How smart are you really?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, transam said:

Thankfully.............:w00t:

Why would you be thankful you are not smart enough to be Golden Key worthy?

Nice certificate (had to cut in half to remove my name)

Screenshot_20240306_201835_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240306_201910_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why would you be thankfull you are not smart enough to be Golden Key worthy?

Could anyone trust a bloke who never had sex with that woman............?  😂

As for being smart enough, I don't know, but I have known quite a few "Masons" in my time, and am glad I was smart enough not to get involved...😉

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Anyway, I said it could be alcohol related in OP, I think confirmed I'm missing a few brain functions now (took way too long to remove name from certificate)

Edited by Pattaya57

On 3/5/2024 at 11:33 AM, Pattaya57 said:

I was pretty average at school probably because my "poor uneducated" parents never made me do homework. I also cruised through my air force apprenticeship just doing what I had to because I didn't know bette

Yep, I was also very average at school, you could say below average as I just wasn't interested, and home work, never got any of that, straight after school would go to the local Caltex petrol station were I would work from 4pm to 9pm 5 days a week, just so that I could buy me some nice clothes and go out with my friends on the weekends dancing as my parents were mostly workers and seldom home to make ends meet. The typical western life today, nothings changed.

On 3/5/2024 at 11:33 AM, Pattaya57 said:

Then went to uni on engineering degree and recieved best student of the year, then got Golden Key Honours Society for supposedly best 15% of academic performance on the planet. Then got Masters degree and retired rich at 52

I left school at the end of year 10 at the age of 16 and did various jobs till I landed a (secure) government job were I stayed for 10 years as a relief, so I got to travel around the state a lot to cover positions where people were taking annual leave, long service leave etc. It was fun, but I needed something more, I then I entered into real estate when I was 28, and did 2 separate night time courses, 3 nights a week for 3 years each to get my Diploma's, it was a struggle, but had support from friends that I met along the way throughout the courses.

I also drove taxi's on weekends for extra cash to help me service my investments that I purchased (real estate). So in the end, I achieved what I wanted to achieve, a 6 figure salary to help me service my investments which helped me retire at 55 and now earn a comfortable tax free income living here. To this day, my friends back home who are still working to survive are constantly complaining, they have all been here, but don't have the means to make it as they only worked to survive, sad really. Moral of the story, invest, invest, invest so as to reap the rewards.

Never considered myself to be smart, albeit I do consider myself to be street smart and if there is one thing that I have learned from all the work & studying that I did, is that salaries are for survival only, i.e. unless you invest in either real estate and or shares, or both or some other form of other investment, you will end up on the age pension counting your pennies vs having more, to do the things you want in life.

The above said, I have known people with different degree's, however they lacked experience at the coal face, and to me those people that I have met, I consider not to be smart at all when it comes to being able to do things outside the book, there personalities were also bland, they also didn't look for or wanted to know how to invest, suffice to say, if one is able to adapt to all sorts of environments, take the leap, while having a good time and a having a laugh along the way, while also having good social skills and wanting to learn other things, life can be easier in the long run. 

Would I do things differently if I had to do it over again, you can bet your left one on that, and would have retired earlier as life's too short.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thumbs Up 1

I remember some years ago, a CEO started the company's first meeting with the people he hired by saying "If I have done my job right, I'm the dumbest person in this room". That is a sign of real intelligence.

1 minute ago, bunnydrops said:

I remember some years ago, a CEO started the company's first meeting with the people he hired by saying "If I have done my job right, I'm the dumbest person in this room". That is a sign of real intelligence.

Or the most ridiculous statement ever by a CEO who should be smarter than everyone else to land the CEO Job?

On 3/5/2024 at 7:33 AM, Pattaya57 said:

I was pretty average at school probably because my "poor uneducated" parents never made me do homework. I also cruised through my air force apprenticeship just doing what I had to because I didn't know better.

Then went to uni on engineering degree and recieved best student of the year, then got Golden Key Honours Society for supposedly best 15% of academic performance on the planet. Then got Masters degree and retired rich at 52

Now I'm posting on a forum that other posters continue to say my comments suck. I give up as to why so many people are supposedly now smarter than me?

Could be achohol related...

usually to be recognized as being smart by normal people requires having an IQ that is not too high, for example about 20 points higher than average, otherwise people perceive one as being arrogant and aloof.

2 minutes ago, tgw said:

usually to be recognized as being smart by normal people requires having an IQ that is not too high, for example about 20 points higher than average, otherwise people perceive one as being arrogant and aloof.

I've never had a formal IQ test but as a 14 year old testing for the Air Force they said I had the highest ever IQ score....hence always seen as arrogant like you say...wasn't though, just being me

• Thumbs Up 1

How smart do you really have to be to be me?

I mean, if even I can fall out of bed and do it?

But to play: got my BA by mail (like prison inmates do), got a Masters from NYU, where anyone with $$$ is admitted super-easily as long as they keep paying.

On 3/6/2024 at 7:06 PM, tgw said:

You don't need to have a high IQ to be perceived as arrogant, and someone in this thread has proven that on this forum numerous times since April last year

8 hours ago, BenStark said:

You don't need to have a high IQ to be perceived as arrogant, and someone in this thread has proven that on this forum numerous times since April last year

proof that the rule about more than 20 points difference applies.