Far-right groups 'hijacking' demonstrations against asylum plans at RAF Scampton

Social Media

image.png

Far-right groups are increasingly influencing and even hijacking anti-migrant protests across the UK, including demonstrations against asylum plans at RAF Scampton. Exclusive figures analyzed by Sky News reveal a significant uptick in anti-immigrant protests, with a staggering 13-fold increase in public demonstrations.

image.png

The situation at RAF Scampton illustrates how local concerns about asylum seeker housing have become battlegrounds for broader nationalist agendas. Sarah Carter, a local protester, describes encountering organized far-right groups attempting to co-opt their cause. Tensions escalated, leading to fights and regular police interventions, with Sarah and her husband allegedly being assaulted by individuals wearing balaclavas.

image.png

The rise in anti-migrant protests is a cause for concern, as it reflects a growing confidence among far-right groups. These groups exploit local grievances to promote their extremist views, often leading to divisions within communities and undermining the legitimacy of legitimate concerns.

image.png

According to data provided by Hope not Hate, there were 275 anti-migrant events in 2023, compared to 116 events the previous year. Patriotic Alternative, a far-right organization, emerged as a prominent organizer of public demonstrations, accounting for 18% of all recorded demonstrations. This surge in far-right activity signifies a disturbing trend towards the mainstreaming of extremist rhetoric and tactics.

image.png

The normalization of far-right language, both online and in mainstream discourse, contributes to the escalating tensions surrounding immigration issues. Politicians, including former Home Secretary Suella Braverman, have been criticized for echoing far-right slogans such as "End the Invasion," perpetuating divisive rhetoric that fuels anti-immigrant sentiments.

image.png

As the Conservative Party faces pressure from the right in an election year, the implications of this rise in far-right influence remain uncertain. However, the situation at RAF Scampton underscores the complex interplay between local grievances and national politics, highlighting the need for vigilant monitoring of extremist activity and proactive measures to combat the spread of hate and intolerance.

Source

image.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Please post a link to the source of the meme you’ e posted, so we can all see where you get this garbage from.

Sounds like someone might of scored quite highly... what was your score?  Just how "far-right" are you?  

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Illegal immigrants are IMO a scourge on whatever country is taking them.

IMO it's is the duty of any person that loves their country to protest against any attempt to allow them to be stay, be fed, housed and given hospital treatment if citizens are not getting the same rights.

Why are citizens living on the street while criminals are getting stuff for free from the taxpayer?

So if a stand is taken regarding the above. Then that is "far right"  Not quite.

• Thanks 1

Just now, morrobay said:

So if a stand is taken regarding the above. Then that is "far right"  Not quite.

Surely that depends on ‘the stand taken’.

I was in Scampton  and Brattleby villages a few times last summer. Apart from a poster up in the local bus stop I saw nothing that resembled any kind of protest.

There was a banner on the church fence of the Church at Scampton, ‘Mathew 25; 31-40’ but I think that might go right over the head of the current mob ranting around the village.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Screenshot_2024-03-15-07-47-35-949_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.de5d88429ac109d92376dd824b1fb42d.jpg

38 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not sure what you mean. I'm not either left or right wing as I support or oppose policies beloved of both wings.

Well you just supported my point: That there is nothing extreme or "far right" about It . 

Edited by morrobay

They don't need to protest "we will not be replaced". Don't worry: if I have some worthless thing, I just dispose of it but surely don't replace it. Same goes for them

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sorry, I was joust pointing out the historical fact that Scampton has a long and proud history of welcoming refugees.

You should go, the graveyard at the local church is instructive.

The main point of historical note is that Scampton was the home of the famous 617 Squadron, RAF - the Dambusters. More recently the Red Arrows were based there. The MoD wants to close Scampton but others want to see the base and museum retained as a heritage centre. 

Sky News are just pushing this far-right nonsense out of all proportion. The photo in the story with the most people in it is not anywhere near Scampton! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

The main point of historical note is that Scampton was the home of the famous 617 Squadron, RAF - the Dambusters. More recently the Red Arrows were based there. The MoD wants to close Scampton but others want to see the base and museum retained as a heritage centre. 

Sky News are just pushing this far-right nonsense out of all proportion. The photo in the story with the most people in it is not anywhere near Scampton! 

It’s a big base, the housing isn’t near the hangers or operational buildings and was not in any case built until long after the dam-busters had left.

There’s absolutely no reason why the hangers and operational buildings can’t be used as a museum regardless of how the housing is used.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

"Far Right" is just a catch all phrase that Wokies use to discredit normal people who want to enforce reasonable immigration policies and protect their borders. People who want to see their own citizens cared for, you know, the ones who paid into the system all their lives. 

They don't object to countries like Thailand doing it. In fact they often scream the loudest when a foreigner is caught without a visa or committing crime in Thailand. But when the same action is called for in Europe or America it's all the fault of the "far right". 

They claim to hate intolerance, but defend it when it comes from a certain religious or minority group. In the name of diversity of course, because that's our greatest strength (according to them).

The hypocrisy is both astounding and amusing. 😆

It’s also a term being used by Gove in identifying extremist groups, so nothing woke about that Jonny.

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Inventing and mentioning these imaginary right wing groups is just to pacify the woke brigades.  

Odd then that it’s Tory Minister Gove who’s just named two rightwing extremists groups in his moves against extremism.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There is a connection between the housing shortage and immigration .

That was a reason why the UK voted for Brexit , all the available Council housing was going to newly arrived immigrants from Eastern Europe (Who had more children that British families and were thus in greater need of a council house) 

The connection is tenuous to say the least. The availability of social housing has been on a downward trend for decades.

To suggest that, pre-Brexit, "all available council housing was going to Eastern European immigrants" is ridiculous and factually incorrect; over 90% of those in social housing are British or Irish. If people voted for Brexit in the belief that the availability of social housing would increase, they were misguided and/or sold yet another pup.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, RayC said:

The connection is tenuous to say the least. The availability of social housing has been on a downward trend for decades.

To suggest that, pre-Brexit, "all available council housing was going to Eastern European immigrants" is ridiculous and factually incorrect; over 90% of those in social housing are British or Irish. If people voted for Brexit in the belief that the availability of social housing would increase, they were misguided and/or sold yet another pup.

Yes, you are correct , I didn't literally mean that ALL the available Council houses were going to Eastern Europeans , I did mean quite a lot of Council Houses were going to Eastern Europeans . 

Thanks for pointing that out 

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, you are correct , I didn't literally mean that ALL the available Council houses were going to Eastern Europeans , I did mean quite a lot of Council Houses were going to Eastern Europeans . 

Thanks for pointing that out 

You're welcome but I'm afraid that you are still incorrect.

11% of UK social housing was rented by 'White Other' (not British or Irish) which is hardly "quite a lot". (Note: I think that it's reasonable to assume that almost all East European migrants are white).

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, RayC said:

You're welcome but I'm afraid that you are still incorrect.

11% of UK social housing was rented by 'White Other' (not British or Irish) which is hardly "quite a lot". (Note: I think that it's reasonable to assume that almost all East European migrants are white).

As there's about 4 million council homes , 11 % would be 400 000 Councils homes given to Eastern Europeans  , and that is quite a lot .

400 000 properties is quite a lot