some credit here, so i just put 100K in the bank here and get a CC with like 10-15k limit? then whats the best way to build up credit? what do you recommend is the best option. cars i want to buy are about 3-4M+ 

3 minutes ago, expat202 said:

if i go with purchase option, i have read that i should open a credit card to build up some credit here, so i just put 100K in the bank here and get a CC with like 10-15k limit? then whats the best way to build up credit? what do you recommend is the best option. cars i want to buy are about 3-4M+ 

Talk to your bank re a credit card.

I am with Krungsri Bank and obtained a credit card when I had no credit history.

I asked for a credit limit of 80,000 THB (I only really use it for flights) and they 'freeze' 120,000 baht in my account to cover it.

Also, talk to some of the larger car rental companies. Most will do it  - for a price.

This search pulled up a few.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=one+year+car+rental+in+thailand&atb=v352-1&ia=web

18 minutes ago, expat202 said:

A guarantor is someone who'll take financial responsibility for payments on the vehcile if you default. 

How to find a guarantor - you'll need a Thai friends who trusts you.

Its possible there are agents who may take you though this route, but I'd be very conscious of this as there has to be something in it for them.

As far as credit cards are concerned - thats also a difficult issue. The best you may be able to achieve is a secured card i.e. its a credit card but the limit is less than you have placed in deposit - I dont know how this impacts your credit score though.

To purchase a 3-4 Million baht car - you'll need anywhere from a 1.2 MB to 2.0 MB deposit. 

Best option to purchase a car worth 3-4 MB here...  Build up an income history with regularly month Income (i.e. of 100,000 baht or more)... i.e. more than 6 months.   Have a letter of contract from your company (highlighting employment / contract and rates / income). 

Approach a car dealership of the brand you are interested in - With a Work Permit, a 50% deposit, over 6 months of good income, a contract, then its possible a Thai finance company may take you on.

Alternatively, instead of putting 2 MB down payment on a car, just buy a car for 2 MB and if it has to be a 'Euro-lux' brand choose one thats a few years old and has dropped a decent amount already, or get a Japanese car. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I know of a small rental company that does long-term rentals.   Nong:   nongthatphon11 AT gmail.com

Not sure if they deal in the 3-4 mio THB type cars, I think mostly Toyota and Honda models.

Edited by Rimmer
email address edited per forum rules