Swiss Man Who ‘Kicked’ Doctor Loses Visa, 2nd Swiss Man Too Could Do So

webfact

3 minutes ago, RobU said:
13 minutes ago, zhounan said:

The luckiest person is the wife who suddenly gets a villa on the beach in Phuket.

Unfortunately she isn't legally married to him

And it's a rental anyway.

Reading yesterday that the guy has had his visa revoked, but has an extension to stay and face charges, I'd bet dollars to donuts he'll still be in Thailand a year from now after things calm down a little and restitution is made to all parties.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S Mart said:

Good Riddance guys like this ruin it for the rest of us trying to build a peaceful life here in Thailand. Any man that kicks any woman child or human deserves nothing but the worst. Throw the Bum out.

permanently is my vote.

The wai is a bit late now.

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I have  a  personal experience of a machete wielding nut job trying to hack at me  as I was in his  way when he jumped a traffic  light queue almost hitting me in the process. Right outside a  police station which I reported and nothing was done, they initially told me to go away to another station as they were too  lazy to do anything. The other station told me to go back to them, nothing was  done they didnt even contact the nutjob. The second police station were more helpful they  looked up his  car reg  number and immediately told me he was a not  good  person, they knew him apparently.

loony.jpg

20210428_135617.jpg

Not all police are lazy ours are very good. I think the fact that you had no evidence i.e. your word against his was a factor in their lazy behaviour. I also have personal experience of being threatened with a machete, by my noisy next door neighbour. I went to the local police station and made a formal written complaint. Unfortunately I had no video or photographic evidence, just the word of my wife so the case would not have held up in court. However the local police chief paid him a visit and the noise has since stopped.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, RobU said:

Not all police are lazy ours are very good. I think the fact that you had no evidence i.e. your word against his was a factor in their lazy behaviour. I also have personal experience of being threatened with a machete, by my noisy next door neighbour. I went to the local police station and made a formal written complaint. Unfortunately I had no video or photographic evidence, just the word of my wife so the case would not have held up in court. However the local police chief paid him a visit and the noise has since stopped.

Do you want me to post the  full video from start to finish  so you can make a  full assessment, tell you what Ill send it  you by message

12 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Do you want me to post the  full video from start to finish  so you can make a  full assessment, tell you what Ill send it  you by message

Yes, please post the video others would be interested. I honestly missed the bit where you said you had a video

Edited by RobU
  • Sad 1

At the end off  the day both Swiss guys messed up causing trouble weather on a tourist visa or long term visa don't deserve to stay in Thailand 

Hope it sends out a message to others you are a guest in Thailand act accordingly or suffer the Consequences 

53 minutes ago, stargrazer9889 said:

Good bye Swiss Rich Guy.  Enjoy Vietnam, Laos or Cambodia.

You are rich enough.

I would hope at his Trial, Elephant Man's money is tracked from HIS foundation, to find out how he got so rich from a charity, I hope they follow the money, but I doubt they will.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, findlay13 said:

I hope he doesn't  get kicked out and then quietly re-enter on a new passport after a few months 

In a way that would be good, as they would re-arrest him on entering.

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I would hope at his Trial, Elephant Man's money is tracked from HIS foundation, to find out how he got so rich from a charity, I hope they follow the money, but I doubt they will.

His Elephant Park is not a charity. Using words like "Sanctuary" or "Rescue" doesn't mean it's a charity. His park was just another tourist attraction whose main purpose was making money.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, NickyLouie said:

But Switzerland is such a nice country.

Do all Swiss guys like taking out their anger on women?

But I've heard some Thai women say Swiss man have good heart 😄

56 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:
2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Granted I do not show much respect to the nation's leaders here on this forum, but that is a different story. They do not deserve respect.

Don't worry. Applies to every nation's leaders anywhere 

There is a 22yr Brit moving to Thailand 'coz he is fed up with the UK govt.  :cheesy: :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

If this guy's Visa has been revoked, I can't believe there is even a question about whether the 2nd guy's should be as his actions were far, far worse.

So far it seems the he (2nd guy) has remained silent about what he did (not much he can offer as a defense really) as he seems to believe if he stays silent he'll just be sent packing, boy is he in for a rude awakening.... Som Nam Naa for those actions.

No, the second one who violently hit Ms. Thai in Big C. wanted to go to prison and is awaiting his trial, he did not want to pay the 50,000 THB for bail.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Do all Swiss guys like taking out their anger on women?

i very much doubt it ,  A survey of 2 people is hardly a representative sample

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if the kicking one was an accident?

If someone is sitting below you just a brush of the foot would be blown out of proportion. It also happened on a beach stairway which does not seem like a likely place for an intentional kicking. Then, you have a Thai doctor who may be over sensitive to the implications of foot or leg contact by someone standing over them.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, RobU said:

Charities are allowed to sell services and make a profit, as long as all the profits are put back into running the charity. As chief exec of the charity he can pay himself anything he like. His salary would classed as part of the running costs. I would wager all the profits go to him as salary. 

That may be true but his business is not a charity.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Smokin Joe said:

His Elephant Park is not a charity. Using words like "Sanctuary" or "Rescue" doesn't mean it's a charity. His park was just another tourist attraction whose main purpose was making money.

indeed those are commonly misused words just like "charity"  their purpose is to imply totally altruistic intentions,   "foundations"  are another

In reality nothing is further from the truth

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Smokin Joe said:

It is HIS foundation, foundation=Charity why make a 'Foundation' if you don't need Donations?