Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What a vile and disgusting comment. What you read on there is influenced by the Twitter algorithm with comments of people you follow first. No surprise and all irrelevant as it's unatributed. 

What is revelevant is the vile statement of yours.

They were 28 comments I read them all so you may wish to retract your hasty and uncalled-for comment.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

They were 28 comments I read them all so you may wish to retract your hasty and uncalled-for comment.

I can read comments to and disagree, stop the nonsense of trying to claim what comments there were and your vile conclusion that is based on who you follow.

2 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

"had they not then preparations for Rafah would be on hold because of the ceasefire"

Which part of the following do you not understand?

17 February:

PM: IDF will operate in Rafah even if there is a new hostage deal; can’t leave a quarter of Hamas intact

He says everyone wants to reach another hostage deal. “I also want it,” he says, and it’ll be “very good” if this can be achieved. But he reiterates that a new hostage deal with Hamas “does not appear very close” given the terror group’s demands.

Yet “even if we achieve it, we will go into Rafah,” he stresses. “There is no alternative to total victory. And there is no way to achieve total victory without destroying those battalions in Rafah, and we will do so.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/pm-stonewalls-when-asked-why-idf-didnt-enter-rafah-at-outset-of-ground-offensive/

22 March:

But Netanyahu said Israel was prepared to go into Rafah with or without U.S. backing. "I also said that we have no way to defeat Hamas without going into Rafah and eliminating the rest of the battalions there. And I told him that I hope we will do it with the support of the U.S., but if we have to — we will do it alone," Netanyahu said in a statement.

https://www.npr.org/2024/03/22/1240143220/blinken-netanyahu-israel-visit-un-gaza-ceasefire

yawn, denial and more denial, typical flat earther

3rd March: Israel ‘accepts six-week ceasefire deal’ as Hamas response awaited, US officials say

26th March: Hamas Rejects Latest Proposal; Partial Israeli Delegation Remains in Qatar

Now unless they change plans Israel plan on Rafah operation

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

I can read comments to and disagree, stop the nonsense of trying to claim what comments there were and your vile conclusion that is based on who you follow.

That's not what you said, though you asserted that my sectional interests had dictated the comments that I had read and that was indicative of my vile state of mind. Noted. Probably best to stop digging now. I'm man enough of when I have made a mistake to apologise and move on - it seems that's a lesson in your dotage you have yet to learn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

That's not what you said, though you asserted that my sectional interests had dictated the comments that I had read and that was indicative of my vile state of mind. Noted. Probably best to stop digging now. I'm man enough of when I have made a mistake to apologise and move on - it seems that's a lesson in your dotage you have yet to learn.

Here is what you said and my response. I stand by every single word. Done debating with you, vile comment that is simply not true

image.png.c4c3dad2048b9dcb956fe3791a947392.png

Edited by Bkk Brian

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here is what you said and my response. I stand by every single word. Done debating with you, vile comment that is simply not true

image.png.c4c3dad2048b9dcb956fe3791a947392.png

That's the second time you've flounced off after being called out for an untruth. To be fair, I did once after you had baited me. I'm a wiser man now - live and let live and all that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

That's the second time you've flounced off after being called out for an untruth. To be fair, I did once after you had baited me. I'm a wiser man now - live and let live and all that.

image.png.0ab9be02a629ad278fa712d74ad7800f.png

image.png

48 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

yawn, denial and more denial, typical flat earther

3rd March: Israel ‘accepts six-week ceasefire deal’ as Hamas response awaited, US officials say

26th March: Hamas Rejects Latest Proposal; Partial Israeli Delegation Remains in Qatar

Now unless they change plans Israel plan on Rafah operation

"Provisionally" accepted, right. They're going into Rafah with the firm intention of finishing what they started 75 years ago.

You do seem rather obsessed with my views on the shape of the Earth.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

"Provisionally" accepted, right. They're going into Rafah with the firm intention of finishing what they started 75 years ago.

You do seem rather obsessed with my views on the shape of the Earth.

More conspiracey spreading from you. They want the hostages back who are in Rafah. They want Hamas dealt with who took them hostage. Nothing to do with 75 years ago

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The moves come despite intensifying international opposition to a ground operation in the last Hamas stronghold, which Jerusalem says is necessary to defeat the terrorist organization. The final four Hamas battalions, comprising some 3,000 terrorists, are holed up in the city, according to Israel.

:cheesy:

We've been told for months that Hamas has hundreds of miles of tunnels, connecting all of Gaza, yet now we are supposed to believe that they won't use the tunnels to escape Rafah. Someone is taking the michael, and it ain't Hamas.

Israeli propaganda needs to get better than that if they are going to be taken seriously. 555555555555

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, murphybridget said:
On 3/26/2024 at 5:11 PM, WDSmart said:

I do play the guitar, but I just looked up the chords to John Lennon's "Imagine," and they are too complex for me. The three most accomplished pieces I play are "California Dreaming," "Rebel, Rebel," and "Third-Rate Romance," all of which might be appropriate when presenting my proposal. 

How about let it be?

"Let it Be" would not be a good approach, IMO. But, I do know a song that does deliver the most accurate message of how I feel about this entire Isreal/Palestine debacle: "I'd Love to Save the World" by Ten Years After. The chorus goes like this:

:guitar:
"I'd love to save the world, 
But I don't know what to you,

So I'll leave it up to you."

https://youtu.be/CTUsFm0BAu8

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We've been told for months that Hamas has hundreds of miles of tunnels, connecting all of Gaza, yet now we are supposed to believe that they won't use the tunnels to escape Rafah. Someone is taking the michael, and it ain't Hamas.

