EC to Ask Court to Dissolve MFP

snoop1130

1 minute ago, sidneybear said:

Is that so? Read its manifesto and compare with that of the Democrat party.

"Conspiracy theory" is a work out term coined by the CIA in the 50's - it's used to denounce an opponent, rather than conduct a sensible debate, so go away if you have nothing sensible to say.

6 AN members (so far) agree with my comment that you have replied to.

I think that you should take heed of your own words and keep quiet before you embarrass yourself.

bob.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Snig27 said:

For decades I’ve been saying myself,”it’s getting better” but it never does. A broken feudal kleptocracy where the poor get poorer and the rich get vastly richer. And if the people complain they beat and shoot them. 

You're talking about the west, right? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Complete rubbish but even if it wasn't it's preferrable to a military backed government or junta. Look at any military governments anywhere, Thailand for example, and you will not see a democracy. I agree about a lot of the "progessoive rubbish" in the west but we are not in the west. We are in Thailand a dictactorship by a military/elite.

If you htink that western countries are democracies, you probably believe there are fairies at the bottom of your garden. Whatever you vote for in the west, the outcome is the same. Think only Thailand is authoritarian? Think again.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, bob smith said:

6 AN members (so far) agree with my comment that you have replied to.

I think that you should take heed of your own words and keep quiet before you embarrass yourself.

bob.

Are you a sheep, or a free thinking person who holds your own opinions, even if other people on this forum don't agree? What's the point of a forum like this if everyone agrees with each other. In you, we see a textbook example of the kind of conformism that's killed the art of debate in recent years.

Edited by sidneybear
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

after finding sufficient evidence to believe that the party has attempted to overthrow Constitutional Monarchy

In English "belief" is not FACT, only a "feeling sure that someone or something exists." As in Santa Claus.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK, March 12 (TNA) – The Election Commission meeting on Tuesday agrees to ask the Constitutional Court to dissolve the Move Forward Party.

Unless theyre  using a  bath of acid  I doubt it will do much

37 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I told you to keep shtum but you just couldn't do it, could you.

You come across as a complete moron not worthy of even a second of my time.

why couldn't you just keep quiet? I guess some folk never learn.

you best be on your way now, I'm sure you've got to get back to your little book on 'the real origins of covid' or 'how the west is destroying the world' or something of that ilk.

conspiracy nut.

bob.

A very long post to say that you don't hold any opinions and have nothing sensible to add to the discussion. 

16 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

They cannot be serious........wasn't the result of the last election and who was actually allowed into government the real 'overthrow of democracy'?

Yes. But it's so normal that they consider it - well, normal.

17 hours ago, WHansen said:

Terrified of what's to come in the next election

Amazing what money can buy. They shall reap what they sow, me thinks, but then it will be too late to recover from 3rd World status.  Imaging the ratings for 3rd world countries, one wonders where Thailand will fall.

Dissolving MF and ban its Leaders at least might give the people a real reason to voice their disapproval and outrage instead of flooding social media with videoclips  showing 'farangs misbehaving' and local media comprehensively regurgitating these stories of national importance.

2 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

A very long post to say that you don't hold any opinions and have nothing sensible to add to the discussion. 

It's very sad that you don't seem to know what opinion means. Calling your statement spurious is an opinion and in my opinion a very accurate opinion regarding your opinion. As for adding something sensible to the discussion do you think that at sometime on this thread you will be able to so because up until now your inability in this regard is obvious for all to see.

• Thanks 1

People reap what they sow. Everybody can still remember my words about "rivers of blood of the martyrs".

If they do not heed it, then so be it. Som nam naa.

"Constitutional monarchy, also known as limited monarchy, parliamentary monarchy or democratic monarchy, is a form of monarchy in which the monarch exercises their authority in accordance with a constitution and is not alone in making decisions." Wikipedia (my bold)

Literally, the power (aka sovereignty) of the People is prescribed by a written constitution, ie., versus the sovereignty of an absolute monarch or an unelected committee. The constitution in turn defines the means for legal changes to the constitution and subsequently the foundation for changes to any penal codes in accordance to the sovereignty of the People. The sovereignty of the People may be a parliamentary form of government (ie., Thailand National Legislative Assembly, German Bundestag, Japan National Diet, United Kingdom Parliament).

Thus, if the sovereignty of the People is abrogated by means outside of the constitution, would that not be an overthrow of the People's sovereignty? 

By such analysis, might one in the present case accuse the Election Commission of attempting to abrogate the sovereignty of the Thai People, and likewise if the CC sustains the EC complaint?

Where does PM Srettha Thavisin stand on EC's complaint?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Removing Section 112 has nothing to do with overthrowing the democratic regime of the government with the King as the head of state.

The UK has a democratic regime of government with the King as head of state without a Section 112.

The UK and Thailand are completely incomparable....the only similarity is both have a royal family

Pathetic. Thailand still highly corrupt and behind the curve. Western nations (and eastern nations with real democracy) should start coming down on them to get their S together. i.e. stop doing business and entertaining their two-bit government when overseas. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

=dictatorship by the military/elite under the auspices of a constitutional monarchy.

One might say "under a misapplication of the auspices of a constitutional monarchy."

• Thumbs Up 1

The challenge is that we have to change decades of military rule.  Just like most things, this is not going to be easy, as the elite and military have been at it too long.  

Most of the older people have enjoyed the way it was.  They remember that the military and monarchy have always looked after them.

Just as it takes the PTP decades and still fighting for recognition it will take the MFP movement a long  time.

Eventually, they will both become more dominant and will take control, but it is going to be a slow process.

Consider the timeline for England and all the wars it took in the country to get where they are. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

no it won't

you almost sound like you are defending this       B.              S

The party may have a different name but it will be here.

As to defending what is happening NO just stating that it is ot the first time and probably will not be the last.

Eventually, hopefully, it all gets sorted as the different age groups and philosophy change.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

They cannot be serious........wasn't the result of the last election and who was actually allowed into government the real 'overthrow of democracy'?

Absolutely correct! 

And what kind of a "democratic Government" appoints by its own authority and choosing, 150 Senators that will vote as they are told to on future proposals?

18 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Removing Section 112 has nothing to do with overthrowing the democratic regime of the government with the King as the head of state.

The UK has a democratic regime of government with the King as head of state without a Section 112.

Yes but Thailand's use is for the old cronies to be able to oust opposition from removing them.  If dissolved they will just reincarnate as a new party with more younger voters backing them