Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

4 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

It is probably the best review I've seen to date. Ozimoron posted the full link before he flounced off. There are no winners in this war - both sides have lost heavily and for decades to come.

The war isn't over yet , its too early to judge .

It could be a win for bother sides if Hamas are eliminated 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-03-11/momentum-shifting-toward-russia-in-ukraine-war-us-spies-warn?leadSource=reddit_wall

Hamas’s Persistence

Their joint report warned of the risk of regional escalation in the Israel-Hamas war. It said armed resistance to Israel by Hamas is likely to continue for years and “it is likely that the Gaza conflict will have a generational impact on terrorism,” they said. It was an implicit rejection of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s pledge that Israel’s current offensive will wipe out the group that’s considered a terrorist organization by the US and European Union.

The report said US spy agencies assess that “Iranian leaders did not orchestrate nor had foreknowledge of the Hamas attack against Israel” on Oct. 7 that sparked months of fighting.

The stated israeli objective of "destroying Hamas" is IMO a nonsense, and more likely just a cover story for a massive attack on Gaza.

As long as Palestinians exist the resistance to israel will exist, and this present conflict is the best recruiting tool Hamas could have wished for.

Even if Hamas vanished, another organisation to resist israeli oppression will take it's place.

No matter how the israelis control Palestinians inside the israeli, Gaza, West Bank borders, there are millions outside those borders that israel is unable to control.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

It is probably the best review I've seen to date. Ozimoron posted the full link before he flounced off. There are no winners in this war - both sides have lost heavily and for decades to come.

As I see it, post conflict, Gaza and the Palestinians in the West Bank go back to israeli oppression, so situation normal, but israel is taking a massive hit in world opinion, and IMO will never recover from it.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The stated israeli objective of "destroying Hamas" is IMO a nonsense, and more likely just a cover story for a massive attack on Gaza.

As long as Palestinians exist the resistance to israel will exist, and this present conflict is the best recruiting tool Hamas could have wished for.

Even if Hamas vanished, another organisation to resist israeli oppression will take it's place.

No matter how the israelis control Palestinians inside the israeli, Gaza, West Bank borders, there are millions outside those borders that israel is unable to control.

Another of your conspiracy theories brewing up, where do the hostages figure in this?

In the real world the IDF is also ensuring aid to northern Gaza regardless of the UN rants:

image.png.1ab4e3c9439ec126f4ff46d3477bfb73.png

https://twitter.com/EylonALevy/status/1767527319562858711

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 4:44 PM, beautifulthailand99 said:

For some reason my previous post seems to have gone missing, here it is in the Telegraph. Powerful stuff.

After winning Best International Feature Film for The Zone of Interest, British director Jonathan Glazer delivered one of the most overtly political speeches of the night, as he touched on Israel’s war against Hamas in the Gaza Strip.
The Zone of Interest director Jonathan Glazer said he refuted 'the Holocaust being hijacked'
Glazer, who is Jewish, said: “We stand here as men who refute their Jewishness and the Holocaust being hijacked by an occupation which has led to conflict for so many innocent people.” He continued: “Whether the victims of October 7th in Israel or the ongoing attack on Gaza, all the victims, this dehumanisation, how do we resist?”

“All our choices were made to reflect and confront us in the present – not to say, ‘Look what they did then,’ rather, ‘Look what we do now’,” he said of his film, which is based on a novel by the late Martin Amis and centres on a German officer’s family living next door to the Auschwitz death camp during the Second World War.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2024/03/10/oscars-2024-live-latest-updates/

Because he knows what about the situation in Gaza? Its a pity Ricky Gervais was not around this year: 

“Don't use this as a platform to make a political speech. You are in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. So come up, accept your little award and <deleted> off.”

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Only as long as Palestinians exist. If Israel and USA have their way, there will be none left. 

Bizarre how US are providing bombs and giving food parcels; boycott the USA, who could stop this slaughter today. 

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Only as long as Palestinians exist. If Israel and USA have their way, there will be none left. 

Bizarre how US are providing bombs and giving food parcels; boycott the USA, who could stop this slaughter today. 

Stop posting lies.

There is no intention of wiping out Palestinian Arabs. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If Palestinians would stop attacking Israel , then Israel would no longer need to control the Palestinians .

The Israeli "oppression" will stop, when the Palestinian aggression stops 

Hamas doing its best to stop the aid convoys reaching their destinations.............

Hamas-linked website warns Palestinians not to work with Israel'

GAZA, March 11 (Reuters) - A Hamas-linked website on Monday warned Palestinian individuals or groups against co-operating with Israel to provide security for aid convoys amid the five-month-old war in the Gaza Strip.
Those who did would be treated as collaborators and be handled with an iron fist, the Hamas Al-Majd security website said, quoting a security official in Palestinian militant forces.
The warning came in response to Israeli media reports that Israel was considering arming some Palestinian individuals or clans in Gaza to provide security protection for aid convoys into the besieged enclave as part of wider planning for humanitarian supplies after the fighting ends.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/hamas-linked-website-warns-palestinians-not-work-with-israel-2024-03-11/

• Thumbs Up 1

On the ceasefire, yesterdays Whitehouse Press Briefing

National Security Adviser Sullivan: 

“One of the things that I have found somewhat absent from the [media] coverage is that what we are talking about in the first phase is women, elderly, and wounded civilians. Those who would like to see a ceasefire in Gaza. A ceasefire is on the table today for six weeks to be built on into something more enduring if Hamas would simply release women, wounded, and elderly. And the fact that they will not do so says a lot to me about Hamas’s regard for innocent Palestinian civilians, the fact that they were holding on to those folks and refusing to release them, um and refusing to step up and say that we could get this ceasefire in place, which not only would bring calm to the fighting, but also would create an enormous opportunity to flow humanitarian assistance in in much greater quantities, because a significant part of the problem on the humanitarian assistance front, as you know, has not just been getting trucks into Gaza, but getting trucks around Gaza because it is difficult to move them in light of all of the fighting. Now we've also encouraged Israel to stay at the table. Stay engaged because we believe that there still is scope for this deal to get done.”

