Swiss Man Who ‘Kicked’ Doctor Loses Visa, 2nd Swiss Man Too Could Do So

webfact

3 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

, than 1 scamming Thai (most of Thais are scammers)

Pretty broad paint brush you are using there Terry. The Swiss guy is the scammer and you have to get your two cents worth in. Little knowledge of the Thai way of life. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Smokin Joe said:

That may be true but his business is not a charity.

businesses are not charities, but many charities are big business and pay their senior staff eye watering salaries,  Its actually quite laughable how they can keep a straight face when begging for money

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

It is HIS foundation, foundation=Charity why make a 'Foundation' if you don't need Donations?

Wrong. the word "Foundation" does not make his business a charity. And where did you see it referred to as a foundation.

If you look at the business website you won't see the word "foundation" anywhere. At least I didn't see it. You also won't find any mention of donations.

Green Elephant Sanctuary Park Phuket

1 minute ago, Smokin Joe said:

Wrong. the word "Foundation" does not make his business a charity. And where did you see it referred to as a foundation.

If you look at the business website you won't see the word "foundation" anywhere. At least I didn't see it. You also won't find any mention of donations.

Green Elephant Sanctuary Park Phuket

Whatever he called it ,   it appears he was doing very nicely out of it 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, findlay13 said:

I hope he doesn't  get kicked out and then quietly re-enter on a new passport after a few months 

His visa has been revoked. He has not yet been blacklisted.

If he shows contrition for his actions, if the court deems it appropriate, he will be allowed to get another visa and continue living in Thailand.

If not, he will be blacklisted and not allowed back in. 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

There are fingerprint readers involved nowadays. I expect his will be on record. 

See comment above.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Smokin Joe said:

It was either on one of the Full stories here, or on a BP report. 

29 minutes ago, marin said:

Pretty broad paint brush you are using there Terry. The Swiss guy is the scammer and you have to get your two cents worth in. Little knowledge of the Thai way of life. 

The Swiss guy is a scammer now?

I thought he just kicked a woman sitting on the steps?

10 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

and while the kick isn't clearly visible because of where he was holding his phone while recording, at one point of the women cries out in a way consistent with some sort of violent contact.

So no clear, visible evidence of a kick on her back, as I have been saying all along.

The Thais, and some foreigners, have completely lost the plot over this guy. Speaking with some Thai mid-management level work colleagues this morning, and all rational thought has gone out of the window. They are actually completely controlled by their emotional reaction to this case and unable to think rationally. 

No evidence he brandished a gun from his car.

No evidence he was threatening people on the beach with a shotgun.

No evidence that his elephant sanctuary is illegal.

No evidence he is a scammer.

No evidence that he  

Etc. 

So Swissman David might indeed be a total <deleted> (I haven't met him and don't know him), but it's a disgusting, xenophobic witch hunt against a foreigner that has repercussions for all expats living here in Thailand. Believe that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

There is a Thailand outside your girlie bars, chap..........😉

Funny how I just said the same by pm here to another member, congrats you proved  my point about not knowing anything about me. I  still miss  Colin by the way.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Haha 1

All those doubting me in saying it is a FOUNDATION then please go to the BP 5/3 12.57

where it says '* Mr. Fehr had a business visa and a Registered Elephant FOUNDATION.'* reported by the Gov of Phuket.

I hope I have not broken the forum rules by quoting from the BP.  

13 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

So no clear, visible evidence of a kick on her back, as I have been saying all along.

The Thais, and some foreigners, have completely lost the plot over this guy. Speaking with some Thai mid-management level work colleagues this morning, and all rational thought has gone out of the window. They are actually completely controlled by their emotional reaction to this case and unable to think rationally. 

No evidence he brandished a gun from his car.

No evidence he was threatening people on the beach with a shotgun.

No evidence that his elephant sanctuary is illegal.

No evidence he is a scammer.

No evidence that he  

Etc. 

So Swissman David might indeed be a total <deleted> (I haven't met him and don't know him), but it's a disgusting, xenophobic witch hunt against a foreigner that has repercussions for all expats living here in Thailand. Believe that. 

You skipped over the part where I said it the video was consistent with some sort of violent contact.  What did you think of the video -- you think it DOESN'T show what I said?  In addition, he apologized, which is good evidence it happened.  And there are witnesses.

You need a better hobby that arguing the sky isn't blue and water isn't wet.

Edited by ChicagoExpat

These brief articles do not really tell us the whole story. The guy in Trat obviously was treated in a really bad way to react like this. Maybe a neighbor? Yes, Swiss are extremely arrogant, and my first experience in Switzerland in 1980 riding my bicycle through europe while on a train, and sleeping on the floor with my bike, the conductor kicked me on the ribs to wake me up. I can sill see his shiny jackboots. Welcome to Switzerland.

5 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

You skipped over the part where I said it the video was consistent with some sort of violent contact.  What did you think of the video -- you think it DOESN'T show what I said?

There was a yelp from the woman, but that still does not show that he kicked her. He claims he slipped and it was an accident, hence the contact.

Remember, the prosecution's case must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a crime was committed.

There's reasonable doubt right there for anyone of a rational mind.

Personally, I am of the opinion he did kick her, and he is probably an odious individual, but opinions shouldn't count in a court of law. 

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Go look at Urs own video! He storms up to the woman, yelling GTF Outta here. Not an accident at all.

Storming up to someone shouting obscenities is not evidence of the kick, I am afraid. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1