Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

Just now, ozimoron said:

Religion. You invoked the name of their religion. No ethnicity is a religion.

You post so much about this conflct, and you don't know anything about the Jewish people and their history. Bizarre!

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Because Jew haters think Jews should be bound by a different standard.  Such people also criticized when Jews were too passive as in WW2. You can't win with Jew haters. Thus, the IDF does what it needs to do regardless.

I think you've written the truth here. Israel feels so threatened as Jews and believes there are so many in the world that hate them, they believe anything they do, even atrocities, are justified because, in the past, atrocities were committed against them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

I think you've written the truth here. Israel feels so threatened as Jews and believes there are so many in the world that hate them, they believe anything they do, even atrocities, are justified because, in the past, atrocities were committed against them.

The Jew hatred is real, not imagined.

I don't agre that means that atrocities are justified.

That's just part of your demonization narrative.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

And, what is the value of 13,000 Hamas terrorists? Do they have less value than one Jewish child hostage? 

What on earth has that to do with pointing out the lies that 30000 civilians have been killed

• Sad 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

You have no clue what I know., Stop the trash talk. Debate the issues in good faith or stop annoying everybody with your abject partisanship.

You exposed your ignorance here by asserting that Jew just means religion.

Just now, Jingthing said:

The Jew hatred is real, not imagined.

I don't agre that means that atrocities are justified.

That's just part of your demonization narrative.

The US claims that famine threatens 1200% of the Palestinian population. Are they wrong?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

"You would support that", who are you....?......🤔      

I am me. I judge what they do, and I express my opinions. 

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Rubbish. The Romans called it Syria Palaestina, and the British referred to the area as Palestine.

There never was a country called Palestine. It was a REGION, nothing else. Populated with Arabs and Jews. A paltestinian citizenship never existed in histoy.

Yes, they are Arabs and they live in Palestine.

...as the Jews did an do.

Trying to deflect does not change the fact that Gaza was not included in the 1948 UN designated area for israel. Israel has no legal right to it.

Israel has imho no intention to occupy Gaza permanently. They went in to fight Hamas-killers. It's their good right to act in self defence and whipe out those disgusting terrorists.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Of course you have proof of that statement?

That's not how this works. He claimed 30,000 civilians have been killed by IDF, he needs to provide proof of that first. He can't because its not true. Yes I can provide a credible link to the deaths of 13,000 of those being Hamas terrorists in turn.

6 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Canada stops arms shipments to Israel (lemonde.fr)

Israel’s closest allies are beginning to distance themselves from the plausible genocide in Gaza by halting arms shipment to Israel.

This while at the same time resuming UNRWA funding and increasing humanitarian aid to Gaza out of feeling of guilt.  Canada is now following Spain and Beljium to name a few.

Its really just for show .

Canada sent Israel 15 million US $ worth of military equipment in 2022 , the USA gave about 4 Billion $ .

Wont make hardly any difference at all 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

All your arguments about immigrating elsewhere could also apply to the Israelis. 

I did not talk about immigration, Thaibeachlover did.

I just said, Egypt could open it's border for civilian refugees and I ask myself, why they are not willing to help their arab brothers.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It absolutely does. Find me a dictionary definition that says otherwise.

I've addressed this before. 

"Jew" is used to describe BOTH an ethnicity and religious practice. The comparison would be between "Arab" and "Muslim," which are two terms. I've suggested that instead of using the term "Jew" for their ethnicity, the term "Hebrew" would be easier to distinguish whether you are referring to the ethnicity or religion. But, of course, for suggesting that, I was called "antisemitic."

Edited by WDSmart
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Nothing whatsoever to do with the claims by "WDSmart" and "Danny Australia" that I was responding to......

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

There never was a country called Palestine. It was a REGION, nothing else. Populated with Arabs and Jews. A paltestinian citizenship never existed in histoy.

...as the Jews did an do.

Israel has imho no intention to occupy Gaza permanently. They went in to fight Hamas-killers. It's their good right to act in self defence and whipe out those disgusting terrorists.

