Two New Zealand Men Arrested in Phuket for Alleged Brutal Assault on Traffic Cop

webfact

3 hours ago, milesinnz said:

Please keep them in prison in Thailand.. we don't want this sort of sick trash back in New Zealand...

Yes we are already getting enough backloaded from Australia.. 501s.

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

Well that will please the many on here who yearn for Thailand to become a clone of the miserable countries they originate from.  

Yep. And still complain about it. 

• Thanks 1

Phuket police have been known to be trigger happy on many occasions.

Some years ago, a Policeman on his way to work gunned down a woman walking on the sidewalk near the circle.

Phuket woman gunned down in Chalong | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)

In another case a woman was killed by her Police boyfriend while sitting at a table in Patong.

Young woman shot 'accidentally' by Phuket policeman - Phuket News - Thailand News, Travel & Forum - ASEAN NOW

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tandor said:

...more than likely the officer got angry and pulled his gun threatening the two tourists who then disarmed him in self defence..IMO.

Thai is a real possibility but will the video that shows that be available ? I think not . How can the 2 guys be condemned on the video shown , without showing the whole event ? However , sorry to say but the 2 NZ guys have got no chance of being acquitted but maybe only via a big fine and deportation at best .

Possible scenario , 2 falangs , easy money target , wrongly accused of traffic offences , argued their innocence , police draw gun to enforce their stance , point gun at falangs who fear for their lives and try to grab the gun etc .

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

What a couple of knuckle heads.

I bet they'd never do that back home. Evading police is bad enough but to take the officers weapon?

They're asking for it.

Throw them in jail and give them a taste of Thai prison for a few years then deport them and never let them come back.....

Well said, and I totally agree.

This is not normal behaviour anywhere, and yet another example of how some foreigners leave behind their common sense, and more, as soon as they arrive here. 

There may come a time when Thailand needs to become more restrictive about who they let into los. And that, together with the Thai peoples deteriorating opinion of foreigners, will affect us all..

6 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Yes we are already getting enough backloaded from Australia.. 501s.

Yes, the amount of Kiwi rubbish being returned to sender far exceeds what would be expected from a country with such a sparce population.

If one has been in Thailand for a while, or visited many times, one is likely to have had 'meetings' with Thai police. I have had at least 5; in only one was I driving. Always always always...Be Nice!

---in a taxi coming back from playing golf...cop pulls the taxi over...female taxi driver hands over her license with a folded 500 baht note under it...cop waved the taxi off, keeping the 500 baht

---twice pulled over in a taxi during Covid near Asoke in BKK. It was well before curfew and I was wearing a mask...asked to get out and empty my pockets, which I did...cop asked where I was going, and I told him home...finished

---was driving from near Lampang back to BKK....police checkpoint...cops walked up to each car asking for 200 baht from everyone...I had a Diplomatic Passport and Dip ID back then, which I handed to the cop...he made a face, then said "Go!"

---in a taxi going from Maesai to Chiangrai airport....there are two checkpoints on that 60 km route...my taxi was stopped, large officer climbed in the back next to me, turned his head toward me, staring into my face from maybe 6 inches away....asked if he could open my bags...told him he was welcome...he stared for another ten seconds into my eyes...smiled, climbed out and said "Have good day you"

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

No, I'm definitely not saying that, but it has to be a pretty extreme situation to physically assault a policeman and attempt to grab his weapon. I would say in the vast majority of these cases that the perpetrator was either insane, unhinged, very very high, or feeling overly entitled. 

Problem is yes of course it has to be extreme but it does not look like they grabbed his weapon to turn it on him instead they grabbed the weapon & immediately put it out of reach & then immediately disarmed the weapon so NONE could use it to do harm...

Not exactly the actions of someone trying to hurt anyone but instead a self defensive move, self preservation move.

But as always TIT & we will see what tale develops.

If it was anything less he would have turned the gun not thrown it immediately out of reach then have his friend disable the gun rendering it not a threat. These two do not seem the normal thug types

Edited by mania
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, mania said:

I doubt many if any think it was normal nor justified...but this story has more holes than Pattaya walking street

Read the Facts: 2 Kiwis agress thai Police officer and steal a firearm from him.....wheres the hole in the story....eventually in your mind!?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

In the video it does actually look like they were trying to make an effort to restrain and get the gun instead of simply beating the cop. I find it hard to believe a Thai cop would pull a gun on tourists but maybe this guy was drunk or insane. Unless there's video evidence we may never know.

If there is evidence of wrong doing by the policeman on video it will never be disclosed. 

Something irregular has occured for the two  foreigners to act the way they did.

We the public do not know the full story and may never will.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, rexpotter said:

Yes...totally....most UFC Fighters, Muay Thai etc, are extremely angry violent people who simply love to fight. Listen to interviews with many that are successful. Like Fedor, his mother said that when he was a kid he loved to fight. Maybe time to review this Muay Thai thing and all the dumb 'Visas' that go along with it.

This is dumb as, yes there are violent MMA fighters (War Machine and Fedor's bro being the best example, you'll have to give me an example of Fedor being violent outside of the cage as young boys fighting is normal) but most of them are extremely calm in altercations due to the fact they know how to handle themselves, it's usually untrained people who react aggressively.

In fact there's dozens of examples of former criminals/violent people changing once they take up martial arts and boxing gyms for example are one of the best ways to teach young boys how to control themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zyphodb said:

Unless, they have A LOT of money they're in it up to their necks...

It's possible but I don't think money will wipe away the insult to their pride in this case, more likely is money and jail time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Maybe you can enlighten us as to the "true facts".

Explain why its anything more than 2 guys flee police, police catch them, they then assault police and take police gun.

Are there further facts being withheld ?

No I don't know the facts and neither do you. Until they are known, it's all conjecture!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1