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2024/03/12/press-briefing-by-press-secretary-karine-jean-pierre-and-national-security-advisor-jake-sullivan-12/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Your conclusions is based on what you want to see. 

Hamas is a final product of everything that have happened in that erea. The post colonization, the hate based on the history and todays situation. 

Is that so complicated to understand? Cant understand you can defend anything of whats going on right now!

When accepting war crimes we become part of the problem! 

Your not getting this. Hamas's strategy has been to maximize civilian casualties throughout this war, they say so themselves! The opposite of the IDF.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Your not getting this. Hamas's strategy has been to maximize civilian casualties throughout this war, they say so themselves! The opposite of the IDF.

Wow the Hamas strategy seems  to really have really worked  more than 30,000 Palestinians dead all without them firing a single shot !!!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well, you are not getting the desperation leading up to this final conflict, as well the pressure in the region to do something.

I do not defend the action or Hamas, but understand how it became what we see today. 

Im okay if you, or anyone do not see, but Im sure I would had been fighting with everything I had if I was in their situation, born in that area. There is no way I would had accepted being supressed like that. At least I would had been one of those kids jailed by Israel, if not killed. I wouldnt survived long growing up there.

If I was born in Israel, I might had been like most Israelis, but Im not, Im not born any of those places, and can carefully choose what I believe based on non biased media (if possible, but close enough). 

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Fact. 

"Will we have to pay a price? Yes and we are willing to pay it, we are called a nation of martyrs and we are proud to sacrifice our martyrs"

image.png.3bda7e008541f1a97fcb9d5203f68fb4.png

https://twitter.com/JamesCleverly/status/1719718109739688143

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, johng said:

Wow the Hamas strategy seems  to really have really worked  more than 30,000 Palestinians dead all without them firing a single shot !!!

They would have killed far more than that if it was intentional. You do realize that 13,000 of that figure were Hamas terrorists.................

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Well, you are not getting the desperation leading up to this final conflict, as well the pressure in the region to do something.

I do not defend the action or Hamas, but understand how it became what we see today. 

Im okay if you, or anyone do not see, but Im sure I would had been fighting with everything I had if I was in their situation, born in that area. There is no way I would had accepted being supressed like that. At least I would had been one of those kids jailed by Israel, if not killed. I wouldnt survived long growing up there.

If I was born in Israel, I might had been like most Israelis, but Im not, Im not born any of those places, and can carefully choose what I believe based on non biased media (if possible, but close enough). 

As UN chief Antony Guterres said.

"It is important to also recognise the attacks by Hamas did not happen in a vacuum. The Palestinian people have been subjected to 56 years of suffocating occupation," he said.

"But the grievances of the Palestinian people cannot justify the appalling attacks by Hamas."

Edited by Bkk Brian

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

They would have killed far more than that if it was intentional. You do realize that 13,000 of that figure were Hamas terrorists.................

It was intentional.

13,000 where terrorists ?? how was that ascertained ?  and even if they where which I doubt, what about the other thousands of innocent men,women and children dead at the hands of Israel/IDF... 

• Agree 1

Just now, johng said:

It was intentional.

13,000 where terrorists ?? how was that ascertained ?  and even if they where which I doubt, what about the other thousands of innocent men,women and children dead at the hands of Israel/IDF... 

13,000 where terrorists ?? how was that ascertained ?

IDF figures, but I see you don't doubt the Hamas figures eh............

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

As UN chief Antony Guterres said.

"It is important to also recognise the attacks by Hamas did not happen in a vacuum. The Palestinian people have been subjected to 56 years of suffocating occupation," he said.

"But the grievances of the Palestinian people cannot justify the appalling attacks by Hamas."

Is there any conflict with that statement and my posts? 

I have said I understand the mechanism leading to the final war, because it will be the final war! If not the neighbouring countries interfere, then the conflict will escalate in to a new dimension, and I believe that was what Hamas hoped for would happen. If neighbouring countries stays out, it will be the end of palestine, which I believe maybe the best for the future to come. 

We remember Sri Lanka, final conflict totally wiped out the Tamil Tigers last resistance. 

Genocide is the best weapon for peace. It is a final solution like it or not.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Your conclusions is based on what you want to see. 

Hamas is a final product of everything that have happened in that area. The post colonization, the hate based on the history and todays situation. 

Is that so complicated to understand? Cant understand you can defend anything of whats going on right now!

When accepting war crimes we become part of the problem! 

You're imagining what I think and that is sleazy. 

I do find people that use the colonialization word are the types that don't recognize that Jews are indigenous to Israel. 

I also stand by my assertion that Hamas cares NOTHING about the welfare of their own people, in THIS life anyway,

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Is there any conflict with that statement and my posts? 

I have said I understand the mechanism leading to the final war, because it will be the final war! If not the neighbouring countries interfere, then the conflict will escalate in to a new dimension, and I believe that was what Hamas hoped for would happen. If neighbouring countries stays out, it will be the end of palestine, which I believe maybe the best for the future to come. 

We remember Sri Lanka, final conflict totally wiped out the Tamil Tigers last resistance. 

Genocide is the best weapon for peace. It is a final solution like it or not.

Meantime in the day to day war which is what this topic is about.............................