Israeli propaganda needs to get better than that if they are going to be taken seriously. 555555555555

Someone is taking the michael, and it ain't Hamas.

No its you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

"Let it Be" would not be a good approach, IMO. But, I do know a song that does deliver the most accurate message of how I feel about this entire Isreal/Palestine debacle: "I'd Love to Save the World" by Ten Years After. The chorus goes like this:

:guitar:
"I'd love to save the world, 
But I don't know what to you,

So I'll leave it up to you."

https://youtu.be/CTUsFm0BAu8

A specific one for the terrorists could be Dylans "Subterranean Homesick Blues"

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

I don't believe they really think it, they push the narrative which fits their ideology.

No that’s you making up what others think. Do you make other things up to?

• Thumbs Up 1

A write up on each of the girls still held by the terrorists and no the world has not forgotten.

These Are the 14 Women Remaining in Captivity in Gaza, Facing an Uncertain Fate

“I asked her not to cry so they wouldn’t hear her – but after 3 and a half hours [of hiding], we heard Arabic on the other end of the line. Eden’s last words in the call were ‘They caught me.’”

https://themedialine.org/top-stories/women-held-captive-in-gaza-face-uncertain-fate/

image.png.068ca71799cb2fecf687ea4122da3389.png

https://twitter.com/AvivaKlompas/status/1773697839954034915

Edited by Bkk Brian

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

A write up on each of the girls still held by the terrorists and no the world has not forgotten.

These Are the 14 Women Remaining in Captivity in Gaza, Facing an Uncertain Fate

“I asked her not to cry so they wouldn’t hear her – but after 3 and a half hours [of hiding], we heard Arabic on the other end of the line. Eden’s last words in the call were ‘They caught me.’”

https://themedialine.org/top-stories/women-held-captive-in-gaza-face-uncertain-fate/

image.png.068ca71799cb2fecf687ea4122da3389.png

https://twitter.com/AvivaKlompas/status/1773697839954034915

These 5 must be classed as P.O.W.'s, as they were in the I.D.F.

Liri Albag was kidnapped from the Nahal Oz IDF base on the Gaza border, where she served as a surveillance soldier. She completed basic training and reported to the base on Thursday, October 5, just two days before her abduction.

Karina Ariev, a surveillance soldier, was abducted from the Nahal Oz IDF Base.

Agam, also known as “Gagi,” was kidnapped from the Nahal Oz IDF Base, where she served as a communications lookout. It was her first weekend on the base.

Serving as an observation soldier at the IDF 414th Combat Intelligence Collection Unit, Gilboa was abducted from the Nahal Oz Base.

Naama was kidnapped on Saturday, October 7 from the Nahal Oz IDF Base. She had just finished her training to be a part of the border observation unit and arrived on base on Thursday, October 5.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Liri Albag was kidnapped from the Nahal Oz IDF base on the Gaza border, where she served as a surveillance soldier. She completed basic training and reported to the base on Thursday, October 5, just two days before her abduction.

Agam, also known as “Gagi,” was kidnapped from the Nahal Oz IDF Base, where she served as a communications lookout. It was her first weekend on the base.

Serving as an observation soldier at the IDF 414th Combat Intelligence Collection Unit, Gilboa was abducted from the Nahal Oz Base.

Naama was kidnapped on Saturday, October 7 from the Nahal Oz IDF Base. She had just finished her training to be a part of the border observation unit and arrived on base on Thursday, October 5.

They were kidnapped from Israel and taken hostage into Gaza. Lame Jeff. Lame. 😔

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

2 shock takeaways from this current conflict is that the much vaunted Mossad turned out to have feet of clay, and Israeli propaganda is so crude in many instances it is laughable. Previously I had always bought into the Munich, Eichmann Mossad had superpowers ability and could reach anywhere, anytime. Maybe the post-war generation of leaders forged in WW2 in various ways had it, but later generations have lost it. Not just Israel, to be fair.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Nice, the Hamas police involvement in this was always a no go.

Israel said advancing plan for Arab peacekeepers to secure Gaza aid deliveries

Israel is pushing for the establishment of an international peacekeeping force to secure the Gaza Strip and facilitate the delivery of humanitarian aid in it, multiple Hebrew media outlets reported Friday evening, indicating a likely coordinated leak.

The reports all said Defense Minister Yoav Gallant had informed Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that he had made headway on the matter during his visit to Washington this week.

The force would be composed of troops from three different unnamed Arab countries — though not Saudi Arabia or Qatar, the latter being a longtime patron of Hamas that is one of the mediators in hostage-for-truce talks.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-said-advancing-plan-for-arab-peacekeepers-to-secure-gaza-aid-deliveries/

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why are foreign journalists not in Gaza, who is stopping them?

Hamas murderers with guns, popping up from underground, I would have thought.......🤗

You could apply, you have a lot to say for yourself in favour of these killers, go for it...:clap2:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Israel must suspend its military operations

What did you expect from the South African Judge, Chinese, Mexican and Brazilian. There are 15 Judges, only 4 signed this. Its not binding in any way. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Jeff, when you hold P.O.W, you can not make demands for their release .

When you make demands for their release, that is when they become hostages .

Even if they were P.O.W,s (which they were not) making demands for their release makes them hostages

• Thumbs Up 1