Who Is Really in Charge In Thailand?

webfact

4 hours ago, zhounan said:

Probably the Sino-Thai clans the own most of Thailand economy.

No probability about it - they are in control as such and will be for a long time to come.

IMO Thaksin is and will be 'influencing' things for a few more years, but Srettha will be replaced as PM by Yingluck Shinawatra (Thaksin's Sister) after she returns to Thailand.   

The guy has already been a crook, his whole life he he stole billions of dollars from Thailand. He leaves the country for 15 years. He comes back to a heroes, welcoming no jail time and a few more months I have a sister back it’s unbelievable TIT.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, bob smith said:

There’s only one person truly in charge in Thailand.

Though that person is most definitely not in that photograph.

bob.

bob is in charge?

• Haha 1

You shouldn't have to ask that. 

Thepthai said Yingluck who had allegedly quietly pushed for last year’s successful naming of real estate tycoon Srettha Thavisin as head of a post-election government would probably wait until after that date in August so her brother would manipulate to bring her back home as had been the case of his own.

Everything is Clear  now.     Not Clean

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Ridiculous. How can someone run away from a conviction, returning after 15 years as a wanted criminal to supposed imprisonment, step straight back into the top job in town?

MAFIA  !
You're either IN the know or don't NEED to know  !

15 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Uhm, the Thai Constitution is quite clear on this question.

Chapter 1, Sections 2 & 3.

Anyone in the military who has guns, tanks and other soldiers behind him.

On 3/6/2024 at 6:21 AM, TroubleandGrumpy said:

No probability about it - they are in control as such and will be for a long time to come.

IMO Thaksin is and will be 'influencing' things for a few more years, but Srettha will be replaced as PM by Yingluck Shinawatra (Thaksin's Sister) after she returns to Thailand.   

Due to her warmth, good looks and charm, Yingluk was, and no doubt still, remains popular upcountry, but I wonder whether she's ambitious enough to want to be PM again.

Plus her lack of political experience, poor English and geography skills would mean more criticism on social media.

I'd expect Pheu Thai to use her more for boosting their image, campaigning during election time, etc 

But she may prefer a private life, after all Tony owes her a lot.

9 minutes ago, bannork said:

Due to her warmth, good looks and charm, Yingluk was, and no doubt still, remains popular upcountry, but I wonder whether she's ambitious enough to want to be PM again.

Plus her lack of political experience, poor English and geography skills would mean more criticism on social media.

I'd expect Pheu Thai to use her more for boosting their image, campaigning during election time, etc 

But she may prefer a private life, after all Tony owes her a lot.

Good points - no way I can disgaree with any of that. Indeed Thaksin may want Yingluck to return both to do as you say, and to guide/mentor his daughter to be come PM.  I guess we will soon find out - I am very sure she will be back here this year.