Two New Zealand Men Arrested in Phuket for Alleged Brutal Assault on Traffic Cop

webfact

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yep.. I agree with you...  which is why I suspect we're not getting the true story... 

... The BiB have fed the media their line and the media are going with that story...   

Do I believe the story the media are giving us is accurate ? Nope.. I don't....   there is some saving face going on along with bias reporting IMO. 

I could be wrong of course and events are as reported - but there still seems too much oddity with scenario as it has currently been painted. 

But the photo speaks volumes - one can ignore that to save face.

IF the 2 stupid characters stopped in the first instance, all this would never have happened, isn't it? Or are they a 'privileged' lot according to you?

Edited by ravip
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

is there really such a thing as a "fine weapon"  personally i find them all revolting

Of course there is.

Just as I have no personal use for a Rolex watch I understand that it has the finest in materials, design and workmanship.

Same thing with a firearm, it is not a product I am in the market for yet I can understand the same sort of quality in materials, design and workmanship can go into making it.

7 hours ago, zakalwe said:

The "internal" safety in the Glock line is to prevent accidental discharge from like dropping the gun. It is disengaged when pulling the trigger.

A fine weapon.

The two blokes are super lucky! The fine weapon would have done a perfect job,  if it was  really used.

7 minutes ago, ravip said:

But the photo speaks volumes - one can ignore that to save face.

IF the 2 stupid characters stopped in the first instance, all this would never have happened, isn't it? Or are they a 'privileged' lot according to you?

Or are they privileged, according to me ???......   You're gaslighting, but I'll play...   The two NZ guys are clearly pi!!ocks for not stopping - that much is obvious

As far as the photo is connected - that only shows one NZ Guy subduing the police officer and the other making the weapon safe, as to why he felt the need to do that is the part of this issue which IMO is of greatest significance...   

- was he (NZ guy) defending himself and subdued an angry officer he thought was going to kill him ? (better to be in trouble than dead)....  Or,

- is the NZ guy a complete nut-case and attacked the Police Officer ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, ravip said:

Erm...   we're not in the US - pointless comment.

Do not segregate humans - US, Europe or Timbuktu - all are humans and behavior is common... more or less... just like fighting tooth and nail for  saving face. 

Gaslighting again - I'm not segregating humans....     Examples from other areas where the police have from a different policing culture, different training, different degree of accountability etc means the hypothetical parallel you draw with US police is rather daft.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Or are they privileged, according to me ???......   You're gaslighting, but I'll play...   The two NZ guys are clearly pi!!ocks for not stopping - that much is obvious

As far as the photo is connected - that only shows one NZ Guy subduing the police officer and the other making the weapon safe, as to why he felt the need to do that is the part of this issue which IMO is of greatest significance...   

- was he (NZ guy) defending himself and subdued an angry officer he thought was going to kill him ? (better to be in trouble than dead)....  Or,

REALLY, if the cop was a nut case, he would have shot both of them dead, isn't it? Why wait for the NZ idiot to get on top of him? A nut cop with a weapon in hand waiting for a monkey to get on top of him????

Its very obvious who the nut cases are.

OK keep justifying the two NZ nut cases... I am done! Enough time wasted.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Of course there is.

Just as I have no personal use for a Rolex watch I understand that it has the finest in materials, design and workmanship.

Same thing with a firearm, it is not a product I am in the market for yet I can understand the same sort of quality in materials, design and workmanship can go into making it.

So is it not somewhat strange that a relatively low ranking police officer in a third world country is armed with the gun equivalent of a rolex?   And how could a firearm which is apparently liable to misfire be considered as a fine weapon, or even suitable for police issue, considering the environment in which it is likely to be used. This is the first time I have ever heard of a sig sauer and it misfired ,  somebody could easily have been killed, hardly a good advertisement for a quality weapon in my opinion

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The photo does not show the one with the gun making it safe. Although that MAY have been what he was doing, the photo, in know way, shows that. The photo would be the same if he was racking the slide to make sure it had a round in the chamber so it would be ready to fire.

Touching police in any country regardless your asking for trouble, I'm not condoning this episode.