Your opinion aside, plenty of Israeli leaders have said they explicitly want to own all of Palestine on religious grounds. .

Meanwhile, you are silent on using famine as a weapon of war.

Prior to 1948 there was never a Jewish controlled nation state.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I've addressed this before. 

"Jew" is used to describe BOTH an ethnicity and religious practice. The comparison would be between "Arab" and "Muslim," which are two terms. I've suggested that instead of using the term "Jew" for their ethnicity, the term "Hebrew" would be easier to distinguish whether you are referring to the ethnicity or religion. But, of course, for suggesting that, I was called "antisemitic."

I thought Hebrew was a language.

28 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You exposed your ignorance here by asserting that Jew just means religion.

He is correct, you are wrong. No ethnicity is a religion. Next...

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Indeed, it will be the same next month too. The reality however:

• The IPC has recently released a report presenting an image of hunger in Gaza. This report does not represent the current situation in Gaza in regards to food security and availability. Why?
  • Over the last few weeks, during the time this report was compiled, significant new initiatives were implemented that improved the humanitarian situation, particularly in northern Gaza. The report does not accurately reflect that and is outdated even before publication.
  • Steps taken by Israel: Over 200,000 tons of food entered Gaza since the start of the war, the maritime corridor was initiated, over 1,250 packages airdropped, over 150 aid trucks to northern Gaza in the last two weeks, crossing 96, the Jordanian route and 21 bakeries.
  • The steps mentioned above created a significant change in food availability and stability on the ground. There is a stable food supply in southern Gaza, where evidently markets are bustling, food prices are controlled and stocks are piled up in the aid agencies warehouses.
  • In northern Gaza, where 10%-15% of the Gaza population still remain, more and better distribution is necessary, which is why we are taking proactive measures to coordinate and facilitate aid to the north, as mentioned. 
  • We continue to expand our efforts to enable the entry of humanitarian aid into Gaza. We have placed no limit on the amount of aid that can enter. It is in Hamas’ interest to cause a humanitarian crisis. Israel, on the other hand, is doing everything it can to prevent one.

https://twitter.com/cogatonline/status/1770163231090196680

28 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Doubling down on your ignorance. Amazing!

If you start practicing the Rastafarian religion, could you call yourself a Rastafarian Jew?

If Jew was an ethnic term you could, but you can't as it isn't. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Indeed, it will be the same next month too. The reality however:

• The IPC has recently released a report presenting an image of hunger in Gaza. This report does not represent the current situation in Gaza in regards to food security and availability. Why?
  • Over the last few weeks, during the time this report was compiled, significant new initiatives were implemented that improved the humanitarian situation, particularly in northern Gaza. The report does not accurately reflect that and is outdated even before publication.
  • Steps taken by Israel: Over 200,000 tons of food entered Gaza since the start of the war, the maritime corridor was initiated, over 1,250 packages airdropped, over 150 aid trucks to northern Gaza in the last two weeks, crossing 96, the Jordanian route and 21 bakeries.
  • The steps mentioned above created a significant change in food availability and stability on the ground. There is a stable food supply in southern Gaza, where evidently markets are bustling, food prices are controlled and stocks are piled up in the aid agencies warehouses.
  • In northern Gaza, where 10%-15% of the Gaza population still remain, more and better distribution is necessary, which is why we are taking proactive measures to coordinate and facilitate aid to the north, as mentioned. 
  • We continue to expand our efforts to enable the entry of humanitarian aid into Gaza. We have placed no limit on the amount of aid that can enter. It is in Hamas’ interest to cause a humanitarian crisis. Israel, on the other hand, is doing everything it can to prevent one.

https://twitter.com/cogatonline/status/1770163231090196680

So you deny that 100% of the Palestinian population are facing famine, caused by Israel's war crimes.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

So you deny that 100% of the Palestinian population are facing famine, caused by Israel's war crimes.

Can you provide evidence that 100% of the Palestinian population is facing famine because caused by Israel's war crimes