Swiss retiree’s brutal attack on Thai woman sparks outcry in Trang

Another swiss guy comitting brutal acts of violence against a defenceless woman. My personal experiences with swiss expats here have been mixed, slightly on the negative side, moneygrubbers etc. But nothing violent so far. Guess these cowards only do that to women..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Would point out

Swiss man age 60

Thai woman age 58

Nobody hit an older woman!

58 is an older woman, in my opinion. Quite old. LOL. And a man hitting a woman under any circumstances is cowardly, ugly, gross, and unmanly.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

'whataboutsim'....   I think you are missing the point of the comments.... 

No one is condoning the attack, everyone is condemning the behaviour of the swiss attacker. 

BUT.... what is being brought into question is the the measure of equality in the charges and penalties...   It seems to be the more 'experienced forum members who've clearly been here a long time and are cynical of dual-penalties....

....and perhaps rightly so... If this were a Thai guy who attacked the woman, what type of charges and penalty would expect to see ??

Do any of us expect the Swiss Man's charges and penalty to be the same ???? 

I hope they throw the book at him.... and my cynicism suggests they will, but if it were a Thai guy the outrage would be less, the media coverage a lot less.... and quite likely the penalty rather paltry.....

I would expect the Thai person to be thrown in prison, but it depends on the wealth of the attacker. If it's a poor Thai they might even get harsher punishment with longer lockup time, but if they're wealthy they can afford better lawyer and might get off lighter. That's just the realities of adversarial justice systems. With a foreign convict, again it depends on the wealth, but theres the added dimension of deportation, but that's true of any crime commited by non-natives in countries not their own. As for the media outrage part, it depends if the media picked it up to begin with, Thai are some of the most active on their social media so I would expect outrage, but it would be directed more at the individual since there's no option to deport.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, theblether said:

n my opinion those of us who lived in Thailand during the covid period were the luckiest people on earth. We didn't endure being locked away for months on end.

I miss Thailand under Covid. The good ole days. 

• Like 2

Over the years many cases,1 were the thai woman was at fault driving  went to court too.The farang wanted the bills covered,the lady involved  transferred her assets to family,after do u have money no.All assets were transferred from the accident date so when the court  ask she paid nothing.He knew what happened but nothing he can do and the thai woman laughing after the court case.Other way round the farang is in trouble  and pay whatever.

My friend had  a bike accident he admited it  his fault so he paid everything.Would have being cheaper to buy her a new scooter than fix it with what she said was wrong with it.She milked it to the max and she knew it like my friend

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

She uses a walking frame to walk along the beach with ???..   :whistling:

You stupid idiot this story is about TRANG in a supermarket.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:
13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

She uses a walking frame to walk along the beach with ???..   :whistling:

You stupid idiot this story is about TRANG in a supermarket.

Fair enough - stupid idiot I am (wrong story of western man attacking Thai woman)...    there's too many overlapping stories of Older Western ayholes attacking people recently.

1) Swiss man attacking Woman sat on his steps, becasue she's sat on his (rented) steps.

2) Brit throws class at woman in pet friendly cafe because her dog was yapping.

3) Swiss man attacking Woman because she bumped into him.

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Fair enough - stupid idiot I am (wrong story of western man attacking Thai woman)...    there's too many overlapping stories of Older Western ayholes attacking people recently.

1) Swiss man attacking Woman sat on his steps, becasue she's sat on his (rented) steps.

2) Brit throws class at woman in pet friendly cafe because her dog was yapping.

3) Swiss man attacking Woman because she bumped into him.

Do try to keep up. I also read on BP he hit her 20 times! 

On 3/6/2024 at 7:16 AM, BritManToo said:

Let's hope the Thai woman who hit and run killed a 73 year old Swiss tourist in Pattaya last night gets similar attention.

Obviously hit and run is a crime, but there is no mention that the collision was intentional in any report I have seen.

So not really similar to this insane and intentional attack.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

Obviously hit and run is a crime, but there is no mention that the collision was intentional in any report I have seen.

So not really similar to this insane and intentional attack.

The Pom is desparate to share his woe betides, shame he cant just harden up and admit what caused his fracas! 

According to the Bangkokpost this Swiss man has refused any contact with the Swiss embassy and his family and also to pay the 50,000 THB bail that his partner brought to the police and wants to go to prison.

It is very likely from his behaviour that this person is more of a psychiatric case.

23 minutes ago, stix40 said:

Switzerland taking front stage at the moment.

Maybe their toblerone have been spiked ? 

Well done for being the 27th person in this thread to make a similar Toblerone "joke".

Thank you ☺️ well what else are they famous for cuckoo clocks .

Very bland country .

Edited by stix40
  • Confused 1

On 3/6/2024 at 1:42 PM, alex8912 said:

Cherry picked articles come to mind. There are so many nice foreign folks doing some great things here in Thailand. I think those stories would still get some good clicks here. 

Agree with you. I have rarely seen a nasty Westerner in Thailand in all my 38 years. A  few drunks, a few idiots , a few delusional yes, like all over the world. And I don’t hang around where crooks/ thieves/ or criminals are likely to be.  I always remember arriving in Patong, years back, and my French neighbour warned me off a French bar I’d mentioned. There are always a few , everywhere , just avoid. I was very proud of us foreigners during the Tsunami, and also during Covid..Plenty doing good work in Thailand.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 4:36 PM, charleskerins said:

So what a woman is in the hospital after being attacked by a man?  I find you guilty of being a Neanderthal.  

The only neanderthal is he who does NOT know the full story, and draws conclusions from the Thai press, who do NOT investigate whether the story is true or false, have we even seen a photo, of the alledged victim... I haven't, and who's to say she din't fall over... assumptions... lol

• Confused 1

On 3/6/2024 at 9:35 PM, josephbloggs said:

In this case please explain how he isn't. He attacked her (dozens of witnesses). She is old, she has a broken nose and facial injuries, there are pictures of her with severe injuries and blood everywhere. He doesn't have a scratch on him.

So please tell me why we shouldn't think he is guilty.

I am truly almost done with this forum. So many disgusting, Thai hating, misogynistic losers, and they are allowed to post freely. 

Mate, I hope you are not accusing me of being a Thai "hater," all I am saying is we do not have the whole story.. if the guy is in fact guilty, throw the book at him, but far too often we see post, on here condemning the farang, simply because he is a farang, and some just seem to see that Thais can do NOTHING wrong, which is wrong... very wrong... open your closed eyes.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 4:19 AM, RandiRona said:

There are lot of witnesses who saw him assaulting that poor woman. Regardless of how event took place, violence is unacceptable. I am sure you would agree with that.

and we also know Thais stick together... however, if the guy is found guilty, lock him up, then after he has spent his sentence, deport him.

33 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

The only neanderthal is he who does NOT know the full story, and draws conclusions from the Thai press, who do NOT investigate whether the story is true or false, have we even seen a photo, of the alledged victim... I haven't, and who's to say she din't fall over... assumptions... lol

What bad luck to fall over like that.

swiss-trang3.jpg