Swiss retiree’s brutal attack on Thai woman sparks outcry in Trang

12 minutes ago, giddyup said:

So he beats her up, she retaliates, he comes back to beat he some more, and she acted poorly?

- She left her trolley blocking the aisle. 

- He moved it.

- She confronted him and accused him of being impolite.

So far, it's only her who is wrong (×2)

- Then, he attacks her and walks away.

He is obviously wrong here to escalate it and to such a violent degree.

- She throws a bottle at him in retaliation and then he goes back again and retaliates.

Both wrong at this point. They were basically having a fight together and I have no judgement. If they wanna fight, let them. 

But he shouldn't have started the violence to begin with, even though she started the confrontation. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Ultimately,  he is more wrong for escalating it to that level. 

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, rudi49jr said:

Judging by many of your posts, pedantic obnoxiousness seems to be your go-to reaction.

And no, English is not my first language, it’s Dutch. Is your Dutch good enough to post on a Dutch language forum?

That explains your attitude then.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, FruitPudding said:

- He moved it.

So far, it's only her who is wrong so far (×2)

- She throws a bottle at him in retaliation and then he goes back again and retaliates.

Both wrong at this point. They were basically having a fight together and I have no judgement. If they wanna fight, let them. 

But he shouldn't have started the violence to begin with, even though she started the confrontation. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Sounds about right but he's a man. Men should not hit women. He should have just used a few words.

2 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Sounds about right but he's a man. Men should not hit women. He should have just used a few words.

Well, that's a little old fashioned.

Would it be OK for him to hit a man under the same circumstances?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Well it sure has been a bad week for the Swiss. What rocks are these creeps crawling out from under? Most Swiss I'm know are quite decent people. Why is it that people just can't show some respect for the local people? Who beats up an older woman, who beats up any woman? Who are these people?

Let us hope that he gets pretty significant punishment for this barbaric act, and it acts as a deterrent to thwart the  actions of fools in the future. 

• Agree 2

Just now, FruitPudding said:

Well, that's a little old fashioned.

Would it be OK for him to hit a man under the same circumstances?

No but it's better than hitting some tiny woman. Better to just say "lowlife" or whatever and walk away. Using violence now makes him a lowlife.

11 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

- He moved it.

So far, it's only her who is wrong (×2)

What would you do?

Just now, spidermike007 said:

Why is it that people just can't show some respect for the local people?

Respect is in short supply in Thailand.

They are very passively disrespectful in general. 

Who beats up an older woman, who beats up any woman? Who are these people?

Well, I've never beaten up anyone, but we don't have to make this about male and female.

Women are not special creatures.

And the guy himself is old too.

Let us hope that he gets pretty significant punishment for this barbaric act, and it acts as a deterrent to thwart the  actions of fools in the future. 

I am sure a lynch party is on it's way.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, HarryWho said:

Release both of these guys, and let the Thai people take care of them.  Problem solved.  No time and money wasted on investigations, charges, deportation.

What about the Thais who kill people on the roads? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Why do some European men feel the need to hit a woman? If someone bumped into me, I'd apologize because it was probably my fault. If it wasn't, the apology will smooth things over. The man shouldn't despair though because he will lose his fat stomach while in jail. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

although i often am the devil's advocate, in this case the guy deserves to do time. we complain when migrants commit crimes back home, but we need to remember that we are guests here. this guy beat up a woman... 

and yes indeed, let's hope that one day justice is blind and all get punished the same according to the law... thaksin comes to mind

That's one thing that will Never happen. Money Talks, 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Let's hope the Thai woman who hit and run killed a 73 year old Swiss tourist in Pattaya last night gets similar attention.

Agreed...     Are you refering to this; on Feb 26 - or was there another incidient of a 73 year old being hit on Thailands roads ?? 

Swiss cyclist killed in hit and Run....

I completely agree...  Death by Dangerous Driving - the charges should most definitely be severe. 

But also, this Swiss attacker needs to be charged with Aggravated Assault.... 

