Swiss Man Who ‘Kicked’ Doctor Loses Visa, 2nd Swiss Man Too Could Do So

webfact

2 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

While the utopian plan would be to administer the law equally throughout the world... the reality is it is ridiculous to excuse any crime based on "look what johnny's doing"... finger pointing is stupid and accomplishes nothing.

Thankfully  Thais never  fingerpoint do they......ever

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, helloagain said:

Yes he was totally in the wrong. But what happens when its the other way round. We often hear of  2 or 3 bouncers beat up,  normally quite bad a foreigner , they may or may not loose their job ? Fine, jail ? Never. Dual pricing dual standards. 

IT'S their country... I guess they can run it how they want... however the fact remains that Finger pointing at others in order to justify one's actions is juvenile... that's what johnny does on the schoolyard... and basing the punishment for committing a crime on what other people are doing is so "woke equity thinking" that it is utterly ridiculous... 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

While the utopian plan would be to administer the law equally throughout the world... the reality is it is ridiculous to excuse any crime based on "look what johnny's doing"... finger pointing is stupid and accomplishes nothing.

True that. It's beyond childish and pathetic! Many are forgetting they are not in their country and you do not bite the host country that signs your pay check or your visa. I don't think people in their right mind would want anyone to disrespect them in their own home. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Actually to anyone with half a brain the term "finger pointing" is a metaphorical reference not a literal action... so yes Thais do finger point

golly you learn something new everyday...........literally

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

No it means that the Thais  should  have an equal punishment when they commit a  similar  crime when often its not, thats what I MEAN.

The phrase you would use would be something like 'as well as [Thais who act in a similar manner]'.  However, since this is a 'first offence' (officially) -- and if he confessed to it... jail/prison would not be warranted for a minor assault charge.  I think the deportation is more than enough punishment in this case.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NickyLouie said:

But Switzerland is such a nice country.

They should have stayed in their cuckoo clocks chewing Toblerone. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I have had some local experience of a rape case being taken lightly I am sad to say. Not a tale for here. 

I have a tale about police extortion over my next year's visa being made 'difficult'.

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I have  a  personal experience of a machete wielding nut job trying to hack at me  as I was in his  way when he jumped a traffic  light queue almost hitting me in the process. Right outside a  police station which I reported and nothing was done, they initially told me to go away to another station as they were too  lazy to do anything. The other station told me to go back to them, nothing was  done they didnt even contact the nutjob. The second police station were more helpful they  looked up his  car reg  number and immediately told me he was a not  good  person, they knew him apparently.

loony.jpg

20210428_135617.jpg

SO... your point is?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mania said:

They say no cctv footage available yet say many bystanders saw & testified. That means in today's world there is also a lot

of phone videos. But also makes me wonder how so many could stand by & watch yet not help

I am not supporting the Swiss in any way and don't say it did/would happen in this case, but it is not unusual for Thais who didn't witness anything to come forward and testify against a foreigner, a bit like those who join in a fight against a farang although they were not involved in the reason for the confrontation.

It certainly doesn't involve most Thais, but there is a deep resentment against foreigners here and some jump at any chance to 'bash the farang'. How many of us believe that a mob of 500 would have turned up to protest against Urs Fehr if it had been a Thai who kicked the doctor and not a farang? Again, I'm not supporting that Swiss either in any way.

Of course, Thailand is very far from being the only country where foreigners are resented. My native UK is a hotbed of prejudice, and probably far more so than Thailand. Always has been since I was a kid in the 1950s.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Arrogant, entitled, bad tempered with a short fuse, so yes a short stay in the monkey house before being deported would be an appropriate punishment, assault, especially committed against a woman, is a serious crime.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I have a tale about police extortion over my next year's visa being made 'difficult'.

If you've got details and you're American, share them with the Embassy.  I heard they just got the money back for a guy who had been really severely extorted from the Tourist Police (vice the little payments made here and there that everyone pays)

The Thai Police seem to be ready to be told what to do by social media in this case involving an alledged assault on some steps.

If the person alledgedly assaulted had been a lesser qualified person nobody would of heard anything.

The accused should answer the allegations in court before any decision is made on his visa.

A sad outcome for all foreigners living in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, zhounan said:

The luckiest person is the wife who suddenly gets a villa on the beach in Phuket.

Unfortunately she isn't legally married to him

• Agree 1