However one guy appears to have made the weapon safe and I think its him who says words to the effect "he's trying to kill us!" That could be during the chase or immediately after.

The guy on top of the cop appears to be containing him rather than giving him a beating which he looked capable of doing.

I don't think the full truthful events will ever be available and the two kiwis are going to be on the receiving end of some summery justice. As well a some time in the Bangkok hiilton.

18 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

They have made their bed, and now get to sleep in it for a very long time. Think this takes NZ to the top of the madness list by far. Not even the back kicking Swiss guy stands a chance.

should have shot the Dip -hits, people that stupid are a danger to other peoples , oxygen theifs

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, zakalwe said:

Now I'm really curious to see if the Day brothers spend any time in prison. Parent's millions vs national loss of face.

That is sad to hear, money talks bull-hit walks pu-ked up world, send them to Ukraine to see have any gon-ds

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, zakalwe said:

Now I'm really curious to see if the Day brothers spend any time in prison. Parent's millions vs national loss of face.

What is their arrest history in New Zealand?

Social offenses, violence. Drugss?

7 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

So is it not somewhat strange that a relatively low ranking police officer in a third world country is armed with the gun equivalent of a rolex?   And how could a firearm which is apparently liable to misfire be considered as a fine weapon, or even suitable for police issue, considering the environment in which it is likely to be used. This is the first time I have ever heard of a sig sauer and it misfired ,  somebody could easily have been killed, hardly a good advertisement for a quality weapon in my opinion

You previously posted

'is there really such a thing as a "fine weapon"  personally i find them all revolting'.

I responded to that. 

17 hours ago, sherwood said:

<deleted> the USA, we ain't in Kansas Dorothy do good.

Sick and tired of hearing this crap from the people from the home of the brave.

Struth 

You're right. 3 years in Thai prison and then deported. Let them live where the sheep are scarred and the men wear black socks with shorts

17 hours ago, Smokin Joe said:

I don't know of any country where resisting arrest is considered self defense.

Have you ever heard of an unlawful arrest? In my opinion, they held back. The Thai mafia needs to learn. 

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

You are not allowed to restrain a cop and take his gun away. There is no need for proof they fled.

I've said it many times on this thread, there are plenty of times it appropriate 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Dolf said:

Isn't that what you are doing? 20 to 40m tourists a year. How many wrestle with cops?

Maybe look up the stats

Maybe you need to understand just what the RTP are like... most on here know.

14 hours ago, Dolf said:

Drugs maybe. Standard traffic check to this. Just crazy.

Yes, it's highly likely they had drugs on them and were worried about being discovered. It's difficult for me to imagine they would react so intensely just because of a 500 THB traffic violation.

23 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

There is a huge ANTI-FOREIGNER sentiment at this moment going trough the Thai people and every foreigner is EQUAL to the Swedish guy or the Brit who maimed an old lady at the supermarket.

Not only in Phuket but I can see the same feeling in Korat too.

Social Media is tarnishing all the foreigners with the same brush and the Thai people are hooked on their phones reading the influencers (my post a few days ago).

So, the policeman pointing a gun to this 2 guys would not be strange.

Try Swiss.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

What 'facts' do you have ?

We see a video of one NZ guy disarming and subduing a police officer, then handing the gun over to his friend who makes it safe - those are the visual facts. 

These facts are enough to convict them for assaulting a police man, stealing his weapon and illegal firearm possession.

All the made-up stories to try to shift blame won't change that.

To me all these feeble excuses are quite pathetic.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Yes, it's highly likely they had drugs on them and were worried about being discovered. It's difficult for me to imagine they would react so intensely just because of a 500 THB traffic violation.

Cocaine or steroids or some party drug. Spoilt rich boys love drugs.

29 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

There is a huge ANTI-FOREIGNER sentiment at this moment going trough the Thai people and every foreigner is EQUAL to the Swedish guy or the Brit who maimed an old lady at the supermarket.

Not only in Phuket but I can see the same feeling in Korat too.

Social Media is tarnishing all the foreigners with the same brush and the Thai people are hooked on their phones reading the influencers (my post a few days ago

This is the sad truth. *sigh* 

• Agree 1