Not defending the swiss-man in the slightest... But I have a leg injury and am in and out of the hospital a lot, when there I'm put into a wheel chair for ease of getting around from room to room etc...  

On every visit so far I've had to shout 'STOP'...  at someone who's waling while watching their phone and about walk into me (which would hurt me a lot)...  So, I have some sympathy at those who get annoyed with people repeatedly bumping into them through no other reason than carelessness.... (and my Wife is just as bad...   unaware of surroundings, she'll be deep in conversation with someone stood right in everyones way...  then point to something in the middle of a conversation and nearly poke a passerby's eye)....

So... For sure 100% against the Swiss guy for this deplorable attack...  But also point out that a lot of people could be more careful and have greater regard for their surroundings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed...     Are you refering to this; on Feb 26 - or was there another incidient of a 73 year old being hit on Thailands roads ?? 

Swiss cyclist killed in hit and Run....

I completely agree...  Death by Dangerous Driving - the charges should most definitely be severe. 

But also, this Swiss attacker needs to be charged with Aggravated Assault.... 

Not defending the swiss-man in the slightest... But I have a leg injury and am in and out of the hospital a lot, when there I'm put into a wheel chair for ease of getting around from room to room etc...  

On every visit so far I've had to shout 'STOP'...  at someone who's waling while watching their phone and about walk into me (which would hurt me a lot)...  So, I have some sympathy at those who get annoyed with people repeatedly bumping into them through no other reason than carelessness.... (and my Wife is just as bad...   unaware of surroundings, she'll be deep in conversation with someone stood right in everyones way...  then point to something in the middle of a conversation and nearly poke a passerby's eye)....

So... For sure 100% against the Swiss guy for this deplorable attack...  But also point out that a lot of people could be more careful and have greater regard for their surroundings.

10 years jail

3 months jail for the shopping centre guy

6 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Another Swiss, and here on retirement? If there is a crackdown on long-term visas soon, what are the odds that we have to thank those two perpetrators and the highly publicised incidents?

"Another" Swiss? Really? How many acts of violence against Thai women have there been over the last 10 - 20 years? Probably at least 2 of them were Swiss. Whoopee. That means nothing. And how many British. And Russian. And Indian. And Chinese. Are you saying that Switzerland will be seen as a breeding ground for violent offenders just because of two incidents? That distinction clearly belongs to Americans and their 2nd amendment wackos. . Seems like Aussies have a pretty good criminal history here, and the Chinese mafia, but you think just a couple Swiss guys are going to bring immigration to bear against law abiding retirees? And how many offenders were tourists, how many were retirees, how many had marriage visas and beat on their Thai wives? Did you bother to check? Or do you have no need for facts to support your comments?  So, to follow your logic then, you think that immigration will look at a handful of incidents pertaining to retirees, compared to hundreds and hundreds of acts of violence against women that have nothing to do with retirees, and they will conclude that it's necessary to "crack down" on long term visas? Crack down how? Make them fill out a form promising not to beat on Thai ladies? Take a psychological profile test for psychopaths? I don't know how long you've been here but you have a poor grasp of how immigration actually thinks and works. These crimes have been here ever since Thailand became Thailand and not Siam. Thai immigration and law enforcement have a pretty good handle on what's going on and what can be done about it. You can never prevent the crimes, only prosecute them after the fact, same as in every country. So, to answer your rather absurd question, the odds of anything happening because of two Swiss guys is basically 0. Are you from the UK? UK guys love to complain about Thailand even though it's a hundred times better here than where they came from. You know what your problem is? (pretend I'm your psychiatrist) You overdramatize because you enjoy it, you jump to conclusions based on your prejudices and limited observations of very few actual facts, not based on the big picture, then you want to sound smarter than you are, when in fact the opposite happens. It's not hard to actually research topics before you comment.  And it's never too late to go back to school, I hear the schools here are quite good. 

Edited by Jonathan Swift
  • Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You don't think she should, then? @BritManToo made a perfectly valid comment.

She should get similar attention yes, but in another thread, using “ whataboutery “ here only dilutes the severity of this incident.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1